weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Horses for courses but I disagree with Dave 70D in that the blur adds to the story. What is it that the [jobsworth] guard is suspicious of?

Sharp nice take on the theme something a bit different the DoF works really well to pull your eye to the one razor, nice colours too.

What he said ^^^

OT - altho in reality, those Bics are anything BUT sharp, hatefull things to shave with. Buy yourself a proper double edged razor that uses old type blades and discover what a real close shave is...... ;)

Closely followed by...
"Oi, MATE, no photography here ...."
Like the blurriness on the LH side for some reason.

Describing yourself as Totty David is a bit much but I like the blur it adds something, an air of mystery

What he said ^^^

OT - altho in reality, those Bics are anything BUT sharp, hatefull things to shave with. Buy yourself a proper double edged razor that uses old type blades and discover what a real close shave is...... ;)
Ha ... 10 for £1 .... a prop, not for shaving with.:D

Hi Dave

I think the guard had his beady eye on you, hidding in the bushes ( that is what it looks like )

I think he is a walking CCTV, it looks like a camera he is wearing.

Pete

Last edited:
Very good David. I had similar in mind, but could not get anywhere to get the shot. On theme.

Sleepy? He's like a crouching tiger :eek:

Hi Dave

I think the guard had his beady eye on you, hidding in the bushes ( that is what it looks like )

I think he is a walking CCTV, it looks like a camera he is wearing.

Pete
Thanks Pete

it looks like a camera he is wearing ..... yeah but don't tell Philip @Phil Bennett ;)

Very good David. I had similar in mind, but could not get anywhere to get the shot. On theme.

Sleepy? He's like a crouching tiger :eek:
Thanks

.... a crouching tiger :D

Guarded - I like that David the OOF area really pulls your eye to the security guard

Yep - Guard is a belter :)

I think the comments are right, that almost certainly is a camera around his neck. A bit rich when they don't want you taking photos in there isn't it ;)
Works for me. The oof foreground adds to the shot imo.

Guard
I think i would like it more if there was a bit more of a gap between the oof person (lady) and the guard, having said that I think you've done a pretty good job considering the camera was on a table and a like the expression of the guards face.

I think the comments are right, that almost certainly is a camera around his neck. A bit rich when they don't want you taking photos in there isn't it ;)
Works for me. The oof foreground adds to the shot imo.
Cheers Tim. (y)

a bit rich indeed .... one rule for them, a different rule for the rest of us :rolleyes:

Guard
I think i would like it more if there was a bit more of a gap between the oof person (lady) and the guard, having said that I think you've done a pretty good job considering the camera was on a table and a like the expression of the guards face.

Thanks Dominic ... I did get others that were a little better composed but this one showed a better expression on the guards face plus the security word was clearer.

I do like to get comfortable when doing this kind of shot with the camera in a discrete position .... a tilt-swivel screen helps!

Great shot, I like the composition! He is staring at that blurry woman in front of him, isn't he?

I shot this questerday, wasn't totally happy with the light reflections. Got the ketchup out, did it again and it came out yellow due to me taking camera WB off auto, and I couldn't fix it in PP. I wasn't going to get the ketchup out for the third time so you'll have to make do with this. :)

Week 8 Thick
RstVkEt3fTGiijUqTPzZ_TVNpxtdtGx0zKXIYUOT2aalEho3lyFNd1I7vlHIywBIh0NRW8GeeiBDlRj2Uh0bcUO6eC8yOknzQMS40vQa61lrjWsR5xiqyF_wH5fFfiboXXSE60J30l-sR8dP1dEcyo-Ft6_1Uo_Nl-xlo9lmqTLNuAFu8lzNwYSSjfwby_XtyByg8Y2kMluUSAlQYzl2iPQNg8R_CwSHyift8wswJS5N8m9MUcR6vx63xznd4LZv4Q_WVrtubuZB3sEWpaesaLspRrRlSoZCi98pHeiw2njjv-vMuUphwNgP-hR4CVSnmJHcPE-R2REb9aIGYXurHtsasaqiEiAfth5u1nSXOZ_oEocrYsPky7M1LWPOoIFUKKw3na2gMoQmZzIeYSS-zLtL_bZftbRPrLoGbupLM1OPHGPgNgqZiBz3R2WdN2EFsn2_FS5rTzB6gUK8DN-oMMkudt3b6sLM0MHLeYDQ24a40U6y20yzllF2pTBmX0fMTu9HRY4Y4Ks03dQ1Uw5DHtk7lxrWdwYAsIYPaCD2XFn6v_7heL2Rvjvgi_79RBroVSIGcyoOg_UP8glZd44WdzisNuMULfuvkN-aWqc=w1266-h885-no

Nice shot for Guard David, love the expression on his face! Great thinking for Thick too, very pop art like!!

That's colourful! the red and green work and the blob of ketchup looks nice and thick.

Not as thick as it used to be I bet, but a nice image with striking colours.Nice highlights on the sauce dripping out.

Pete

Nice 'Thick" shot - well set up and taken David

Back