Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

Lovely shot, plenty of action in there and great for the theme. I think the use of DoF is just right too, isolating the birds was the right thing IMHO.

Broken - finally found something! The chap who owns the tree stopped to ask why i was photographing, which led to an interesting conversation!

Broken (1 of 1).jpg

Wild - Nicely captured

Broken - I really like that the Mono conversion works really well. I like how the tree fills the frame.

Well framed and nice mono conversion. When doing long exposures at the coast I often get asked if there is some rare bird out there.. :)

Ability - Test cricket debutant Kyle Jamieson steaming in to bowl at Virat Kohli, today in Wellington, NZ, Day 1 of the 1st Test Match. He took 3 wickets in the first two sessions on debut, that's ability :) Handheld with a 24-105mm in the stands. Magic! p.s nowhere near as fuzzy when not reduced to fit the 500kb size!

Ability (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
My favourite game and a great capture of the bowler on his delivery stride. Was lucky enough to be at Lords in 86 when another Kiwi bowler with some talent (Hadlee) took England apart! Would of liked to of seen this image on Flickr to see it nice and sharp.

Winter is tricky here in the early Autumn of New Zealand, however this stark scene of a fallen tree washed out by a glacial flow to rest on the shoreline near Haast, looked sufficiently bleak to fit tht brief. Winter is coming...

winter v2 (1 of 1).jpg

Michael

Nice range of tones in your B&W image for Winter, low clould in the background adds to the wintery feel.

Pete

That's certainly a nice bleak image Michael.
It fits the theme perfectly.

Broken - good find, looks good in b/w
Ability - good timing you have managed to capture some action.
Winter - That does look Wintery well processed

ability - nice sports shot, well captured!

winter - it's a great landscape photo, moody and wintery!

Summer on Mirror Lake (Book title) - i had a struggle with inspiration on this one taking pictures of black sheep, grey scale landscapes, etc., but it turns out there is a book with mirror lake in the title, and it was summery :)

Book (1 of 1).jpg

Great reflections well thought out Michael

Nice reflection - I like to balance mine so the exposures match!

Liking both the winter and book shots, nice reflections :)

End of the line - Transport and Technique (High Key). Never tried this technique before so don't know if this is what is intended. Made me think! These abandoned tram cars were off the road leading out to the end of the Otago Peninsula just out from Dunedin, South Island, NZ:

end of the line (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
What an excellent find, good image.

Back