weekly Elaine's 52 for 2016 - Urban added

Thanks for the comments. Confession time! In the second shot I was focussing on the mum's tail because that's where the duckling was playing around her. When she decided it was time for a swim, there was a split second when there was a small gap between them as he scurried after her and that was the only full side-on shot I got of him, but for the sake of a better composition and to fit the theme better I decided to "move" him to her front end. So that's the reason the focus looks a bit strange :oops: :$

Week 19 - Colourful
Another duck (different kind this week!) and a flower.

2z6yrtc.jpg

29b0a3o.jpg

Two great images for Colourful Elaine

I absolutely love the Duck the reflection is superb.

The Tulip is lovely and bright lovely DOF

The duck for me, great sharpness, very colourful, and I like the very clear reflection

Ooo what a stunning looking duck thing... presuming it is a duck, wonderful colours and reflection Elaine :)
Thanks Dean. It's a male mandarin duck.

Wow - that duck is certainly colourful! Love the reflection - it might have worked well with a less tight crop, too?
Thanks Emma. Unfortunately there was a tree sticking out of the water just in front of it and so I took the easy way out, cropping rather than cloning :oops: :$

Week 20 - Entry/Entrance

It was the annual duck race in the park this weekend (what, more ducks?) so I popped along to have a look. Some of the races feature giant ducks sponsored and decorated by local businesses and they are all put on show before the races so that the punters can pick their favourite entries. These were my two favourites. DJ Duck must have had a very restricted view with those shades and I don't think he made it past the first bend in the stream, but Daisy Duck very sensibly placed hers on top of her head and won her race :clap:

Entry #1
2mpbcsg.jpg

Entry #2
3495emg.jpg

Hi Elaine

2 lovely colourful images for Entrance and a different take on the theme. I like them both and can not choose a favourite.

Hi Elaine. DJ looks a real cool dude ... I mean duck, in those shades. Those duck races are so much fun aren't they. Nice fun take on the theme #1 for me.

Ducks and more ducks. The Colourful one is most unusual standing out so well against the BG. And the Imagine FM one looks cool (in the harsh light). :D

Hi Elaine

Well colourful certainly is! I prefer the duck and it's well captured. Really good with the addition of a strong reflection. Nice one!

I prefer the second one for entry as the lighting is a bit less distracting. It looks slightly soft though - might be the hosting though?

Covered - The first is a better picture but I like the second more even though its a bit fuzzy.
Colourful - Both great Pictures but the Mandarin Duck is my favorite, great reflection.
Entry - 2 fun pictures I like the 1st one better of the two. I have helped at a duck race although they were not decorated at all, My club
were in boats and responsible for catching the ducks at the end of the race.

Hello Elaine

Rough - such a good image lol
Covered - prefer the first, more inline with the theme for me.
Colourful - The duck for me, cool reflection.
Entrance - clever thinking. The first is the best for me.

Thanks for all the replies. @minx the brook where our duck race is held is shallow enough to wade in, so the local Scouts group get roped in for the task of catching them each year :)

Week 21 - Size

I was very tempted to go and grab some more duckling shots for this one, but I decided that enough was enough! So I eventually came up with 3 different sizes of bears - and of course you can't have 3 bears without some mention of porridge (even if it is an afterthought added in pp) :p

It was shot using only natural light, because I was a bit nervous about the very pale background, but I think I should have maybe experimented a bit because it all looks a bit soft - softer than teddy bears are supposed to be that is!

o8fce9.jpg

Hi Elaine. Like the subject choice and composition, including the porridge pic. All looks fine to me except maybe for a slight magenta cast ....... but then that could easily be my monitor.

Hi Elaine lovely image for Size love the 3 bears and the sign love the catch lights in the bigger bears eyes

Very nice Elaine, love the ( not so) subtle addition of the porridge too :)

Hmmm ... not sure daddy bear photographs too well. But the other two look dead cute. :)

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Elaine. Like the subject choice and composition, including the porridge pic. All looks fine to me except maybe for a slight magenta cast ....... but then that could easily be my monitor.
No Carl, that's me over-compensating for the Apple White wall behind the sofa :(

Week 22 Forgotten

These stocks are in a corner of the courtyard in the park - mono conversion, then a touch of added sepia tint. I'm happier with the skulls than the hands - best I could find in Google images :oops: :$

287lv2d.jpg

Ha ha ha - poor old things ... shortly to be replaced by Cameron & Corbyn or Johnson & Gove. Lovely fun image Elaine, like the shoppery and the sepia process. (y)

Size - a nice Family group I like the wall art, fun picture.
Forgotten - a fun composition great idea

Back