weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Please don't think I am being harsh but you need to think about placement, a slight gap between them on a better surface so they stand up straight and a better BG don't think the fury things working for me.

The idea is good with a bit more space around them writing lined up and focus points all to the lower number its just little detail that catch the eye and i would lose the 50mm maybe just use the three efs lenses

I am sure other people might have different ideas, hope this helps (y)

Please don't think I am being harsh but you need to think about placement, a slight gap between them on a better surface so they stand up straight and a better BG don't think the fury things working for me.

The idea is good with a bit more space around them writing lined up and focus points all to the lower number its just little detail that catch the eye and i would lose the 50mm maybe just use the three efs lenses

I am sure other people might have different ideas, hope this helps (y)

Thank you Allan, I will make a mental note of that for next time :)

One of the things that doing a 52 last year taught me was that backgrounds are a right pain and you can never have enough bits of board and what have you for getting clean backgrounds. Good effort though and all the details are there

A very nice clean sharp image David and definitely in good Order. Quite an array of kit you have there David (the 10-18 looks out of place .... it would be better at mine ha ha).

One of the things that doing a 52 last year taught me was that backgrounds are a right pain and you can never have enough bits of board and what have you for getting clean backgrounds. Good effort though and all the details are there

Thank you for the nice words and agree on bg being a right pain, I know deep down by the end of the 52 I will have learned a lot :)

A very nice clean sharp image David and definitely in good Order. Quite an array of kit you have there David (the 10-18 looks out of place .... it would be better at mine ha ha).

Thanks Carl, I love the 10-18mm so it`s MINE :p:D

Order, on them and I like B&W.

For me, with these types, symmetry is very important and really adds to the photograph.

Good start.

Cheers,

Off to a nice start Dave :)
As already mentioned finding backgrounds can be a pita.
Also they are a little cramped and slanting, but as I said above, nice start

Off to a nice start Dave :)
As already mentioned finding backgrounds can be a pita.
Also they are a little cramped and slanting, but as I said above, nice start

Thank you Cobra, I am hoping to get better as the 52 really gets going, plus all points are noted in my mind :)

Hi Dave, an excellent idea, those lenses look great, but as said it needs neatening up. It's handy to get some large-ish pieces of card, definitely a black and a white, and often other colours are handy too. I know others pick up offcuts of wallpaper or tiles, they're all handy to fish out for backgrounds.
You can always try it another way and post it here on your thread, no need to wait for a reshoot.

You're doing really well and your enthusiasm is brilliant :clap:

Hi Dave, an excellent idea, those lenses look great, but as said it needs neatening up. It's handy to get some large-ish pieces of card, definitely a black and a white, and often other colours are handy too. I know others pick up offcuts of wallpaper or tiles, they're all handy to fish out for backgrounds.
You can always try it another way and post it here on your thread, no need to wait for a reshoot.

You're doing really well and your enthusiasm is brilliant :clap:

Thank you Susie for the kind words, I think I might well try and sort out a nice bg for future use :)

Hi David

love the windmill against that sky, not so sure about the BG used for your lenses! Order of colour is cheerful abstracty, but we have an unwritten (or is it written) rule that when posting more than one shot post them together if you can.

I like your second order shot - lots of colour and as David said a bit abstract - I might have preferred the post on the left vertical rather than the one on the right. Do you have any software that might have allowed you to correct the perspective?

Hi David

love the windmill against that sky, not so sure about the BG used for your lenses! Order of colour is cheerful abstracty, but we have an unwritten (or is it written) rule that when posting more than one shot post them together if you can.

Thank you dood, I thought it was only one entery in the main thread :)

I like your second order shot - lots of colour and as David said a bit abstract - I might have preferred the post on the left vertical rather than the one on the right. Do you have any software that might have allowed you to correct the perspective?

Thank you for the kind words Emja :)

I thought it was only one entery in the main thread :)
Indeed, its actually un written but was "decided by general consensus " last year, or was it the year before :thinking:

Nice orderly colours David :)

I thought you done quite well with the lens shot. I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions and comments by the end of this project. In additions to what others, say odd number seems to make more impact in a photo.

Colour of Order; I quite like that, colourful and well lit. I don't you don't mind but try to spend more time and think about the composition when you look through the viewfinder.

I was in the same boat when I started and learned a lot during my first 52 due to comments and suggestions from other knowledgeable toggers.

I thought you done quite well with the lens shot. I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions and comments by the end of this project. In additions to what others, say odd number seems to make more impact in a photo.

Colour of Order; I quite like that, colourful and well lit. I don't you don't mind but try to spend more time and think about the composition when you look through the viewfinder.

I was in the same boat when I started and learned a lot during my first 52 due to comments and suggestions from other knowledgeable toggers.

Thank you Stan, I am taking ALL the points in and will try my best to use them for when I take more shots, Thank you again (y)

Your lenses were a good choice, I might have got a bit particular on alignment with the lettering and lenses caps etc. Have another go at them with the tips given and see what you come up with.

Your lenses were a good choice, I might have got a bit particular on alignment with the lettering and lenses caps etc. Have another go at them with the tips given and see what you come up with.

Thank you Chris, think I will have another go, but leave the 50mm out :)

Hi Dave,
Shots set up indoors can be problematical.
As Allan says, thinking about how you can adjust the layout and background would help to improve the shot.
As you say, it's a starting point for your 52, and a good way to improve.

I prefer the second shot you've posted, for the bright colours.
You've got the right hand vertical vertical, but then angle and perspective push the left hand vertical out.
A few seconds in photoshop (other editors also exist) using the transform tool would let you pull the top left corner out a bit, straightening the verticals in the image. It's something I find I sometimes need to do to my images.

The furry background and the slightly messy arrangement of the lenses doesn't work for me. But I like your more abstract colour shot.

Second shot works much better, I had the same idea at first for the lenses but changed my mind.

The furry background and the slightly messy arrangement of the lenses doesn't work for me. But I like your more abstract colour shot.
Thank you, think I like the colour one more :)

Second shot works much better, I had the same idea at first for the lenses but changed my mind.
Thank you Foggy, shame I rushed the lens shot and did not think first.

Week 1 and you have 2 images the one with the lenses is a good idea, but when viewed on flickr my eye is drawn straight away to what looks like a couple of dust spots, and I find that a bit distracting and its a bit tight in the frame for my liking sorry :(. Your second image however I do like its got nice bright bold colours so works better for me.

Maybe it's my screen but the second seems a bit dull. I also favour brighter images, though this may just phase I am going through. Otherwise I do really like the framing and minimalistic approach. Nice.

Week 1 and you have 2 images the one with the lenses is a good idea, but when viewed on flickr my eye is drawn straight away to what looks like a couple of dust spots, and I find that a bit distracting and its a bit tight in the frame for my liking sorry :(. Your second image however I do like its got nice bright bold colours so works better for me.
Thank you Mandy for the kind and good feedback :)

Maybe it's my screen but the second seems a bit dull. I also favour brighter images, though this may just phase I am going through. Otherwise I do really like the framing and minimalistic approach. Nice.
Thank you too Dom for the words :)

I like the idea of the lenses, as others have said, with a little bit more preparation it could have been a great shot. This project is a great way to learn and increase your ideas. Good luck with the rest of the project.

I can't add any more than has been said already Dave. For backgrounds I bought a couple of cheap bed sheets. One black and one white to start with. I've now got a couple of each and lots of coloured A3 cards. Don't worry though, just get what you need each week. Also think about outdoor locations for still life too depending on the subject. If you want to see what you can do with a couple of black sheets check out my Pose picture on my flickr. It's just 2 black sheets and natural window light.

I like the idea of the lenses, as others have said, with a little bit more preparation it could have been a great shot. This project is a great way to learn and increase your ideas. Good luck with the rest of the project.
Thank you for the feedback, I am looking forward to learning as I go on in the 52 :)

I can't add any more than has been said already Dave. For backgrounds I bought a couple of cheap bed sheets. One black and one white to start with. I've now got a couple of each and lots of coloured A3 cards. Don't worry though, just get what you need each week. Also think about outdoor locations for still life too depending on the subject. If you want to see what you can do with a couple of black sheets check out my Pose picture on my flickr. It's just 2 black sheets and natural window light.

Thank you for the nice words, just had a look at Pose, and really do like it :)

Back