weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to comment

Allan Spin is a class using what is basically an exercise bike where the instructor tells you how many turns to put on. It usually involves a mixture of standing and seated sprints and hills.

It's not as mad as it sounds well not unless you do it twice a week straight after an hour of circuit training :eek:

Like the subtlety where Effort is proved by results rather than directly witnessed ... if you know what I mean. Excellent composition. (Just been hearing all about spin classes ... much too energetic for me).

Personal- sorry missed it earlier nice array of certificates well done you on the achievements

Last edited:
Hello Mark

Artificial - edible props, winner for an idea.

Personal - seems to be a difficult theme, liking the framing of the certificates.

Effort is a really good take on the theme, look like you gave it your all.

Great idea.

Just one thing ... I think I'd rather see the phone at diagonals to the lines on the table.

Hi Mark - I'm not sure if I'm suffering from vertigo or something but looking at that photo sends my stomach all over the place... it must be the OOF/blur! On theme and well captured - looking forward to technology next...

Ha Ha Thanks Paul I had a great idea for Technology but I couldn't find the prop!

Well that's certainly on theme for Effort Mark, I like the composition, it works well ....I didn't know what 'spin' was either so thanks for the explanation, it sounds exhausting!

Thanks Susie it is a little tiring!

Like the subtlety where Effort is proved by results rather than directly witnessed ... if you know what I mean. Excellent composition. (Just been hearing all about spin classes ... much too energetic for me).

Thanks Carl I do sometimes wonder why I do it!

That would have worked well for technology, too Mark. The dof works really well.

Thanks Emma I did think of using it for Technology but felt it worked better for Effort

Effort A clever idea and really does show your effort. well captured

Thanks Minx

Hi Mark :)

Technology - Liking your idea, but the dark line on the wood bottom LH is a bit distracting, other than that it's a nice background, and I like the angle you have chosen and DoF on the heart rate, modern technology indeed :)

Thanks Dean

Hello Mark

Artificial - edible props, winner for an idea.

Personal - seems to be a difficult theme, liking the framing of the certificates.

Effort is a really good take on the theme, look like you gave it your all.

Thanks for al your comments Lee

Great idea.

Just one thing ... I think I'd rather see the phone at diagonals to the lines on the table.

Thanks David I never thought of trying it on a Diagonal I will give it a go at some point

Blimey, that's some seriously shallow DoF there at f/4, good use of the longer lens to achieve it :)
Very clean image too at ISO 900.

Thanks Tim the 24-102 F4 is a lovely lens quite underrated IMO

Time to move on to Technology

TECHNOLOGY by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I can you all thinking how is this Technology and old A series engine well in its time it was revolutionary as Sir Alec Issigionis mounted Transversely to give more room for the passengers most modern cars now follow this. But this is a later A Series (1999 to be precise) and has injection added to it so that the technology bit anyway I'm off to find my shoehorn

Horizontal

HORIZONTAL2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr[

url=https://flic.kr/p/G1Dzci]
26261601531_1dd0b93d21_c.jpg
[/url]HORIZOTAL1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

HORIZONTAL3 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Hi Mark. Definitely Technology, quite innovative for it's time. Nicely lit to provide all that detail. Horizontal3 works best for me because both eth camera and car are shown fully and the DoF is more effective too. Nice choices. :clap:

Nice one for technology, I had a couple of Minis when I were a lad but not as nice as yours!

First level shot for me it picks out the level on the camera well, good idea nicely captured

Nice one for technology, I had a couple of Minis when I were a lad but not as nice as yours!

First level shot for me it picks out the level on the camera well, good idea nicely captured

Plenty of technology crammed under that little bonnet! Shame to loose the rotor arm! Good shot with nice detail! Like the fitst horizontal shot too - the horizontal line in the screen makes it spot on theme!

Technology - Good choice for the theme
Horizontal - I missed the title and thought these were more technology shots. I like the 1st one best and the use of the camera level guide is clever

No shoehorn needed for Technology Mark, really handy that it has those bright red bits to add a splash of colour, it works well for the topic.

I really like the idea for Horizontal ....I've looked at them all on Flickr and it's definitely number two for me, the only distraction is the white bits ....did you wash your car before taking the shot?

Hi Mark. Definitely Technology, quite innovative for it's time. Nicely lit to provide all that detail. Horizontal3 works best for me because both eth camera and car are shown fully and the DoF is more effective too. Nice choices. :clap:

Thanks Carl

Thanks Chris it's my second Min in fact I still own the first and you can just see my first one under the grey cover in the BG

Is that spark plugs, and distributor i see, nice take,
My first thought for horizontal, well taken works well

Thanks Walter yes spark plugs and a distributor and an ECU too

Plenty of technology crammed under that little bonnet! Shame to loose the rotor arm! Good shot with nice detail! Like the fitst horizontal shot too - the horizontal line in the screen makes it spot on theme!

Thanks Richard it amazes me when I open the bonnet how much they've fitted under there. My long term goal is to fit a supercharger!!

Technology - Good choice for the theme
Horizontal - I missed the title and thought these were more technology shots. I like the 1st one best and the use of the camera level guide is clever

Thanks Minx

No shoehorn needed for Technology Mark, really handy that it has those bright red bits to add a splash of colour, it works well for the topic.

I really like the idea for Horizontal ....I've looked at them all on Flickr and it's definitely number two for me, the only distraction is the white bits ....did you wash your car before taking the shot?

Thanks Susie yes the red adds a splash of colour to go with the other bling!!

Yes I had just washed him (yes he has a name how sad is that!!) ready to polish him up ready for the show season (still haven't polished him!!)

Technology, its amazing the way the Mini's have moved on from their humble beginnings isn't it?
Nice clean engine too :D

Horizontal, clever idea, I'm going for #1 and are there any prizes for spotting the fact that the bubble is not dead centre? :D

Nice one Mark !!!

Tough choice... I'm liking the 3 of them, but the first one steals it just, for the fact you can see more of the real car AND a good image of it on the screen too, although to be really fussy I would of liked no chunk of wall/fence, maybe a road or open field, that is personal choice, great idea for the theme anyway, really like it (y)

Hi Mark

Technology - I haven't a clue with cars really, but I do like that shot. I find it interesting rather than a super artistic photo if I'm honest, but that's ok - because I still want to look at it for quite a long time :)

Horizontal is excellent - all three are technically good shots and make good pictures. Hard to pick between them! (y)

:agree: Technology ... "interesting"

Horizontal ... more like it ... preferring #1 not sure why.

:D

Hi Mark, your Mini has come in handy for these two themes :) I like the image and the explanation for the Technology shot, which works perfectly for the theme and shows lots of details of that lovely old engine. The bright red details provide some good colour contrast, too.

Great idea for Horizontal, too. It's hard to choose between #1 and #2 but on balance I think the first works best as you get the clearest view of the car itself and its image on the back screen. Nice work! :clap:

Hi technology certainly fits the the theme but I know nothing about engines but it says technology to me, to many people get hung up on the latest tech
horizontal works well I think the second one for me

Week 16 Vast

Taken at Sandy Bay (Devon Cliffs) Holiday Park, It's one of Havens bigger parks in fact its vast and hilly and the view is looking out over the English Channel.

VAST by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Week 17 Rough

Spotted this while in Brixham visiting the Pirate Festival I was hoping for some Rough seas while I was away but no such luck.

Anyway when I saw this I thought it fitted the bill not sure I would want to be going anywhere on this boat!

ROUGH by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Week 18 Covered

2 from me this week some may think this is a shoehorn

Anyway during the winter the classic Minis stay in the garage covered up so seamed like a good image for Covered ahead of uncovering them ahead of the start of the show season this weekend

COVERED by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

COVERED1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Well that's me caught up after a week away in South Devon now to try and catchup on commenting on everyoneelses images!

Vast - the rail and the headland in the distance really give it sense of scale.

Rough - looks pretty rough but could perhaps do with the cabin roof on the left cropping out?

Second covered shot for me, I think seeing some details adds to the idea that the rest is covered.

Hi Mark,

Vast - Not the most scenic of views (the caravans) but I absolutely love the sky and it's range between blue with fluffy clouds to ominous grey clouds.
I've a sneaking suspicion that I've stayed at that caravan site.

Rough - The boat is a little tatty isn't it.
I had to zoom in to see that the chap was angle grinding the side. I think I would have gone with a tight crop / much closer zoom (if possible) to make that the subject.

Covered - Not a shoe horn, it fits the theme well. I prefer the second of the two, with your mini poking out from under the cover.
Just enough OoF to the background to ensure that the focus is on the mini, stopping your eye wandering.
not so sure on your choice of Minilites though, they look far too wide.

Nice triple catch up, Mark, and I'm glad you managed to shoe horn in the Mini too (y)

Rough - I think a closer crop would assist as I'd love much closer detail of the rusty hulk, although that boat is in a real poor rusty state I must agree it aint going anywhere :D

Covered - Hmmmmmm tough choice, quite a fussy background, shame the DoF wasn't a tad shallower, but both on theme, and for me the second shot with the 'flirty' reveal does it for me :D - nice idea :)

Vast - the rail and the headland in the distance really give it sense of scale.

Rough - looks pretty rough but could perhaps do with the cabin roof on the left cropping out?

Second covered shot for me, I think seeing some details adds to the idea that the rest is covered.

Thanks Chris I've just had a look at cropping the image for Rough I will post the edited version a minute.

You've captured a nice sky on vast. I like your second covered shot with the mini just peeping out...it's looking forward to the warmer weather, too ;)

Thanks Emma yes he's looking forward to hitting the open road again (might even get the covers of tonight and go to the pub!)

Hi Mark,

Vast - Not the most scenic of views (the caravans) but I absolutely love the sky and it's range between blue with fluffy clouds to ominous grey clouds.
I've a sneaking suspicion that I've stayed at that caravan site.

Rough - The boat is a little tatty isn't it.
I had to zoom in to see that the chap was angle grinding the side. I think I would have gone with a tight crop / much closer zoom (if possible) to make that the subject.

Covered - Not a shoe horn, it fits the theme well. I prefer the second of the two, with your mini poking out from under the cover.
Just enough OoF to the background to ensure that the focus is on the mini, stopping your eye wandering.
not so sure on your choice of Minilites though, they look far too wide.

Thanks Tim

For Vast I completely agree the caravans aren't very scenic what I really wanted was an view form much higher up showing the scale of the site and the sea!

For rough I only had my Fuji Xpro1 and 18-55 lens but I have just cropped the image a bit and will post it shortly

The minilites on the mini are 13 x 7 it originally had 13 x 6 wheels but the looked to narrow under the arches but I do prefer 10 x 4.5 wheels on my other mini (under the grey cover at the back of the garage).

Nice triple catch up, Mark, and I'm glad you managed to shoe horn in the Mini too (y)

Thanks Cobra yes I am getting better with these shoe horns off to the first show of the year on Sunday so will await this weeks them s and see if there's is a shoe horn to be had:LOL:

Rough - I think a closer crop would assist as I'd love much closer detail of the rusty hulk, although that boat is in a real poor rusty state I must agree it aint going anywhere :D

Covered - Hmmmmmm tough choice, quite a fussy background, shame the DoF wasn't a tad shallower, but both on theme, and for me the second shot with the 'flirty' reveal does it for me :D - nice idea :)

Thanks DK I agree about busy background for my covered shots I did shoot at F1.8 to try and throw it out of focus but it didn't work!

Back