weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

Hi DK, you sick sick man, that's really very good no crit from me just a well earned :clap:
Wow - Thanks Allan :)

Wonderful :) love it DK
Cheers Jon :)

and hopefully a willing model or was it all for real ?

:D
Well... funny you should say that... when I first set it up and had only £34.99 as the figure I suddenly had the feeling I best leave her tied up for a loooooog while :D

I like your old, nice contrast of colours and interesting player. All your metal pictures are just fantastic and great at retaining colour. My favourite is "thing". Really sticks out of the dunes and is a nice sharp landscape image. A lot of work going in making this latest scene! Really creative idea with clear links to the theme, nice use of black and white

I like your old, nice contrast of colours and interesting player.
Thank you Oscar :)

All your metal pictures are just fantastic and great at retaining colour. My favourite is "thing". Really sticks out of the dunes and is a nice sharp landscape image
. Thank you again, that shot sure seems to be getting the most votes :)

A lot of work going in making this latest scene! Really creative idea with clear links to the theme, nice use of black and white
It did take a good bit of time yes, and I enjoyed doing it... thank you for your kind comments (y)

Hi Dean

Good choice for old....nice angle.

Metal....gotta be the second for me, the patina of the rust just edges it.

Captive. Bang on...though the rope and knot seems a little...flimsy ;) for the job.

Nicely set up and good attention to detail, my only slight crit is would it have helped to move the newspaper on the floor into the brighter area but that is a very minor thing. I think it is a really good photo for the theme

Great idea and like the fact it's in black and white helps add to the capture. (y)
Thank you Nigel :)

Hi Dean

Good choice for old....nice angle.
Thanks Ruth :)

Metal....gotta be the second for me, the patina of the rust just edges it.
Nice word 'Patina' :D

Captive. Bang on...though the rope and knot seems a little...flimsy ;) for the job.
HaHaaa , I think Mrs DK disagreed :LOL:

Nicely set up and good attention to detail, my only slight crit is would it have helped to move the newspaper on the floor into the brighter area but that is a very minor thing. I think it is a really good photo for the theme
Thank you Chris :)

I agree about the paper, on editing I wish I had more on the floor... well I did but another sheet that was on it got cropped out to help bring the hands into the top third line :)

I see Mrs DK got 50 shades of grey for Christmas then :D

Nicely staged and taken Dean (y)

I did ask the wife to do this for me and I got a big NO loll

Awesome picture I love the blacks adds to the theme and I like how you have left the newspapers on the floor super shot.

Yes a super shot DK, definitely enhanced by the choice of B&W. I like the composition too ....spot on for the theme :clap:

Well done to Mrs DK too :)
Thank you Susie - and thanks from Mrs DK too :)

I see Mrs DK got 50 shades of grey for Christmas then :D
Had to reenact it every night too :LOL:

Nicely staged and taken Dean (y)
Cheers Chris :)

I did ask the wife to do this for me and I got a big NO loll
Had to be worth trying :D

Awesome picture I love the blacks adds to the theme and I like how you have left the newspapers on the floor super shot.
Thank you Michael :)

Great picture. Set up perfectly and the editing adds to the effect. Really liked the newspapers on the floor, it's those sort of touches that I would not think about but that adds to the overall story of the image.

Hi DK, great idea for the theme, like the staging and also the lighting is fantastic. Brill

Hi Dean
Nice start to 2016....
Old...... I like that Nice slow start eh 78 RPM:) but no half a crown taped to the stylus???? (No! a Penny was when the stylus was good, you needed 2/6 when it got bad);) Really sharp DOF there and the colours contrast very nicely.
Metal.... No1 I think The bright red mystery object draws the eye nicely, and some movement in the feathery grasses, quite like No2 for the textures, and No3 find the seal distracting as I keep trying to resolve focus on the seal:rolleyes: rather than the lump of metal in the foreground. So No1 it is!
Captive .... Bang on Love this, to me the lighting is spot on, its a cracking shot that has a real feeling about it and I think the B&W intensifies that mood.... did you untie Mrs DK to cook your Tea:)

Just brilliant - idea, details & lighting work perfectly.
Ooo Thank you Emma :)

This is an exta ordinary effort DK. The planning, arrangement and execution are top notch and this really is one to be proud of - no neg crit at all from me. The b&w + vignette finishes it off well.
Wow... Thanks Jason :cool:

Hi DK, great idea for the theme, like the staging and also the lighting is fantastic. Brill
Cheers Lee :)

Its a tough life :D
:LOL:

Nicely staged and well captured. Love the randsom note and overall moodiness of the shot.
Thank you Marcel :)

Hi Dean
Nice start to 2016....
Thanks Steve :)
Old...... I like that Nice slow start eh 78 RPM:) but no half a crown taped to the stylus???? (No! a Penny was when the stylus was good, you needed 2/6 when it got bad);)
OMG... what a great idea :LOL:
Really sharp DOF there and the colours contrast very nicely.
:)
Metal.... No1 I think The bright red mystery object draws the eye nicely, and some movement in the feathery grasses, quite like No2 for the textures, and No3 find the seal distracting as I keep trying to resolve focus on the seal:rolleyes: rather than the lump of metal in the foreground. So No1 it is!
Thank you Steve, that third one really didn't work AT ALL :LOL:
Captive .... Bang on Love this, to me the lighting is spot on, its a cracking shot that has a real feeling about it and I think the B&W intensifies that mood.... did you untie Mrs DK to cook your Tea:)
Why of course :D

Thank you for the big catch up - appreciated :)
How our families suffer :)
Suffer !!! - they should be paying US to be part of our imagery genius :wacky:

Like it. Nice attention to detail. I might like a gritty B&W conversion.

Cheers and I had a similar idea.....that I'll be doing :)
Thanks mate, looking forward to seeing yours (y)

DK...
I was expecting that from Andy, Allan or perhaps @Phil Bennett, but not you.
Great image, works well :)
Ha Haaaa - Thank you :D

Brilliant DK - great idea and very artistic bit of scene setting. Composition and lighting is excellent - great sense of drama. Only suggestion is that the ransom could have been higher ha ha

I like the way you have set the scene and the black and white works really well - great.

Last edited:
I like captive, extra effort with the note. Great whole scene.

Loving Captive Dean and no smutty comments from me :ROFLMAO: but I thought them all the same :naughty:

I wanted to do this to MrB but he would have enjoyed it too much :angelic:

Great idea and I love all the extra little details which keep you looking around the frame :clap:

Love all the props in the image. adds impact. B & W works well. Lighting is good as far as I can see, just enough to provide some menace to the image.

Great take on the theme I like the props and attention to detail, glad you changed the amount

Love your Captive shot! Really nice with the high contrast mono, I got the incomplete note immediately so I think you got that bang on. I think the slightly wider than expected image shape somehow makes you feel like your actually there. Great shot! :clap:

Hello Dean nice to see your here, I trust that everything is all well in your world, cracking start to your challenge. Looking forward to following it as always, and seeing what you come up with.
Hi Mandy, I'm good thanks :)

Brilliant DK - great idea and very artistic bit of scene setting. Composition and lighting is excellent - great sense of drama. Only suggestion is that the ransom could have been higher ha ha
Cool - Cheers Carl :)

Excellent DK

Top idea, POV and lighting. :clap:
Thank you David :)

Excellent idea and brilliant execution... Although the knot seems to be a bit too loose to be true :D
Thank you Nora... Mrs DK didn't think so :LOL:

I like the way you have set the scene and the black and white works really well - great.
Thank you Liz :)

I think the B&W worked much better too :)

I like captive, extra effort with the note. Great whole scene.
Thank you Robj :)

Loving Captive Dean and no smutty comments from me :ROFLMAO: but I thought them all the same :naughty:
How does that NOT surprise me :LOL:... thanks Jill :)

I wanted to do this to MrB but he would have enjoyed it too much :angelic:
I Bet :D

[quoteGreat idea and I love all the extra little details which keep you looking around the frame :clap:[/QUOTE]Thank you again Jill :)

Love all the props in the image. adds impact. B & W works well. Lighting is good as far as I can see, just enough to provide some menace to the image.
Thank you too Mandy :)

Great take on the theme I like the props and attention to detail, glad you changed the amount
I thought I better :D - Thank you :)

Love your Captive shot! Really nice with the high contrast mono, I got the incomplete note immediately so I think you got that bang on. I think the slightly wider than expected image shape somehow makes you feel like your actually there. Great shot! :clap:
Cool - Thank you Mark :cool: :)

And onto this weeks'...

Well, I went to the TP 'Nutters Meet' at Whipsnade zoo yesterday, had a fabulous day with a great bunch of guys as usual, I will again thanks @Cobra for organising yet again !!! - anyway, to my point, I wanted to get a shot on the day for this weeks theme, BUT alas a Crowbar/let alone a shoehorn would be needed to get one of the shots to fit, so today I had a quick hunt around and came up with this... It's not as successful as I had hoped, as the sleet/ice does not show as much as I had thought it would, but hey, it fits the theme again so box ticked :)

Wk 3 - a 'Miniature' mushroom nestled in the grass

Wk 3 - Miniature by TP DK, on Flickr

great colours. I have to confess I love the ice crystals and droplets on the grass as much a the mushroom.

Back