weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

When I first saw the theme for this, I knew the dog owners would be all over it....
As I would have been a year ago, sadly....
Lovely pic of a terrier (?) trying to sleep under there Blanky...(as it was here)

Awww she looks snug Dave ....I agree with Andy nip a bit off the right hand side, it will really show off her face.

When I first saw the theme for this, I knew the dog owners would be all over it....
As I would have been a year ago, sadly....
Lovely pic of a terrier (?) trying to sleep under there Blanky...(as it was here)

Thank you both, Susie is a Jack Chi that we rescued from the RSPCA 4yrs ago.

I do like a Jack Russell type dog, we used to have two now sadly one, agree with the above comment about cropping a little maybe a more portrait view, nice idea for the theme

I do like a Jack Russell type dog, we used to have two now sadly one, agree with the above comment about cropping a little maybe a more portrait view, nice idea for the theme

Thank you Allan, have got to remember to crop a bit more but I will get there in the end :)

Both good takes David. I'm split between the two. Susie looks physically comfortable in her "nest" - love the colour combination. The Comforting Wife represents the emotional interpretation of the theme - nicely defined against the bg and good capture of facial expression.

Both good takes David. I'm split between the two. Susie looks physically comfortable in her "nest" - love the colour combination. The Comforting Wife represents the emotional interpretation of the theme - nicely defined against the bg and good capture of facial expression.

Thank you Carl, I was lucky to see the couple today as weather has stopped folks going out :(

She looks very snug indeed David. Maybe coming down to her level would have shown off her lovely brown eyes even better?

Thank you Emja, funny really as I always tell folks to get down to their dogs eye level, then I don`t lol

The pup does look comfy, almost Do Not Disturb. I think the light is a little harsh on the blankets and the colours don't really complement the shot. Have you tried it in B&W?

The pup does look comfy, almost Do Not Disturb. I think the light is a little harsh on the blankets and the colours don't really complement the shot. Have you tried it in B&W?
Thank you Foggy Susie loves her photo taken :)

Nice sharp images both of them Dave, I like the second image, a very fitting subject, but for me the dogs expression in it's eyes make it the choice for me :)
Thanks Dean, Susie is our little baby girl as I call her :)

Has to be the dog for me. If that doesn't speak comfort then I don't know what does. Well done!

Aw cute.
I can see where Allan is coming from regarding the crop, but on the flip side, I like the colour of the cushion, so would have been reluctant to crop any of it away.
Very sharp and focused on the eye. Nicely done.
I prefer it over #2, whilst they are both telling a story (and #2 might be a slightly stronger story), the vibrancy of the colours in #1 wins out.

Has to be the dog for me. If that doesn't speak comfort then I don't know what does. Well done!

Aw cute.
I can see where Allan is coming from regarding the crop, but on the flip side, I like the colour of the cushion, so would have been reluctant to crop any of it away.
Very sharp and focused on the eye. Nicely done.
I prefer it over #2, whilst they are both telling a story (and #2 might be a slightly stronger story), the vibrancy of the colours in #1 wins out.

Thank you Mike and Tim, Susie will let me know when not to take her photo :)

#1 is very well done and very well focussed. Maybe it would work better in B&W.
I like #2, but I think there is a stronger composition somewhere.

Week 2 and you have got two nice images to choose from, I am a sucker for a good dog shot and she does look comfortable. I feel however on this occasion for me it has to be the elderly couple, they look good together, my only niggle is the laurels creeping into the woman's face almost, but not much you could of done about that.

Week 2 and you have got two nice images to choose from, I am a sucker for a good dog shot and she does look comfortable. I feel however on this occasion for me it has to be the elderly couple, they look good together, my only niggle is the laurels creeping into the woman's face almost, but not much you could of done about that.

Thank you Mandy for the kind words :)

Both work very well on theme but the dog snuggled up with that grey fluffy blanket has found pure comfort.:clap:

Both work very well Dave, and the dog looks so comfortable there,
I'd doubt that much would move him :D

Lovely :) Snug as a bug. Think I would have cropped it a little tighter to really focus in on her face :D

lovely shot of the sparrow, great BG and nice and sharp, a slight lift in the exposure maybe to bring the bird out a little more would be my only slight crit.

do birds have hair :thinking: :p

lovely shot of the sparrow, great BG and nice and sharp, a slight lift in the exposure maybe to bring the bird out a little more would be my only slight crit.

do birds have hair :thinking: :p

Thanks Allan, and for the fb on exposure, yes birds do have hair, but it might be furry hair :):p

More like "Big" bird or "Who ate all the pies" bird :D

Plenty of detail David, nicely shoehorned.

Back