weekly Elaine's 52 for 2016 - Urban added

LOL your poor teddy's Elaine :D
As said it does look too "good" to be abandoned, but nice eye contact with your subject :)

A picture that tells a story - used and discarded. Such pathos, such sadness. I sit here with the back of my hand held against my forehead is sad contemplation (sniff) (sob). Nicely set up Elaine - good one for the theme. :clap:

Thanks for the comments. A couple of people suggested he looked too well cared for to be abandoned, so I gave it a go with a mono conversion and (possibly too much) use of the dodge and burn tools on his seams to give him more of a worn look, but somehow I prefer the original colour version.

21bjgk6.jpg

I prefer the original colour version.
TBH even with the conversion, his fur looks too shiny, to be old. Try ripping an arm off, and pulling out an eye ?

( Just joking :D )

I actually prefer the B&W version, but as Cobra said, he looks to shiny, he can't really pull the abandoned look off ;)

Hi Elaine

Nice variation on the abandoned teddy theme, including bin-bags(y)

I agree it lacks grittiness but not sure the B&W treatment is the answer. :thinking:

Nice idea Elaine but the teddy looks in too good condition to be abandoned. Like the inclusion of the rubbish bags and the background to convey the theme.

Exactly - wants to be a sad & dog-eared looking specimen!

I really like the mono conversion Elaine. Keeps my eye on the subject much more than the colour version does.

Hey Elaine. I like the image but the PP just isn't sitting right for me. I like both colour and b&w, but maybe somewhere in between is optimum? Desaturate the colour perhaps?

Well, I had a try at desaturating the colour down to -54, but his fur still looks shiny and I'm not going to kick him around the garden or pull bits off him, so time to move on I think

Week 6 - Camouflage

This wooden toucan usually lives in a plantpot on my kitchen windowsill where he stands out really well against the green leaves, so I thought I'd move him somewhere he'd blend in a little bit better for the theme.

wara6h.jpg

Great bit of colour coordination Elaine - spot on for camouflage. Looks almost like it could be his natural habitat.:clap:

Wow....those colours match perfectly!!
Very nicely done.

Lovely matched colours Elaine, that works (y)

Hey Elaine :)

Abandoned - Much preferring the colour shot myself, nicely composed shot with the inclusion of the bags, wheelie bin and a nice bit of ivy to add context... like it (y)

Camouflage - Appears a bit dark/under exposed to me, but a great selection for the theme with very well matched colours :)

Hi Elaine. I prefer the first shot for abandoned. Yes he's in good nick, but that just portrays that he fell out of a pram and there is a screaming toddler somewhere looking for his lost teddy.
Camouflage - Super colour matching. That's the best camo I've seen so far looking through the shots.

Hi Elaine. Great camoflage photo, he's looking right at home there. If it's slightly dark that just fits in with the idea that he's hiding.

Week 7 - Danger(ous)

The stable block at the hall in my local park is currently under restoration thanks to a lottery grant, so I went out with the idea of getting some shots of the building works and warning signs. I got a bit carried away though and found a couple of other subjects that I thought fitted in, so I've got 4 different submissions for this week.

7298jd.jpg

1zvzp6w.jpg

#3 - A grey heron lurking by one of the ponds. Extremely dangerous if you happen to be a fish!
30a5ovr.jpg

#4 - I just thought this was an interesting-looking fungus, but when I searched for tree fungi in google images, it turns out it's an alder bracket, which is absolutely fatal if you're an alder tree!
2zims08.jpg

Second of your construction shots for me Elaine. Simple and bang on theme.
That fungus does look fascinating...rather like an arborial oyster!

Strangely, I prefer the first of the two construction (demolition) shots with all the points of interest keeping the eye occupied and I really didn't know what to make of the fungi until I read your note but my fave of all has to be the heron which although maybe a tad of a shoehorn, is beautifully taken. :clap:

The construction site photos are good for the theme but I love your heron, great take on the theme, well captured, the bright eye and sharp beak just say danger.

I also like the bracket fungus, again a really good idea and so subtle.

Building site is the one for me, Elaine although the other two, are subtly dangerous (y)

Abandoned - nicely set up shot with the bin bags, certainly tells a story of being abandoned.
Camouflage - perfect camouflage, the colours work so well.
Danger - The first building one for me, lots of detail and context for the shot.

Back