Greengo's 52 in 2015 -Noise Added

Hi Colin, Support: works for the theme good shot. Religion: Now we're talking! I really like this, colours are nice, DOF is great just a great image for Religion :)

Arghhhhhh... Been working nights since Friday and didnt want to run out of time. Seen this before and never really paid much attention to it... This was taken with my iPhone camera as I didnt want to look too silly getting out my 50D at a supermarket lol...

My take on GEOMETRIC...

View attachment 44814

Very interesting and novel for the geo theme - great idea - great choice with b&w for this one.

Hi Colin, I know what you mean, I can feel very self conscious wielding a camera about. Anyhow iphone \ 50d doesn't matter, it's a great find and fits bang on the theme, another idea I wish I had. As Carl said great choice for b&w. Maybe rotate so the wheels are horizontal?

I can't add much that hasn't already been said. Well spotted subject matter and good choice of processing style. Bravo.

.. as above ... Well spotted and a cleaver take on the theme.

As have been working this week I decided to use a photograph of my young nephew who was kitted out for his first communion earlier this year. Really FASHIONable... Used a wide angle lens for this one and got as low as possible to allow for the deep feeling in the shot.
Great pose too... lol

Fashion.jpg

Hi Colin,
Use of the wide angle lens was a good choice and the low angle gives a great perspective! Love the pose :)

Hi Colin. Ha ha - the expression somehow seems to fit perfectly with the environment. Varied lighting conditions and yet nicely captured to retain those lovely rich tones.:clap:

This looks like it came straight out of a Sunday paper supplement. Fantastic shot, I love it. (y)

And again to bring me up to date... Next to my wife the most SPECIAL things in my life are my kids... Here they are enjoying a night out with us recently actively engaging in conversation at the table... NOT! o_O
Sorry about the quality but as said earlier I have been reduced to iPhone pics due to work etc...

Special.jpg

Hi Colin.
Chilled - Nicely on subject, good use of D0F and the rule of 3 for composition. Slightly spolit by the blown highlight next to the glass, but it works well none the less.
Special - Well done for keeping up even if work is getting in your way. I think the B&W treatment suits the grainyness (is that even a word) of the shot.
I know exactly what you mean about kids and conversation lol.

Tim

Hi Colin ...nowt wrong with iPhone :) they can be really handy for a quick take to capture a moment. Your beer looks icy cold, well captured for the theme.

There's nothing as Special as family ...spot on for the theme and a lovely natural shot, I like the fact they're not posing. It's a way of life now isn't it ....I must admit I don't go far without my phone.

Despair... I wanted to show someone in despair with paying multiple bills... I wanted it dark & moody... this didnt really turn out the way I wanted it to but I want to stay on track so I hope you can catch my drift with the theme...

Bills.jpg

Hi Colin. A bit of a catch up on comments.
Chilled: That looks so inviting - can imagine my fingers imprinted on that lovely condensation.
Special: Know exactly what you mean with their phones. As Susie says, like it best for the natural take.
Despair: Spot on with the contributor to Despair ... aaaargh. Like the lighting and the near b&w quality of the image.

You're being too hard on yourself matey, I thing this would work in the background on the TV news if they were talking about rising debt or something? I find the light area to the left a bit off putting but overall it's pretty good and even though it's a silhouette it still gets the emotion across!

Noise... when I seen the theme title I immediately knew how I wanted to portray it... With the use of a record player and the grooves on a vinyl record that holds the "NOISE"... So here are my two efforts...

Noise.jpg

Noise 2.jpg

Hi Colin,

Nice idea and focus on the Heineken, shame about the light reflection. I like the natural nature of the kid engrossed. I think the BILLS BILLS on the screen adds to the humour. Needle in the groove hmmm lot of reflection and light in the wrong place, but must be a tricky one.

Hey Colin. You are certainly in the groove with Noise - #2 for me I think because of the added content. Nicely themed.

♪ Rock and Roll ain't noise polution ♫ ♪ etc...

Anyway - I can see the grooves!

I prefer the perspective of the second to the first, but maybe a slight CCW rotation would make it more comfortable? (with the head vertical edges upright IYSWIM) Your use of a shallow DOF goes well with the high contrast light in the shot but I think you could have focussed on the needle where it meets the record for a more logical meaning. I love the distorted shadows and bars of light. (y)

Back