weekly Donna's 52 weekly challenge

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first time for a 52 challenge - and love that the themes are given to give me a focus on taking a weekly photo and to try new skills

Looking forward to seeing all the great pictures and support

week 1 - Bliss
week 2
week 3
week 4
week 5
week 6
week 7
week 8
week 9
week 10

Love the colours in this, nicely shot, I would rotate slightly though so that the liquid in the glass is level.

Last edited:
Thanks John, wasn't sure if the photo was uploaded correctly. Does it not need to go on Flickr then, as I just inserted this file?
I did try rotating to get the liquid level but the glass was then not level and looked odd - the plate wasn't perfectly flat, hence the liquid and glass being at odds with each other.
Really appreciate the critique

mmm, hubby has just eaten the main prop, but will take on board your comments, thanks o_O
The only solution is for me to drink the remaining props :)

Again like the image… I think it may have been better just without the glass at all and a nice red plate on the tray with maybe a paper napkin say in an alternative green colour?

Great Start though! hope my Bliss shot will be as good… will get round to it later this week

Hi Donna & welcome to the 52 challenge :wave:

I like that image...festive , nice bokeh & good focus (y) As said , just need a slight cw rotation to be spot on

ps....I can't get the link from the pic only thread to work:(

Nice start Donna and good luck with your 52 challenge this year

Nicely composed/spotted and well taken image, Donna. Really good...

Christmas light bokeh in the background is a very nice touch, although not sure of the white balance on that tiny glass of milk ;)

Very accomplished shot with great lighting, reflections etc to boot!

Christmas light bokeh in the background is a very nice touch, although not sure of the white balance on that tiny glass of milk ;)

It's a lovely "product" shot for Christmas, but like Paul said, the milk doesn't look very... milky... Is it a Baileys? That said, it stands out as a really strong composition with bold colours and lovely detail on the mince pie... Nom nom nom...

Nice image, lovely subjects, just my diabetes would be screaming at me if I ate and drank them.

Good start Donna

Phil

Hi, bliss could benefit from a little more light but the red and general warmth of the pic does come through
fragile is a nice shot certainly looks fragile , nice white BG with just a hint of shadow
a good start (y)

Thanks, really appreciating the critique from everyone. The whole reason for the 52 challenge is for me to be more diverse and improve

Hi Donna playing catch up with the feedback....
Bliss.... Love the bokeh really nice, lots of discussion on your wonky glass, of course it could just be a wonky glass, I have a cupboard full! You could either put some blue tack under it, or just drink it! I prefer the second solution in fact if you drink enough of them you won't even notice it's wonky ;). Sorted! I like the whole colour scheme, lovely tones of red, creamy whites, gives a really nice Christmassy feel to the whole thing, nice detail in the mince pie. I like it. Btw you could do with a bit more mincemeat in the pies and I find dusting them with icing sugar looks nicer;).

Fragile.... Damn! I had thought of something very similar .... Now I'm struggling:confused:. Plan b!
Really like the fine vanes and the decaying fragments of leaf. I can't quite see ( on this iPad) how sharp it is... I think it's less sharp as you run towards the top of the leaf which is probably a depth of field point. Quite like the slight shadow below the leaf just discernible in places. I'd love to have a play with lighting on something like this to see what you can do with the shadow.... Love the idea works great with the subject this week, well done nice work.:facepalm:

Really like the Fragile image, a great idea for a photo and very well taken. The hint of a shadow adds to it, giving it a grounding and I like that the depth of field slowly slips away.
Great work.

Fragile, well thought out. Lovely delicate detail, I might have liked a little more, though. Is that a shadow at the underside of the lower part of the leaf?

Cheers.

Hi Donna,

Bliss is a very festive shot. It reminds me of bliss in the sense it would be bliss to still be on my Christmas break from work :)

I love the fragile image. It looks incredibly fagile to the point it might break if I look at it for too long! Excellent idea :)

Welcome Donna ... like all the redness and the bokeh in BLISS .... and that leaf looks so FRAGILE it's near transparent. (y)

Hi
Bliss
Its Christmas again! comes round quicker each year :) lovely shot, colours, detail and bokeh

Hi Donna, love your fragile shot - it works very well and is definitely bang on theme. I'd personally prefer a slightly less white background: the colour you have bottom left would be perfect all over for me, but that's just me :) All in all, it's well executed. (y)

I live on the Jurassic coast in Dorset, so the majority of my pictures are Swanage Bay, Kimmeridge or Corfe Castle. I wanted to try something different to my usual sea or castle scenes, hence this one for 'scenic'
View attachment 28827

Hi!

Nice work so far, my idea of bliss also! Like the addition of the lights, a little bit more bokeh would have been nice one them but I know it can be tricky to do.

Nice fragile shot, truly on theme. Good detail and background.

Oh I like that. (y)

Not sure about the funny little tree .... but if it's there it's there.

Back