weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

I'd agree with the comments regarding the image being a bit dark and about removing the label great take on the theme

Abandoned, really like the second image you posted, so much to look at and take in. Perfect.

Camouflaged is a clever image, like it a lot.

Well thanks all ... Camouflage was probably not my be entry this year but hey .. some of you like it. :D

I appreciate the input. (y)

... and now onto Danger(ous)

... was thinking of going on all sorts of expeditions this week 7 ... but today visited an A40 Westway crossing where I remember seeing this depressingly realistic sign. Thought I'd get a longish exposure of a FG car before or aft the sign but came away with nothing more than FG fumes and BG traffic movement instead. I think it works OK ... in PP I selected the sign and gave it a boost.

Week 7 Danger(ous)
WcNqsOH3rcEd6NiF3-eIXzR49DgvyJjIvWJQ9Kr_AtEdmYrwlqxJ-aANpULmQO6aVKggTL8mgMWcyo8dM1NfOlpB3OopnsTkdghbLPHk2ryyUzPlIifojTG2o0uc2icRP8AFJpRpaAsoOKcJmwK0WS11rgWrIaIgvzPqrRDi1IPsetZV18HljFUYp1xdDSH03S-LQRZ9FHKr54TS5Ybfjwm6b1vkWtaXOnUgZh8O7k-Hr-m0N3KT3KqIYDo8HfwbP3laGNHbzmXmFhXiy5jAWZaWm5IFYYjtxracYHnMAIKHaaM8wQS20gW2sqoFlxykfdbAwZfn7squGYxr60elqbe4f33UEqDj_oru-bsu-Hzu7vIz753pojnnmmbCxMYYfRHCDKPATLGftJYs0hmJkph8MFvuvC_MC0B-RNzafFokOW61ZHWk-NbR5skVJvGaRSF-mq0B8UbSwdeIcNvSl42Vly8ah6N-d9K4o0dnufdtNP8xOVDv0u7qw7brYFFN81rsri5zhwFIBp_130CXllIWeXhcYuPqjcKRy5JfV1mh1Qir0Yqh1W_Qv3nG3higHvMu=w1751-h893-no

8 o'clock EDIT ... SOOC added.

Last edited:
I was out today trying the very same thing David but too light and really no equipment to be able to turn down the shutter speed. Yours has come out really well with the sharp focus on that (very sad) warning notice and the speeding traffic behind. :clap:

Absolutely spot on. Even the red of the passing traffic (in which you've captured the movement perfectly) signals danger.

thank guys ...

red yes that's the colour.

Hi welcome Dan .. "a little artificial" .. I know exactly what you mean. Wanting emphasis on the sign without the shoppery look.

... I'm uploading the SOOC to my original post.

Last edited:
Very well done David, spot on for the theme, really good choice of location

Excellent choice David, everything just fits nicely from the warning sign to the colour of the passing bus (y)

Danger - Lovely motion blur there! I agree re the PP work on the sign, after seeing your SOOC shot, I don't think it needs it either! Nice job! (y)

I agree with the others the red and motion work well with the danger theme with the sign just pointing out the actual risks - nicely done :clap:

Hi d00d, nice motion blur sign looks a little overdone maybe, fits the theme well

What a nice effect with lovely red streaking! :) I think the boosted sign is good. I prefer it than the SOOC because it looks sharper and it's an important element for the theme.

Ha ha David... I'm playing catchup with your images and saw your Abandoned week 5 shot of the banana and thought it was Dangerous! I was about to comment how on theme it was while trying to work out how the museum shot was in any way dangerous... Now I get it ;) I prefer the abandoned lunch/coffee in the museum for me - I love the POV and candid nature of the shot.

Camouflage works well for the theme but I might squeeze a touch more exposure out of it - perhaps a half a stop or so higher? Minor crit is the label being upside down! A lower POV would be an interesting comparison as well, to see how it differs?

Dangerous is a brilliant shot - one of your best so far, I think. Really well done, the processing works for me although agree a different take could be to tone down the saturation on the motion blur. But still a great shot!

I like your take for Camouflage works very well
Dangerous great find never seen one of them works well with fast moving traffic.(y)

Very good David....suits the theme perfectly.
Good colour and lovely blur.

Great spot for Danger David. I like the processing and the red adds a greater sense of danger/speed to reinforce the point of the message.:clap::clap::clap:

Very well done David, spot on for the theme, really good choice of location
Love this one d00d ...spot on for the theme ....the movement and the sign work so well together ...I think it needed the edit ...it really emphasises the message.
Dangerous - that is so bang on for the theme, roads are a busy and dangerous place if your not carefull. A great take on the theme, and well done for an early posting.
Excellent choice David, everything just fits nicely from the warning sign to the colour of the passing bus (y)
Thanks so much for your comments (y)

Perfect for the theme - the long exposure really heightens the sense of danger. is this the sooc version that I'm seeing? The sign looks fine to me.
Thanks Emma ... the above pic is my edit, to view the SOOC click on the SOOC word just under the pic. :)

Danger - Lovely motion blur there! I agree re the PP work on the sign, after seeing your SOOC shot, I don't think it needs it either! Nice job! (y)
I agree with the others the red and motion work well with the danger theme with the sign just pointing out the actual risks - nicely done :clap:
Hi d00d, nice motion blur sign looks a little overdone maybe, fits the theme well
Fantastic image David, the captured movement against the prominent sign is bang on - I really like your crop too how you have included the 'push buttons to cross' on both edges of the frame, and kept the writing on the road clear - Super shot :clap:
It works perfectly for the theme. The motion blur and the sign just convey danger of moving vehicles.
What a nice effect with lovely red streaking! :) I think the boosted sign is good. I prefer it than the SOOC because it looks sharper and it's an important element for the theme.
Ha ha David... I'm playing catchup with your images and saw your Abandoned week 5 shot of the banana and thought it was Dangerous! I was about to comment how on theme it was while trying to work out how the museum shot was in any way dangerous... Now I get it ;) I prefer the abandoned lunch/coffee in the museum for me - I love the POV and candid nature of the shot.

Camouflage works well for the theme but I might squeeze a touch more exposure out of it - perhaps a half a stop or so higher? Minor crit is the label being upside down! A lower POV would be an interesting comparison as well, to see how it differs?

Dangerous is a brilliant shot - one of your best so far, I think. Really well done, the processing works for me although agree a different take could be to tone down the saturation on the motion blur. But still a great shot!
I like your take for Camouflage works very well
Dangerous great find never seen one of them works well with fast moving traffic.(y)
Very good David....suits the theme perfectly.
Good colour and lovely blur.
Great spot for Danger David. I like the processing and the red adds a greater sense of danger/speed to reinforce the point of the message.:clap::clap::clap:
Thanks all so much for your comments (y)

Motion blur well captured, spot on for the theme - good choice!

Dangerous is really good, the shutter speed is perfect and adding the poster in as well was genius.

I really like your take on dangerous, the motion adding to a sense of danger.

Wow quick off the mark with the next theme I've only just posted dangerous :) Have to say I must be missing something because I really don't see topical.

Edit : Scratch that, Ive just read the poem :D

Nice little poem. :p And congrats on being the first in with the topical cream. :p

Hi d00d, not liking the theme either, had to look up why topical too, nice whites and fine for the theme

You've done a lovely job on this matey. Sharp and well lit. I don't like the top off and dribbling cream though...

Moving into product photography for drugs companies are we d00d? ;)
Well taken shot. Ticks the boxes for a technically good photo and with this week's theme, if you say it's topical, then it's topical.

Topical, on theme...but doesn't grab me, I'm afraid. You can do better David, maybe something else will come to mind over the week.

Cheers.

I'm envious how you got that tube quite as sharp ... and the white is spot on too. Makes a surprisingly nice image of a tube of cream. As for the poetry, set it to music and you're made. :clap:

Back