weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Week 10 ~ Heavy

... driving around Royal Crescent on Sunday, I asked the boss ... what can I take a picture of for the Heavy theme? These bollards she replied. Thank you ....

EPxbsg-lOvEny59GZauGsc0hVv8u0O9VuGagW2Q9jetmanhulpqlERaTZGtolctFO8syRilOgkA5VUB1fne-uZTv81gNBiWrLk5RzRNFG5K2JTjqfaLYJpA4FUzWNHozkVviuKA3rthr_2YzFuyqXHU8TIegwjXJvtCerdiYPyz7ZyzVXzBKReYeQ3hw-XBfQMlmCCN7k3rFpir-Ijjb_Uj2KTF-ZW-8G2IoUA58dGvTPdvH6-J_3g0DymvthXS0pd9xhprd2NfOShbl1Yq5351hSVlUlk9lLfKdXJP5tTkmzRkmBDyLXWixjeb-xhBWadNMLAZyywxp8kbPOikCp5e8L1HRJ0nlDSfxJwtzpfMdRp26yz1NaIBDHlDVB5F8Xcw6lT1JMY-7XN0vUdeLH_ZTOUwpeudHAFaRdGZKRBilSc5iybt2N4yV1sqFj0T9rlzGgiAkBQEo9Cj5xVfqiDCfhNrB5bulj5eqmbfXR0r01B3o6KpsJCRCVcY9z9180KYiMPIFSv9nDN79nw_xL9uCGgcyYZpTThpKOYo-zKA01wZrk2EaPThH9Av1tW85AwUX8fgKNKkYg0_5caOcovHsrF4NLdm3Qf1Yjws=w1415-h885-no

But I had other ideas .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_War_Memorial .... A stark poignant reminder of the contribution animals made ...
Heavy in more ways than one ....
E3ESIGStM7NcrVRzZVx7byS-JHitarqsawm_xoK2nRaBkpNoe-3CxrjEAUgeD8xRZQTfjEWI6Kdk6L9qrNbdqbwliSizne-Cs1B932AiC7XdDVlEsFxxGYZ7_dRiLZsz2w2Cm2fEHWbqaOK1pTHoDWAWbpiTZJ7Uj8oFxeolZPCqQpRdxMQrjOqFBRyOl05uDI7p8aHsu9O0AB_UvqGW0Jrt1UxauRKMTO9ungMA37lJcCiofwdoZCPd9Fhr2azK5wZXGEVNEy7W9MH_EN9mEJTFywT2uLGk3yKPIvuCbILBKDPl1pU5E4yvww7teDD-U8mg3TgKn0h2A32X94lGZcG-C_9bubwqjj-SHcO6m9G3atshnHjTK6AqLGTZaC7K_myfRTz3J14WfWP6irNHB-0X28mxK1nar-9jZpVE3okvpGPAivWoQ4CPHJDmN5CTrpxIS_yc-GuG-NAyk5oyQBCnCmQaLCnLgXPxfSZ-2zje9YDc47DC3nNx2iErL4TLaruS8BzcqV8PidZeLLzUEfH52k7bXRvnzJAgpXrWZ7lP_LCi7ySMe5UChO4ZvhN25TZBZJXX2-K3rfGJoc7sH-3o4jNRRwFk7ngAl54=w1866-h885-no

Last edited:
Horses perfect for the theme as you say heavy in more ways than one :clap:

the bollards suffering from camera shake?

As Allan says the horses are ideal for the theme, I'd be tempted to crop or clone out the block in the bottom right but I really like the clean composition with the sugestion of the horse being lead out of shot.

Horses perfect for the theme as you say heavy in more ways than one :clap:

the bollards suffering from camera shake?
(y)
As Allan says the horses are ideal for the theme, I'd be tempted to crop or clone out the block in the bottom right but I really like the clean composition with the sugestion of the horse being lead out of shot.
(y)
The mules are perfect for the theme, not so sure on the bollard thou it's a bit dark and guessing you were hand held hence the lack of sharpness.
(y)

Thanks guys

Re the Bollard ... You're right, could be sharper. Exposure 0.5 sec handheld down near ground level. I didn't really look at it close enough before posting. I've got 1 or 2 others sharper but I liked the blue van blur.

Re the Mules ... I bet a million peeps have taken a lazy snap at it, and a thousand have walked around and around trying to find an interesting pov, just as I did yesterday! ... after about 20 mins and 60 odd shots I walked away, stood waiting to cross the road, looked over my shoulder and saw it, straight forward side on, solid wall BG, simple.
Chris @sirch ... I didn't want to crop bottom or RHS, I could have attempted to clone out that 'block' but decided I liked it, it's the end of the top step.

Last edited:
The horses are spot on for theme David. Great statues which i'm sure are very heavy, plus the added bonus of them carrying heavy loads - nicely on theme

Abung dance :LOL: great title and take on the theme lovely details and texture in there

Heavy - I like the idea of first image (by the way looks like an early Jaguar XJ6 in the background:coat:) but it's got to be the horses for me perfect for the theme.

The horses are spot on for theme David. Great statues which i'm sure are very heavy, plus the added bonus of them carrying heavy loads - nicely on theme
Thanks Ian

A Heavy load.

Heavy, deep, profoundly thought-provoking.

Abung dance :LOL: great title and take on the theme lovely details and texture in there

Heavy - I like the idea of first image (by the way looks like an early Jaguar XJ6 in the background:coat:) but it's got to be the horses for me perfect for the theme.
Thanks Mark ... yes an old Jag and a Beemer behind, visible through the van, as it were. I like that but other aspects need working on.

War Horses for me, a great shot and nice that the animals are remembered too.
Thanks Dave ... yes I'm beginning to love this monument, and there's more to it than what's shown here .... the beauty of the 52s eh ... visiting new places, looking at things through different eyes!

Another place for me to visit next time we make the big trek to London. Spot on for the theme and the angle works well with the reins going out of the shot. I do like the disappearing blue van though :D

Abundance - Glad to hear they are a long term collection not the result of a binge. good colour and texture and plenty of detail I like that you have filled the frame it adds to the abundance.
Heavy - the heavily Laden Mules are spot on for the theme and as you say very poignant .

Another place for me to visit next time we make the big trek to London. Spot on for the theme and the angle works well with the reins going out of the shot. I do like the disappearing blue van though :D
(y)
What he said !
(y)
Abundance - Glad to hear they are a long term collection not the result of a binge. good colour and texture and plenty of detail I like that you have filled the frame it adds to the abundance.
Heavy - the heavily Laden Mules are spot on for the theme and as you say very poignant .
(y)

Thanks all for your input (y)

Wet was a bit frustrating, what with me struggling to get nice even drops, brollies blowing away, reshoots because I thought it would be cool to get the lines running into all four corners of the frame. GRRR

Week 11 ~ Wet
pE1S3g0KRQbP6egwIbH0zvfz-YgMTyn2LFWWfHy_ttpk3VbqUcaBRWRoGReXf-NBBuCQcZA7ZsCcvFcDDC-_qWwaqu4bp8y5OOUbdxHmj5B-Xu5GyIzK2tP_v4QoS7vHrxWg1EfnmKQ4_lLl87IWGHGupEX0XnTQdQXQCkKdg9qiwJY_bUnsbZQVD9M3M9AzJcrf4WWu0Iv9MLSrPUXeab0yndE4g8cEHa70vhuIyPp1Ijq6RM_nG1W0TfO8IrUzjyS2vfDpPlmXgpVaDHwcG7SuQjZlW3ljD2QaZkZfT1VCNeu6wGknuZM1BTeplTtbKaBKlV8mF5ZWvfQuB2ZWOlpsvAoqvxs10S3ptgrKqU7LdXH9NDwQ8Q7X2xySQ8XiTqLJM-wpGUCnha9dNlm7VdcHQSwcUAErFx6Ic-5Hjujj1S6eBS6s0Bn9Cc7qcQ04ZBIj15bf61-qrZ6C8uGUBBXGlcdnRUe56OOfs7GWveQaY4lFA4NxWlavlq8utg2TWNuRoisIYlTnbLj-Wymo3qvHy1j2pC_C4rztalIHMpjZyZTczXC4PA8j8EPmb1g1EweIQvHxbMyBq5KlId4_kI8AQpg9P5-DJ4XmaUE=w1413-h885-no

Last edited:
I shot this questerday, wasn't totally happy with the light reflections. Got the ketchup out, did it again and it came out yellow due to me taking camera WB off auto, and I couldn't fix it in PP. I wasn't going to get the ketchup out for the third time so you'll have to make do with this. :)

Week 8 Thick
RstVkEt3fTGiijUqTPzZ_TVNpxtdtGx0zKXIYUOT2aalEho3lyFNd1I7vlHIywBIh0NRW8GeeiBDlRj2Uh0bcUO6eC8yOknzQMS40vQa61lrjWsR5xiqyF_wH5fFfiboXXSE60J30l-sR8dP1dEcyo-Ft6_1Uo_Nl-xlo9lmqTLNuAFu8lzNwYSSjfwby_XtyByg8Y2kMluUSAlQYzl2iPQNg8R_CwSHyift8wswJS5N8m9MUcR6vx63xznd4LZv4Q_WVrtubuZB3sEWpaesaLspRrRlSoZCi98pHeiw2njjv-vMuUphwNgP-hR4CVSnmJHcPE-R2REb9aIGYXurHtsasaqiEiAfth5u1nSXOZ_oEocrYsPky7M1LWPOoIFUKKw3na2gMoQmZzIeYSS-zLtL_bZftbRPrLoGbupLM1OPHGPgNgqZiBz3R2WdN2EFsn2_FS5rTzB6gUK8DN-oMMkudt3b6sLM0MHLeYDQ24a40U6y20yzllF2pTBmX0fMTu9HRY4Y4Ks03dQ1Uw5DHtk7lxrWdwYAsIYPaCD2XFn6v_7heL2Rvjvgi_79RBroVSIGcyoOg_UP8glZd44WdzisNuMULfuvkN-aWqc=w1266-h885-no

Love the colours here. Not a massive ketchup lover but love this image.

Week 9 ~ A bung dance :D

GcWZBFTYMDNYC2AjwDmjf-g2cq8twfa73r9EPXHCrm8-Ipt2jMXP1MauGAePguzEqKgmCaAtbYOmcrA_Fcj0oStXIpyankc8hnGGYEEd9YUiixLldtuqg1E2laGxahHXc8_hLHqjXnLY7Oqf8lOg3vYL4Vca9Q433yiYRE51lixEfgzwAj9l38Vw2nq9ODh3M0enFQY-P3S2HUFecrH_9-XXdUu8KdUEUffDo0fB183ZshO6rxGkGfsep4FCgoXxlLbRbt9i8_GlCdLlhgfFKyApvMy0h-h6zgAF7J1DIiNr2al-wbZBuFfYxCppgTkdyGHnQqaRI1Aeb7sl0QKWj45xGNzA__Nv0JYawQ6s2-uXU5UZ9TDTUgk48fvRLVgQAEHTFWpye467svZ7hvwmfhc1Q5HybFcm3YECvfJc64Nf_Au_Q2oTfMreLCYtXyexW77nVfkYn1UrPy7WcBIsQYRiPavMSmM6AFTo1wJSLbOPuUKnlLO9EZ0D0SqyuQEJYiT3Bx4BYSgOF_HH6Z1zXTIXRLK3LuE7C2aeVVhT5WyDnB7dMgLTQJ7P_U3i518QqocrvZNEZkXxboxmp-3u4ju-rXVIn4gAktV83I8=w1425-h885-no

Great array of wine corks, certainly an abundance. Love the focus

Week 10 ~ Heavy

... driving around Royal Crescent on Sunday, I asked the boss ... what can I take a picture of for the Heavy theme? These bollards she replied. Thank you ....

EPxbsg-lOvEny59GZauGsc0hVv8u0O9VuGagW2Q9jetmanhulpqlERaTZGtolctFO8syRilOgkA5VUB1fne-uZTv81gNBiWrLk5RzRNFG5K2JTjqfaLYJpA4FUzWNHozkVviuKA3rthr_2YzFuyqXHU8TIegwjXJvtCerdiYPyz7ZyzVXzBKReYeQ3hw-XBfQMlmCCN7k3rFpir-Ijjb_Uj2KTF-ZW-8G2IoUA58dGvTPdvH6-J_3g0DymvthXS0pd9xhprd2NfOShbl1Yq5351hSVlUlk9lLfKdXJP5tTkmzRkmBDyLXWixjeb-xhBWadNMLAZyywxp8kbPOikCp5e8L1HRJ0nlDSfxJwtzpfMdRp26yz1NaIBDHlDVB5F8Xcw6lT1JMY-7XN0vUdeLH_ZTOUwpeudHAFaRdGZKRBilSc5iybt2N4yV1sqFj0T9rlzGgiAkBQEo9Cj5xVfqiDCfhNrB5bulj5eqmbfXR0r01B3o6KpsJCRCVcY9z9180KYiMPIFSv9nDN79nw_xL9uCGgcyYZpTThpKOYo-zKA01wZrk2EaPThH9Av1tW85AwUX8fgKNKkYg0_5caOcovHsrF4NLdm3Qf1Yjws=w1415-h885-no

But I had other ideas .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_War_Memorial .... A stark poignant reminder of the contribution animals made ...
Heavy in more ways than one ....
E3ESIGStM7NcrVRzZVx7byS-JHitarqsawm_xoK2nRaBkpNoe-3CxrjEAUgeD8xRZQTfjEWI6Kdk6L9qrNbdqbwliSizne-Cs1B932AiC7XdDVlEsFxxGYZ7_dRiLZsz2w2Cm2fEHWbqaOK1pTHoDWAWbpiTZJ7Uj8oFxeolZPCqQpRdxMQrjOqFBRyOl05uDI7p8aHsu9O0AB_UvqGW0Jrt1UxauRKMTO9ungMA37lJcCiofwdoZCPd9Fhr2azK5wZXGEVNEy7W9MH_EN9mEJTFywT2uLGk3yKPIvuCbILBKDPl1pU5E4yvww7teDD-U8mg3TgKn0h2A32X94lGZcG-C_9bubwqjj-SHcO6m9G3atshnHjTK6AqLGTZaC7K_myfRTz3J14WfWP6irNHB-0X28mxK1nar-9jZpVE3okvpGPAivWoQ4CPHJDmN5CTrpxIS_yc-GuG-NAyk5oyQBCnCmQaLCnLgXPxfSZ-2zje9YDc47DC3nNx2iErL4TLaruS8BzcqV8PidZeLLzUEfH52k7bXRvnzJAgpXrWZ7lP_LCi7ySMe5UChO4ZvhN25TZBZJXX2-K3rfGJoc7sH-3o4jNRRwFk7ngAl54=w1866-h885-no

Glad you posted the 2nd image as the bollard one doesn't do anything for me.

The horse one is stunning, I do agree with whats been said about the block in the right being a bit distracting

Wet was a bit frustrating, what with me struggling to get nice even drops, brollies blowing away, reshoots because I thought it would be cool to get the lines running into all four corners of the frame. GRRR

Week 11 ~ Wet
pE1S3g0KRQbP6egwIbH0zvfz-YgMTyn2LFWWfHy_ttpk3VbqUcaBRWRoGReXf-NBBuCQcZA7ZsCcvFcDDC-_qWwaqu4bp8y5OOUbdxHmj5B-Xu5GyIzK2tP_v4QoS7vHrxWg1EfnmKQ4_lLl87IWGHGupEX0XnTQdQXQCkKdg9qiwJY_bUnsbZQVD9M3M9AzJcrf4WWu0Iv9MLSrPUXeab0yndE4g8cEHa70vhuIyPp1Ijq6RM_nG1W0TfO8IrUzjyS2vfDpPlmXgpVaDHwcG7SuQjZlW3ljD2QaZkZfT1VCNeu6wGknuZM1BTeplTtbKaBKlV8mF5ZWvfQuB2ZWOlpsvAoqvxs10S3ptgrKqU7LdXH9NDwQ8Q7X2xySQ8XiTqLJM-wpGUCnha9dNlm7VdcHQSwcUAErFx6Ic-5Hjujj1S6eBS6s0Bn9Cc7qcQ04ZBIj15bf61-qrZ6C8uGUBBXGlcdnRUe56OOfs7GWveQaY4lFA4NxWlavlq8utg2TWNuRoisIYlTnbLj-Wymo3qvHy1j2pC_C4rztalIHMpjZyZTczXC4PA8j8EPmb1g1EweIQvHxbMyBq5KlId4_kI8AQpg9P5-DJ4XmaUE=w1413-h885-no

Wet, again a great shot, love the focus and can only imagine how frustrating it was to get it right.

Nice wet shot David - would look nice as B&W I reckon, with a nice bit of contrast added

Really like wet, just the right amount of umbrella and plenty of water drops, very good (y)

Wet - Really like that David nicely composed I like how the colour fo the spike stands out against the umbrella itself

Your frustration has paid off excellent shot d00d
Nice wet shot David - would look nice as B&W I reckon, with a nice bit of contrast added
Really like wet, just the right amount of umbrella and plenty of water drops, very good (y)
Wet - Really like that David nicely composed I like how the colour fo the spike stands out against the umbrella itself

Thanks guys, I was chuffed when I came up with the idea, but there's something about this I'm not 100% happy about. I got a couple two days before with better compo showing more shape to the brolly but when viewing on the big screen I could see it wasn't sharp. I really must try it again someday soon.

abundance - hints at a problem, are you sure nobody in your family is a hoarder :) Otherwise it's a good photo, good sharpness, well lit and lots of cork!
heavy - I do like the bollard, but the horses are good too. Well composed and nicely contrasty!
wet - Great shot, composition is perfect, and plenty of water drops

The mules are a great choice for the Heavy theme, David, and indeed heavy in more ways than one. It looks like a fitting memorial and the dark statues contrast well against the light wall behind them.

Wet is really well arranged and composed, and you can tell some thought has gone into getting it absolutely right (y)

abundance - hints at a problem, are you sure nobody in your family is a hoarder :) Otherwise it's a good photo, good sharpness, well lit and lots of cork!
heavy - I do like the bollard, but the horses are good too. Well composed and nicely contrasty!
wet - Great shot, composition is perfect, and plenty of water drops
The mules are a great choice for the Heavy theme, David, and indeed heavy in more ways than one. It looks like a fitting memorial and the dark statues contrast well against the light wall behind them.

Wet is really well arranged and composed, and you can tell some thought has gone into getting it absolutely right (y)
Thanks Bernd & Andrea (y)

Wet - that works really well, looks like a more simple shot than it evidently was but it turned out good in the end

Wet - that works really well, looks like a more simple shot than it evidently was but it turned out good in the end
Thanks Minx ... I'm thinking a little rain next time.

I do apologise (being typically British) but I can't see the theme here, it's a picture of women with bags. Am I just being a bit thick?

I do apologise (being typically British) but I can't see the theme here, it's a picture of women with bags. Am I just being a bit thick?
Juxtaposition; I'm trying hard to 'get' the theme here. care for some narrative?
Thanks chaps but I'm not sure you are seeing what I'm seeing here: a woman with a bag juxtaposed against a picture poster of women with bags.
PP includes perspective straighten, logo added to the 'real' bag and vignette added to bottom corners.

Wet; I love it, sharp, great composition and good exposure.
(y)

David

Heavy, really nice image, love the blue van streaking into the shot highlighting the big black heavy bollard.
Wet, another cracking shot, the colours and detail and the placing of the tip just make the image.
Juxtaposition, okay I get the theme, just, I think the pp logo does not look right. Apart from that a nice Image of 1 real and 2 fake women.

Pete

David

Heavy, really nice image, love the blue van streaking into the shot highlighting the big black heavy bollard.
Wet, another cracking shot, the colours and detail and the placing of the tip just make the image.
Juxtaposition, okay I get the theme, just, I think the pp logo does not look right. Apart from that a nice Image of 1 real and 2 fake women.

Pete
Thanks for your comments Pete. (y)

Re the logo .... deliberately OTT, I didn't want you to miss it. :D

Well I got it straight off
smartass.gif
I find the vignette a bit heavy and the samsonite logo perhaps a little unsubtle (but then reading the comments above perhaps not) but the composition works with the model in the photo pointing at the juxtaposed subject, I found it a tough theme and this certainly meets the brief for me.

Works for me, agree about the vignette otherwise a worthy attempt at the theme

Back