weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Thank you for all your lovely comments. There have been some fantastic photos from everyone for this weeks theme, so thank you for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate it.

Horizontal - I like the light on the water
Vast - great cloud formations fantastic shot.

2 nice interpretations Debbie I particularly like the moss covered rock :)

Two nicely taken images Debbie. Like your interpretations, especially Rough which I think is well thought out and beautifully composed.:clap:

Hi Debbie

Rough - Excellent alternative take on the shot, well done on being non obvious. Tight crop works and I like the way you've got the cup and writing in focus but on a slightly different plane (presumably die to the angle you've taken the shot from).

Covered - Well done being first off the block for this week's shot. Of course it does mean you have far too many hours until the snake hand enters the bag of doom again ;)
Nice complimentary greens and greys.

Rough - clever take on the theme
Covered - great for the theme, I like the colours

Rough draft is a good idea.

and covered too ... lush colours. (y)

Thank you for the encouraging comments, and yes Tim tis a long time until the snake hand reveals week 19. I did come across another shot i could have used, serves me right for being so quick off the mark, but i shall leave that for another week, hopefully i can squeeze it in.

Certainly are Colourful. - in dress and as well as in character I would think. Nicely spotted and taken. Good response to the theme. :clap:

Oh yes they were certainly colourful in character, especially as the very hot afternoon wore on. The dancing took place in a pub carpark and those flowers did need watering, a lot. Cheers.

Hi Debbie

Rough draft - well composed and shot. It could probably stand a touch more exposure if you wanted to get that white paper whiter, but well done and definitely on theme (y)

Covered - similarly good, albeit a completely different style. Nice light falling on the moss and again, well captured.

Colourful certainly is - good catch of the moment, although my only crit here would be the main guy's hand cutting across the other person's face behind him. It makes the scene more complex than it needs to be - to me, anyway. (Scene complexity is usually a less desirable thing, in my experience!)

I did wonder about the hand in front of the face, i have another shot with the hand not raised but the face on the right was in shadow and seemed more distracting. Thank you for your comments, much appreciated.

Hi Debbie

Sorry missed your thread for a few weeks!

Rough - great take and different on the theme love the DOF and the inclusion of the Red mug adds a splash of colour.

Covered - Really like the textures of the Moss and DOF

Colourful - Great capture love the fact the guy is just taking a drink from his tankard

Hi Debbie .... nice find, nicely focused with OOF BG. The light's a bit harsh, but we shouldn't complain when we get a bit of sunshine. :)

Hi Debbie. Wish the image was a bit larger to view properly but like the darkened alley approach to the brighter main street at the end. Are those footprints along the path? Like all the various little details and points of interest in the shot.

Hi Carl. Having trouble resizing for page. Hope the edited version above is better. Yes they are wet footprints running down to the harbourside.

Hi Carl. Having trouble resizing for page. Hope the edited version above is better. Yes they are wet footprints running down to the harbourside.
I wondered about those footprints - they create a storyline to the image ... even better. :clap:

Thank you Carl, just think what i could do with that photo if i could use my Affinity Photo properly. Oh well its a learning curve, a long one.:rolleyes:

Difficult shooting conditions, I didn't realise it was water until I read the comment about the harbour. Good idea for the theme, like the wet footprints

I thought that must be a river or something when I first looked.
Good use of leading lines and graduated shadow to move the eye through the image.
Some of the water is blown out (at least on my screen).
If we didn't knoww what the subject of the shot was (entrance) I think we'd be a little puzzled as to what the focus of the shot was supposed to be (The sign, the water, the people or the buildings across the harbour?)

Hi Debbie great find for Entrance works really well love the foot prints pulling you in to the image

Back