weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

Hi David. Surely something Freudian about putting his book upside down ha ha - glad you did as it creates extra interest. :clap:

I really like it! Makes me smile to see a mini version of the same book and I like how you've arranged everything, including the upside down book. :)

It's on theme and the subject stands out nicely. Might have been nice to have Freud the right way up looking at the miniature book but as Jason says it work well with the subject on the right.

Nicely done David as said the miniature book really draws the eye, I'm sure there is something in those books that tells you why :)

Liking this one David (even though Freud was a nutter :eek:) and my only crit is to move the little blue book a little further from the edge as it feels a little cramped.

Super image for the miniature theme, clever and well laid out.

Love the Captive shot and very creative and imaginative. :clap:

Another cleaver idea the blue colour of the Miniature book is just so vivid.
Thank you Stan

Miniature: very understated and clever composition. With the combination of the eye naturally viewing left to right and dark to light, the eye lands nicely on the miniature book. Good stuff David
quality crit :D thanks Jason

Hi David. Surely something Freudian about putting his book upside down ha ha - glad you did as it creates extra interest. :clap:
Thanks Carl ... I spent half the day on this (and that), started with something really quite different and then finally (or I thought it was) the mind books. But then I remembered my Freud book and did a hurried reshoot, I don't know what make me put it upside down. Perhaps I should consult Jung.

Hi d00d ...yes, I agree with Carl ...the twist in the tale ....the upside down book ...all very eye catching and on theme ...can't ask for more than that :)
Thanks susie

I really like it! Makes me smile to see a mini version of the same book and I like how you've arranged everything, including the upside down book. :)
Thanks Sheylara

Long time since I read any Freud :)
On theme, a little under exposed.
Cheers.
... on your iPad o_O

It's on theme and the subject stands out nicely. Might have been nice to have Freud the right way up looking at the miniature book but as Jason says it work well with the subject on the right.
Thanks Chris

Nicely done David as said the miniature book really draws the eye, I'm sure there is something in those books that tells you why :)
:)
Liking this one David (even though Freud was a nutter :eek:) and my only crit is to move the little blue book a little further from the edge as it feels a little cramped.
Awww, poor mousey!

Nice books!
Great pic, really nice :)
Super image for the miniature theme, clever and well laid out.
Very clever, good composition and lovely capture :)
spot on theme and an original idea
Thanks all (y)

Hey David :)

Blimey... I'm behind on sooooooo many threads...

Metal - A nice unusual touch with the glove, I think it works well with the diagonals brought into the image, the cross still stands out nicely with the light reflecting off it :)

Metal 2 - damn, gotta love that extreme angle and colours, that is one hell of a chunk of metal and a big bolt !!!

Captive - I thought the colour was chosen because of the nostalgic feel it gives to the mouse, a brainwave of an idea mate, love the concept of this one (y)

Hi David, quick crit of your captive shot. I love it! The thought process and execution are excellent. I like the PP work to snip the mouse cable into a "tail". All in all very witty and some good camera & lighting skills to get it just so.

For me, I'd have lightened the image a stop or so, although with the colour tone you have it all feels a bit "matrix-y" which works to good effect as well (the bit where Keanu is being interrogated early on and it's all shot with a slight yellow tone).

Great job and looking forward to more of yours :)

Captive: Good thinking! I really like that one (y)
Miniature: Perfect for the theme and I like how the bright colours of the miniature book pop out against the others.

Week 4 someone's Happy

Q41yXAvI5PweN4mF-suMs6quOBqT6_8FMiW6Z3ujXii3ksyA3hSf7OV-i6zCE6T04N3c1tLSpLZUjGDfYA3DT_ldJljD6jAgFcLThB9ovsSpeUV8RT-pMf_VUUvYhe_y-sdQUwCRXkA-QIiCDeE8X_BNtk2EtUK19my6nDtWnFQWZNP3L2XQiWL5p_XhnDuUbHwx-BVa-0tYsfk1mxE5KikHpjS3gKRtO3YIw1MoqEkdKBoFz7l4KTqm_Hf2IOB6JGin79XuA1Fr1tS1s4siMNpREgCS1yJCVnHcYE_fxHK5MMPVLkKA9o6ztFQ3ZbGrNlg3kMrsT-cUK9ECKMKW3ELYcNUZ0Nxkwy2QPYtywCQL5CUI8b3HVd04FUu3kXqr87heeD21lwZW1Q6FmUQlQSJCGpQHkW2Yok-5UVZcC5-qavsMgCed0FNrEac6WzecwxA-mCikv1BJuZ73uo9xp0Ax2pRf3WwKn3u6tIZ6wVaJd9bjD-n5HIvCGmG4fd0DBXmCZG70Ut-gks5wzg_c7ZdDnytUkGTX7dO7ndVpN1yYUgL-OsiqlHt3ekvSQLq3NaYX=w1625-h893-no

Hi David. That's a terrific find for Happy and very nicely taken with that subtle lighting. (Wish I'd thought of that ... still struggling for inspiration I'm afraid). :clap:

Thanks Carl & Paul (y) I drew it myself on my neighbour's, newly stained, back gate this sunny morn. The subtle lighting is a vignette job.

Happy, very clever take on the theme, love the subtle lighting (y)

Thanks Carl & Paul (y) I drew it myself on my neighbour's, newly stained, back gate this sunny morn. The subtle lighting is a vignette job.

Romance in the air ?

Last edited:
Good and different interpretation of the theme which I like, nicely done.

Nice. They say a photo should tell a story and this is great. A clear simple shot that tells an age old story.

Hi david.
Didnt have you down as a vandal :)
Metal shots are cool love that pov on the bridge.
Captive is a very clever image would never have come up with that idea.
The love heart is spot on great tones/colour to boot.

Gaz

Did you get on well with your neighbour before today?
Romance in the air ?
She's a harmless old lady, not my type. After borrowing her gate for an hour, drawing some different Happy images, popping back home to view pics on pc, trying different lenses and stuff .... I cleaned up, she's none the wiser. :D

Happy, very clever take on the theme, love the subtle lighting (y)
Good and different interpretation of the theme which I like, nicely done.
That looks nice and fresh David, really nice strong contrast works very well, really like the wide crop too, the dead/negative space is a good touch (y)
Nice. They say a photo should tell a story and this is great. A clear simple shot that tells an age old story.
Hi david.
Didnt have you down as a vandal :)
Metal shots are cool love that pov on the bridge.
Captive is a very clever image would never have come up with that idea.
The love heart is spot on great tones/colour to boot.
Gaz
Positive responses to Happy ... Thanks all. (y) ... [no mention of shoehorns or anything like that]

Great idea David, plain and simple (y)

Back