Incy's 52 for 2018 Week 9 Abundance

Lol. Nice and thick and hits the brief

some good on theme shots since my last look in. I really like the clippers for guard, I thought it was a strange set at first then I realised it was a reflection.
the Sausages for thick are a good choice too.

Works for the theme.
I have to ask, is the colour quite right? It seems a bit warm (but obviously, I wasn't there so don't know).
Could I also suggest using a tripod and longer shutter so you can reduce the ISO and get right of the noise.

Good shot for thick, looks tasty!

Lol. Nice and thick and hits the brief

Thank you :)

some good on theme shots since my last look in. I really like the clippers for guard, I thought it was a strange set at first then I realised it was a reflection.
the Sausages for thick are a good choice too.

Works for the theme.
I have to ask, is the colour quite right? It seems a bit warm (but obviously, I wasn't there so don't know).
Could I also suggest using a tripod and longer shutter so you can reduce the ISO and get right of the noise.

I did knock some of the temperature down in PP, but it didn't seem to work out too well, tried the saturation but that made things worse, so I ended up leaving it as it was... .but it does seem to be a bit too yellow.
I really should use my tripod more.

Good shot for thick, looks tasty!

Thick - works for me, not sure I need the inclusion of the tape measure to see that its thick, image does look a bit noisy. I also echo Tim's comments about the image looking warm and about using the tripod more.

Thick

oooh eeerrr Mrs as Ken Dodd used to say.

As others have said, room for improvement.

Pete

Thick ... and the tape measure proves the point. (y)

Thick - works for me, not sure I need the inclusion of the tape measure to see that its thick, image does look a bit noisy. I also echo Tim's comments about the image looking warm and about using the tripod more.

When I took the sausage out of the bag I didn't think it looked all that thick, so measured it .... not sure why I left it in, but there we go.

Thick

oooh eeerrr Mrs as Ken Dodd used to say.

As others have said, room for improvement.

Pete

Thank you, yeah a few ares to think about.

Thick ... and the tape measure proves the point. (y)

I know we certainly have a drawer like that...
Nicely controlled exposure, it would have been easy to blow out some of the reflections badly, but this seems well controlled with just the right amount of contrast.

I know we certainly have a drawer like that...
Nicely controlled exposure, it would have been easy to blow out some of the reflections badly, but this seems well controlled with just the right amount of contrast.

Thank you... I did have to dull down the highlights a bit in PS.

Yup, we have one just like that! A large abundance of kitchen utensils that will more than likely never get used too, I bet - on theme

Yup, we have one just like that! A large abundance of kitchen utensils that will more than likely never get used too, I bet - on theme

These get used quite regularly, I like cooking which is why I have so much stuff to do it with ... :)

Same here but yours is even more organised. I like the straight-down angle shot and nicely lit too.

Abundance - I must be the odd one out none of my kitchen drawers look like that, but I kind of like this image. Good collection of utensils and tricky to photograph with all that shiny metal in the drawer, i think you have managed to get a good balance between the colours and the reflections.

Abundance - I must be the odd one out none of my kitchen drawers look like that, but I kind of like this image. Good collection of utensils and tricky to photograph with all that shiny metal in the drawer, i think you have managed to get a good balance between the colours and the reflections.

I used to be a bit more organised, but my ex also liked cooking, and he was much better at it than me .... so he 'rearranged' the drawers one day and this is how that one came to look..

I must be the odd one

You're not on your own Mandy :D I got trays to go in mine cos it did look like that and it drove me mad looking for stuff.

Nice image, I kind of like the disorganisedness (I know thats not a real word) of it. I like the pops of colour but it might work as a mono too :)

You're not on your own Mandy :D I got trays to go in mine cos it did look like that and it drove me mad looking for stuff.

Nice image, I kind of like the disorganisedness (I know thats not a real word) of it. I like the pops of colour but it might work as a mono too :)

I haven't tried it in mono, may give it a go ....
Although, I should catch up on the last two themes first...

Abundance - Yep we have a draw like that. perfect for the theme and well lit you have managed to not get glare off all that shiny metal

Well done with your catch up, having just completed one of my own :) The stand out images since my last visit are the tobacco tin, which is clearly well-used and conveys Age(d) very well, the shaver head and cover for Guard, which works well in B&W and the reflection is a good addition, and Abundance is an unusual idea and you've done well with exposing all that reflective metal. I agree that it probably would work well in mono, too (y)

Abundance - Who has been going through my drawers? Good that reflections not too excessive.

Mr-Incy

Interesting take on abundance, nice details and contrast, light is just right.

Pete

Abundance - Yep we have a draw like that. perfect for the theme and well lit you have managed to not get glare off all that shiny metal

Well done with your catch up, having just completed one of my own :) The stand out images since my last visit are the tobacco tin, which is clearly well-used and conveys Age(d) very well, the shaver head and cover for Guard, which works well in B&W and the reflection is a good addition, and Abundance is an unusual idea and you've done well with exposing all that reflective metal. I agree that it probably would work well in mono, too (y)

Abundance - Who has been going through my drawers? Good that reflections not too excessive.

Mr-Incy

Interesting take on abundance, nice details and contrast, light is just right.

Pete

I have had a pretty busy few weeks so haven't been able to mess around with the camera for a while ... I didn't realise how far behind I was :eek: .... Hoping to catch up soon ....

Back