weekly Gerryrys's 2014 52 Thread

Name
Gerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope I'm not too late. Never done anything like this before so am a bit nervous. Still trying to work out how to create the links and upload things. :oops: :$

Well, here goes. Week one. :confused:

I didn't realise how difficult it would be to photograph a fallen, long dead tree in the middle of a poorly lit wood! I did consider doing I in mono but now I quite like the colour version. :)

I can't work out why. I am picking up the link to the image from Flickr and pasting it in the message but it doesnt seem to want to work. How aboth this way

Last edited:
Hi, Gerry, where are your photographs hosted? Flickr?

If so, you need to copy and paste the BB code.

Also put one on the no comments thread here linky

Any questions, just ask (y)

Cheers.

Right this is the BB code (I think). I am being really thick today.

Week 1 Lines
by gerryrys, on Flickr

That simple. DOH!!

Nice lines and lovely greens. I'd like to see a lower perspective to try and separate from the BG.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers.

Thanks, but the front of the lens hood was about an inch above the subject. Perhaps foolishly I chose a bough that wasn't straight. :)

Strong lines and lovely contrast between the moss coloured branch and the autumn leaves. Good start!

Good start Gerry :)

I'm guessing, what looks like a low sun, makes the greens stand out well (y)

Week 2 - Play

Thanks for your kind comments and apologies for my absence. We have been without t'interweb for most of the week.

Two offerings this week. Couldn't make my mind up!

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/56981981@N08/11929492403/player/4989827441" height="333" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/56981981@N08/11908311764/player/4a0337ce55" height="333" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Gerry, and welcome aboard!

Line - a really nice interpretation of the theme, with the rustic lines and the lovely strong colours and contrast between the green and the browns. Well seen.
Play - I'm a sucker for this type of image and was hoping to get something similar myself. They're both good, but if I had to choose I'd probably plump for Play II because of the cheeky expression and those splashes of lovely muddy water!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your images (y)

Last edited:
Really nice - love the way the "stick" adds a splash of colour - I think #2 wins it for me

Hi Gerry

Love the green tones in the Lines shot , quite unusual shot as well......works for me though greater separation from the leaves would add a little more to it :)

Play#2 for me ,looks much more natural bounding toward you , lovely sharp focus , great splashes of water & good DOF....fab looking fella as well...top shot mister :clap:

#2 is my favourite. You've caught the action really well here and he's looking towards you. Looks a lively chap!

Back