Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

Narrow - good use of a narrow space
Paper - nicely folded plane and well lit.

Hope you are all fully recovered now.

Narrow
Now that is a narrow shed, I can understand why it had to be made to measure.

Paper
I remember the days as a kid, that making paper aeroplanes and challenging my brother's to who had the best, was the highlight of a Sunday afternoon.

would love to have done something 'camera obscura' like but not allowed to travel far enough to explore one, so this'll have to do, the suprisingly worn and grubby camera from the back of a relatively new tablet. Similar looking to the stereo one i did a few months ago:

Tablet camera (1 of 1).JPG

Eye see it! Nicely done - needs a clean :)

Frosted leaves on the ground this morning just before they were lit by the rising sun:

Leaves 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Like this shot such a wintery feel to it.

Camera
Phone, tablet camera lenses really do take a bit bashing.

Leaves
Nice frosty morning, I like the subtle, pastel colours in the fallen leaves. I feel a closer shot may have worked a little better.

Bubbles and cloud reflections, that works Michael (y)

Well if that wasn't a crazy old year! Not much to speak of in terms of content, however i'm proud of this one, handheld on the Otawi Falls trail, Arthur's Pass, South Island, NZ, taken on the 1st of March when the world was just starting to realise what lay ahead. I was torn between this image and the best bird pic i took in 2020 on New Year's day as it happens, This i think has broader appeal though, who knows! :)

Otawi Falls (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
Showcase - Nice use of leading lines to take you to the next ridge.
Turn it B&W, dodge and burn it a little and we can call you Ansel. ;)
Abstract - Not an easy subject, but I think that works.
Leaves - Not sure we've had frost yet here. Nicely captured and madness getting up early enough to get it !!!

Last edited:
Abstract
I'm not sure it would work without the bubbles. As it is, it's a good shot.

Showcase
It's a lovely landscape.

My wife decorated a Bakewell she'd baked for our neighbours for Christmas. Looking forward to 2021 may it be a lot less s***e!

My wifeDecorate 52 (1 of 1).JPG

A nice take on the theme Michael (y)
It looks good enough to eat :D

Back