Incy's 52 for 2018 Week 9 Abundance

Nice stark themed image - is it intentional that the bottom half is so dark? Is this a silhouette image as if so, it's very good

Nice stark themed image - is it intentional that the bottom half is so dark? Is this a silhouette image as if so, it's very good

Thank you, I took the picture just before 1pm today, the light wasn't all that good.. blue skies until I got there and then it clouded over and went very dull ... so decided to make it a silhouette in PS.

Great moody photo, nothing to criticise (y)

Nice shot for stark, very dramatic

Nice shot for stark, very dramatic

Thank you :)

This theme really does lend itself to mono shots, doesn't it.
Works well, your pp skills have got you a good image (but obviously you needed to imagine the shot first) (y)

I was intending to just go for a bleak looking scene with a solitary item, mainly a tree, and as I live near the Mendips (used to live on them) I know a few areas where you can get some pictures along those lines.
It wasn't until I got out there and realised just how dull the light had got that made me start to think of a mono shot. When I transferred the pictures I took to my laptop it made my mind up that mono was the way to go.

People - I like your unusual set up reminds my of climbing days out. fun take on the theme.

Stark - very bleak great silhouette I like it

As Stark tree shots go ... that's a nice one. (y)

I like that, but I do think yopu could lose a little of the foreground to babalnce the image a bit better.

Week 0 - 3 - #0 A little dark and the glass confused me as it looked like it was floating, realised the stem behind the mouse. #1 For a hand held shot at night did well, tripod would have helped. #2 Clever idea and nice detail. #3 Good PP and choice of monochrome. Waiting for Week 4 ....

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

I like that, but I do think yopu could lose a little of the foreground to babalnce the image a bit better.

Thank you, I did think about losing a bit of the foreground, will have a look at a crop when I get chance to fiddle :)

Stark

Looks good with the clouds and black foreground.

Stark - good conversion to silhouette, nice moody feel to the image, works very well.

Week 0 - 3 - #0 A little dark and the glass confused me as it looked like it was floating, realised the stem behind the mouse. #1 For a hand held shot at night did well, tripod would have helped. #2 Clever idea and nice detail. #3 Good PP and choice of monochrome. Waiting for Week 4 ....

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

#1 Definitely will use the tripod next time.

A real nice lone tree shot for Stark, I like that you got is silhouetted against them moody clouds... Nice composition too :)

Two super images since my last visit to your thread; People is an excellent idea and you arranged and captured them really well, while Stark is just that; very striking contrast and an ideal subject :clap:

Having been unable to take pictures or access the internet very well for a couple of weeks, these are a few catch up shots to get back up to date...

Over thought, over processed ... over.

Over by Incy R, on Flickr

I bought this tobacco tin over 20 years ago and use it every day (I pre roll smokes)

Aged by Incy R, on Flickr

Cooking food tonight so thought I would take a picture before I lost a finger or two.

Sharp by Incy R, on Flickr

All very good and all nicely on theme - I think the 'over' themed one is superb

Great catch-up!

Over doesn't work for me I'm afraid, but the other two are excellent shots!

All very good and all nicely on theme - I think the 'over' themed one is superb

Thank you, I wasn't sure about the 'over' one and did create the picture when the theme was live, but didn't post it as I was hoping to find something else.

Great catch-up!

Over doesn't work for me I'm afraid, but the other two are excellent shots!

I like the knife in the carrot .... but tighter crop for me.

I had loads of ideas for this week but nothing seemed to work out very well.
Bit of a last minute idea found while I was tidying up the spare room.

Guard by Incy R, on Flickr

Over - simple but yet effective and to the point.
Age(ing) - simple and fits the theme, but the image doesn't wow me.
Sharp - Ouch that knife looks very sharp, thats another box ticked.
Guard(ed) - fits the theme, but I am sure you could get a better composition.

Nice Shot for Guard. Great reflection. On theme. Nice one.

Over - simple but yet effective and to the point.
Age(ing) - simple and fits the theme, but the image doesn't wow me.
Sharp - Ouch that knife looks very sharp, thats another box ticked.
Guard(ed) - fits the theme, but I am sure you could get a better composition.

I do need to work a bit more on composition, I tend to rush things a bit.

Over - Not sure on this one to be honest, but it's always nice to try something different.
Aged - Plenty of patina on the old tin. Perhaps a little soft? (Or maybe a result of the high ISO used). I would have been tempted to use a tripod and long exposure to allow the use of the native ISO.
Sharp - Much sharper than the previous shot ;) Bang on theme, good use of angles and the deliberate tight crop.
Best of the catchup IMO.
Guard - Not sure I could ever find those bits of my clippers after they've been used once! Going mono was the right choice for this shot. :)

Guard

Image looks better on Flickr, but composition could be better

Pete

Over - Not sure on this one to be honest, but it's always nice to try something different.
Aged - Plenty of patina on the old tin. Perhaps a little soft? (Or maybe a result of the high ISO used). I would have been tempted to use a tripod and long exposure to allow the use of the native ISO.
Sharp - Much sharper than the previous shot ;) Bang on theme, good use of angles and the deliberate tight crop.
Best of the catchup IMO.
Guard - Not sure I could ever find those bits of my clippers after they've been used once! Going mono was the right choice for this shot. :)

I did rush the catch up shots, and as always with me, I seem to have better ideas at night.. I am unnaturally (for most) nocturnal.

Hmmm ... not sure mainly because I can't work out what it is. o_O

Back