weekly d00d's 52 in 2014 ... Week 51 : Extravagant

Hi, I like the thinking behind this, though I am not too sure on the processing myself though that is just personal taste
pity you could not replicate the exact same angle too as the first one is a much better angle

really rather like this, nice job reflecting the changing seasons.

You've done well to get the POV (nearly) the same in both of them.

Colours in both are great too.

Thanks ... glad you like it!

really rather like this, nice job reflecting the changing seasons.

Get the 2 other seasons and you'd have a really super set there.

Watch this space!

H David,

I agree with Graham, good shots (y)(y)

(y)(y)

Hi, I like the thinking behind this, though I am not too sure on the processing myself though that is just personal taste
pity you could not replicate the exact same angle too as the first one is a much better angle

Yes the processing is really over the top. And I agree the first one is a better angle, I was trying to replicate it but at the same time had to include more of the trees.

Hi David :)

A couple of great images, I'd love to see them a true set, side by side with a nice border, well done for getting the angle the same, my only crit is would like the crop the same (Tiny bit off the bottom of the second :)) real nice colours in both images, in the leaves in the first and the blossom of the second, they really lift the shots :)

Step: No 2 for me. The feeling of movement and zoom blur add to the step theme...Pity about the fag in hand, makes me cringe someone killing themselves slowly in that way :eek:

Nature: I echo what everyone else has said..a nice idea to have a set documenting the seasons...Autum is one of the most picturesque seasons for me and your 2 pics side by side proves this point beyond a doubt.

Good work daivd. Keep it up (y)

A good idea and I look forward to seeing your shots again with all the seasons! There's a tree in park near here that I always said I'll photograph in the different seasons, after seeing yours I think I'll have to have a go as well!:)

Hi David

Step.....2nd image for , nice n bright , focal zoom is a neat trick, sharp where it should be (y)

Nature ......Autumn image works better for me , good low POV , nice light on the leaves , the April morning one looks a little Blue on my screen......:thinking:

Hi David :)

A couple of great images, I'd love to see them a true set, side by side with a nice border, well done for getting the angle the same, my only crit is would like the crop the same (Tiny bit off the bottom of the second :)) real nice colours in both images, in the leaves in the first and the blossom of the second, they really lift the shots :)
Thanks. Yes I'd like to have a set of four now I'm half way there! I took the first (autumn) with the aim of capturing the sun on the leaves under the bench, and now I've got a spring shot showing more of the trees behind the bench ... different camera angles, something that can't really be fixed by cropping. So if I can get decent summer and winter shots I might just make a collage.

Good take on two different seasons...
Thanks Colin.

#1 for me. Wonderful lighting and I rather like the processing and low angle.

Feels like it would suit a square crop.

Cheers.
I agree ... #1 for me too but they belong together, My "entry" is the pair of them. I didn't fix them side by side because each pic would then show on our pc screens probably less than a quarter the size shown now.

Nature - two wonderful and very fitting images for the theme great work.
Thank you Mandy.

Step: No 2 for me. The feeling of movement and zoom blur add to the step theme...Pity about the fag in hand, makes me cringe someone killing themselves slowly in that way :eek:

Nature: I echo what everyone else has said..a nice idea to have a set documenting the seasons...Autum is one of the most picturesque seasons for me and your 2 pics side by side proves this point beyond a doubt.

Good work daivd. Keep it up (y)
(y)

A good idea and I look forward to seeing your shots again with all the seasons! There's a tree in park near here that I always said I'll photograph in the different seasons, after seeing yours I think I'll have to have a go as well!:)
I too might try these four seasons comparison shots in one or two other places ... something a bit more straight forward than the corner of an unphotogenic park bench.

Hi David

Step.....2nd image for , nice n bright , focal zoom is a neat trick, sharp where it should be (y)

Nature ......Autumn image works better for me , good low POV , nice light on the leaves , the April morning one looks a little Blue on my screen......:thinking:
Thank you Lynne ... and yes the blossom pic is a bit over-the-top blue/violet colour.

Not a lover of the clipped letters David, I'm guessing its intentional? :thinking:.........I would have probably preferred to see the whole box, angled, slight shadow, clean bg :thinking:
dunno1.gif
:)

persevering with a terrible idea ...

action3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I see what you are doing but its not working, second attempt better but still not really doing it sorry

OK ... here's the wife getting active this afternoon ...

action.jpg

I'm not going to even mention the first "action" shot... but the second sorks for me, like the lighting to really highlight the boxes, and leave the rear items in the shadows, combined with the use of SC, (y) from me.

Hmmm - Picasa zoom burst again eh?? ;).. nearly works, and I like the tilt here... I'm wondering if this, used selectively, within the image could work, ie, I don;t think the trees top right benefit from having the blur applied to them. To do this would need the original plus the zb version, layered and mask out the unwanted bits. Just an idea... :)

I have no idea how you've achieved this :thinking:................but I kind'a like it (y) Again, I'm with Graham, it would probably look better with the trees on the top right and centre above her leg, left as normal :)

I'm not going to even mention the first "action" shot... but the second sorks for me, like the lighting to really highlight the boxes, and leave the rear items in the shadows, combined with the use of SC, (y) from me.

Hmmm - Picasa zoom burst again eh?? ;).. nearly works, and I like the tilt here... I'm wondering if this, used selectively, within the image could work, ie, I don;t think the trees top right benefit from having the blur applied to them. To do this would need the original plus the zb version, layered and mask out the unwanted bits. Just an idea... :)

Thanks Graham ... glad you like the Action boxes in the bathroom cupboard, I was quite pleased too.

The other image is not worthy of criticism .. just a girl being silly.

I have no idea how you've achieved this :thinking:................but I kind'a like it (y) Again, I'm with Graham, it would probably look better with the trees on the top right and centre above her leg, left as normal :)

The effect is easily done ... and amuses me! ... I'm easily amused.

Picasa zoom burst .. as Graham says (y) magnifying her right foot first

Hi David

1st 2 action shots...no comment on 1st , the 2nd one nearly works , more shadow on the mono bottles n stuff , more light on the sc'd bit as per Grahams comments.

The Zoom burst almost works but looks a little too unreal for me , good idea though, like the quirky tilt , low POV ,just needs a bit of work...

MONO

I always think -rightly or wrongly- monochrome images should have lots of shadow. I messed around with a few different idea this week and came up with this:-

mono.jpg

First one for me d00d! A simple idea, well composed and shot and I definitely agree about the shadows. Good take on the theme too - it's all there in black and white (y)

Like the glasses over the book, the shadows and light on the text work really well.

Hi, yes first for me too the second is blown out really and I am struggling to see where the focus is

Love the glasses shot, but a pity the type is blown out beneath the bridge of the specs.

Hi d00d :) I'm just catching up....Nature...great idea to catch the seasons.....looking forward to the next one !
Action....I like that whizzing effect....I must have a little go at that sometime.
Mono...well, I do like the raindrops on the leaf .... but I think the book one is my favourite, it's a unique idea....and the black is really black :confused: I like the shadows ... it works well.

The glass's on the books a great image (y)

It just seems to draws the eye and work a lot better imho, somehow taking away something from the 2nd image :thinking:

Action - I like the one off your wife getting active, I have no idea how you achieved it but I am impressed.

Mono - I like the idea behind both the images, but I feel the composition on both images could be improved.

Back