weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Top shot (y) Although my eyes go all funny when I look at the dark-but-not-quite-black barbed wire on the white background :confused:
Like stark, it has a lovely high detail level, whilst still having a great simplicity to the image.
That's cool David, good crop with the barb to the left third, good high-key image and with details still in the shadows of the wire twists, very nice mate (y)

wow ... thanks all (y)

With this subject matter, the lack of shadows is correct, no 'floaty' comments ;)
I do like the simplicity of the shot, with the dark texture hinting at the detail you've captured.
Cheers Tim. The BG is a dirty white sky, and there wasn't much barb detail in the sooc ... but pp brought it out, whittened the sky too.

Love the idea for the theme, nice work

:)Hope you are feeling better David. I like how the people are all in dark clothing against the very pale bg, makes them really stand out well. The wire stands out very starkly against the white bg

"Sharp" and "to the point" on the theme :)
(y)
This, plus one really D.... nice clean shot and on theme
(y)
Super clean simple shot d00d, spot on for the theme too :)
(y)
Love the idea for the theme, nice work
(y)
:)Hope you are feeling better David. I like how the people are all in dark clothing against the very pale bg, makes them really stand out well. The wire stands out very starkly against the white bg
(y)

Week 4 ~ Over ~ London Underground going Overground, Overhead.
MfxYKgzGGxMrCklwmeX4A_L-NZkodbinr3Yn6z7m4GRYzrJkDVwMmcwPKeFT_ZG_2zg72s37nd1-KXChVR_Kf0ZUAROw457B7miMf372j-Dv9qiIG2UBl_DX0zCMVRkp1AMI7uOL2Y5_s5vcsKkYcq8nlEMuZ7DvgwfDQK1e9Z9DAidwJNb0LCHyy74IcRBA4ka7m6tn1EMV0Dg9_BXGVgtIUGTDu4LAcCdzuqXA5fZ_poMfGiIwKGLIISbUkn0JP8ktRU6SYhsVeBAmO9CfD0_P9phAUbACxkZI9IW3yUx4FghWiLDufX6SxXeIE0p747k9HnPZEqfItSZbgN07nAC2HQ3Et8MEH95DPWhrn44f44mfRioxupAOsyomnDheG4ETBFiuQpR4YSj7hfpSm54ebPEovUVXBW5fKBgBNlfDqkgEBDEqh2dmgv9F8MOnGFhr8WQ0iacGmHyZ3MIfLFR6SD5FDLCltCCCzVEzZtXQ38CiR9hQCHdCAc2URsJlQvHN4SySelZzrPhWnUFiT0GAABw2h3OTf6ib8Hset9rAd23Xvl2j0NXd4zDBSNd1gS1TJe_AFl0Wh68pM6zw0Hf496FQeBeUuG_q288=w1485-h885-no

Bloody marvellous D, I really like that. The sharp adverts and the blurred train is inspired, well done dood!

Great shot for over, I like the blurred train above the in focus adverts

Works very well - nice execution - i'd thought of similar but didn't have anywhere like that to get the shot. Love it

Very good the posters although distracting from the train really make the image :clap:

Lovely image, you caught the blue hour nicely which contrasts with the orange light from the moving train. Double points for the double over in my book.

I like that very much, blurry train, sharp everything else. Good light too! But I think there's nothing for me on at the Bush theatre this season...

People - great choice of location certainly puts the people as the point of interest and as others have said the contrast of the dark clothes against the white works well.
Stark - I like that you have not lost the texture of the wire in the darkness against the sky
Over - great bit of motion blur I agree the posters make the image

Bloody marvellous D, I really like that. The sharp adverts and the blurred train is inspired, well done dood!
(y)
Great shot for over, I like the blurred train above the in focus adverts
(y)
Works very well - nice execution - i'd thought of similar but didn't have anywhere like that to get the shot. Love it
(y)
Over is a cracking take and bang on theme David, great blur of the train while keeping the posters clear and sharp, nice lighting too.
(y)
That is a great photo and meets the brief perfectly.
(y)
Very good the posters although distracting from the train really make the image :clap:
(y)
Lovely image, you caught the blue hour nicely which contrasts with the orange light from the moving train. Double points for the double over in my book.
(y)
I like that very much, blurry train, sharp everything else. Good light too! But I think there's nothing for me on at the Bush theatre this season...
(y)
I agree with Allan, the posters do make the shot.
The slow shutter speed is a nice touch.

Hmm, trains...
(y)
People - great choice of location certainly puts the people as the point of interest and as others have said the contrast of the dark clothes against the white works well.
Stark - I like that you have not lost the texture of the wire in the darkness against the sky
Over - great bit of motion blur I agree the posters make the image
(y)

Thank you all so much ...
I too am pleased with the result. I had a go earlier in the day with a blue sky, then went back at dusk to get this, also I used an ND filter.

Thanks Chris (y) .... I was expecting someone to say "underexposed" but not as yet.
:D well I nearly did (so predictable...) but then I reckon you have got the train lights and wall lights nicely exposed and there is detail everywhere else with little blacked out so it works for twilight.

Great take on the theme love the use of a slow shutter speed whilst still enabling you to know what train it is.

The adverts add interest to the lower part of the image

Great take on the theme love the use of a slow shutter speed whilst still enabling you to know what train it is.

The adverts add interest to the lower part of the image
Thanks Mark(y)

I took a few shots starting off at 1/2 sec, this was at 1/8 sec which I think works best, the trains aren't travelling fast here as they're just pulling out of the station.

Trainspotting! :D

I've had the lurgy too, David, but I feebly fell behind as a result and hence my late visit for your most recent images. The problem now is that I have nothing original to add to the comments but I do agree that People is one of the very best I've seen for the theme; the white space and dark figures complement each other perfectly, and the slightly blurred feet only add to the sense of people moving in opposite directions through the scene, Very nice indeed :clap:

Stark is another striking image and the high contrast processing works perfectly for the theme, while Over is another strong image; instantly 'London' and a great sense of movement and drama from the blurred train with the read and yellow highlights.

I've had the lurgy too, David, but I feebly fell behind as a result and hence my late visit for your most recent images. The problem now is that I have nothing original to add to the comments but I do agree that People is one of the very best I've seen for the theme; the white space and dark figures complement each other perfectly, and the slightly blurred feet only add to the sense of people moving in opposite directions through the scene, Very nice indeed :clap:

Stark is another striking image and the high contrast processing works perfectly for the theme, while Over is another strong image; instantly 'London' and a great sense of movement and drama from the blurred train with the read and yellow highlights.
Thanks Andrea .... ever generous with the genuine words. (y)

Ooo David now that is a great capture, liking the wide crop and the posters running along the bottom, loads of horizontal bands, the 'streaky' tube with flashes of red and lights works very well, love it :clap:
... and I love your description DK ... thanks m8 (y)

Hi Dave, like your take on Stark but for me looks like the shadows could so with lifting a bit and maybe a tad more contrast :).
Thanks Nigel .... I know what you mean .... but this is "high key", or that's how it turned out as the barb was just too far away for the flash to have any effect.

Back