weekly Jason's 52 in 2014 - SUPPORT Added - We've made it to the end together :-)

I quite like it Jason (y), you certainly have more pp skills than me.

I would have possibly left the plastic figure out and added a question mark to 'Close Encounters?' :)

Edit - plastic figure :rolleyes:,......... Buzz, cheers Graham :D

Thanks Phil for the comment.

I really like that and can appreciate the effort that's gone into it....

Photography? I say not. But as an image it certainly stands up. If all the images used were shot by yourself (this week), :naughty: then your case is certainly much stronger. :)

Nice work on the PP side of it, might have positioned Buzz a touch further right, to strengthen the source of the light falling on him, and shadow behind him.

Hi Graham. thought the same about placing buzz further right, and after much umming and ahhing settled on where it is :) I agree that all elements of the composite should be taken by yourself within the specified week - Thats part of the challange. Unfortunately due to time shortage this week the background is from the net and the only thing photographed by me is the buzz figure :(

I like it - well beyond my PP talents :)

Thanks Sarah....glad you like it

Nice take on the theme and a great picture. A little more light falling onto Buzz might have helped it.

Thanks Rich...comments taken on board (y)

I really like it...an excellent fun take on the theme, and I like it when imagination takes over and there is something completely different....I haven't much idea how you did it ...I assume its layering, but then I could be completely wrong :thinking:

Hi Susie.....thanks for the comments....Yup just layering and blending to make everything "fit" as best as possible. See below for further explanation.

I like this and nothing wrong with a bit/lot of PP

Cool....Thanks for the support Michael :)

Close: that's pretty cool. I like your take on the theme. When I first saw it on my phone I didn't realise it was Buzz LY, but that makes it even better. Nice Processing.
How'd you do it?

Hi Si. Thanks for the comments.

1. Background obtained from Stock library on the web due to time shortage. Pic was of a daytime scene so changed to nightime using this tutorial Linky
2. Took picture of Buzz myself. Placed flash off camera front left of Buzz to replicate the light falling onto him from the orb.
3. Cut buzz, copy and paste onto background night scene.
4. Add an adjustment layer to buzz layer to match colour of background (as per step one)
5. Add stars to the scene using this tutorial Linky
6. Add Orb light affect using Knoll light factory plug-in
7. Job done

Don't know how you did it, but it's very creative and impactful.

Thanks Mate....see above

Hi Jason, great piece of photoshoppery :D
Its on theme, creative, imaginative and well executed. Good work (y)

Thanks for the glowing compliment Iain....means alot (y)

Great effort. i know not everyone does but i like composites and images like this. They take a lot of time/effort and skill to be done well and look good. Well done.

Thanks Adam mate. Appreciate the comment

ha now I see why you did not give me any grief for mine ;)

It looks good , and looks like a lot of work went into it mate

Lol :) Thanks Craig.....

Hi Ya

for someone who wasn't feeling inspired this week that's a great image.......it's good to try out photoshoppery & it's something I'm going to do more of this year ( though I doubt it'll be up to this standard !)

Hahaaaa love that Buzz image for Close, very clever (y)

Thanks DK

Hi Ya

for someone who wasn't feeling inspired this week that's a great image.......it's good to try out photoshoppery & it's something I'm going to do more of this year ( though I doubt it'll be up to this standard !)

Thanks for the Comments Lynne......I too want to focus on photoshoppery where time allows......I am torn between this and taking 'normal pictures' as I understand people may believe this is a 'photograph (sooc) only' challange......

Am I wrong....Is Photoshoppery allowed? (y)

I too want to focus on photoshoppery where time allows......I am torn between this and taking 'normal pictures' as I understand people may believe this is a 'photograph (sooc) only' challange......

Am I wrong....Is Photoshoppery allowed? (y)

Abso-blimmin-lutley photoshoppery is allowed.... Your challenge, do what you like. Some of the most memorable shots (to me) from last years 52 were the results of (some level of) manipulation in PS. I was being slightly flippant when I said about taking all the shots yourself in the required week regards your Buzz one, but the challenge is a photography one, not necessarily a photograph one!

The lemons are great - bright, colourful, well lit, and have a real feel of falling through a fizzy liquid. And again, I appreciate the effort put into this.

Great take on the theme Jason (y), I'm certainly impressed with your photoshoppery skills :clap:, reminds me of an add for washing up liquid :)

I agree with others that the background is overpowering the bubbles and the lemons look a bit cut-out.

Kind of cool - but I think a blue bubbly background would have been better, the lemons kind of get lost *whispers* and the bright yellow hurts my eyes ;)

Hi as mentioned above very bright BG and the lemons look a little odd pasted on, but I do quite like it (y)

Thank you all above for your comments.....all comments noted and taken onboard. I have re-edited below to try and improve the points raised. Let me know if you think it looks better, worse, the same?

Thanks

#2 Edit to darken background a little. added motion blur to the lemon to add greater sence of movement. Darkend the edges around the lemons in an attempt to make them look less cut out

Well this one certainly catches the eye :cool: it is a bit bright, but a totally unique idea .... as Phil say it would make a great advert for something lemony :) I can't see much difference between the two pisc so couldn't choose ...but that is probably due to my untrained eye !

Hi Jason,
Bubble, that is bright but very impactive. I am with Peter on this, I could easily see this on a lemonade bottle (y)

Bubble - Colourful and cheery. I have to say though, to me the lemons look 'wrong' because of the difference in lighting (mainly the left hand lemon being so much darker than the other and the bubbles being so bright).

Hi ya

wow.....super summery bright colors, really pops off the screen....#1 for me ( the edited version is a tad to dark for me on the lemons) , original idea , well shot & pp'd :clap: If you could do the same thing with limes & oranges you'd have a great set of kitchen wall prints (y)

I like this Jason (y) I'm guessing the only lighting was from the candles? it shows the smoke very well. I think that having something other than just smoke in the image can make it more interesting :)

Reading through the posts this week, we weren't the only ones to struggle :D

That works really well Jason - the glow from the flame of the candles is spot on!

The gap between the smoke and the extinguished wick hints that it might be smoke and candles shot seperately and combined?? :thinking: If it is, it's a great job.

You're not the only one to struggle this week - there are going to be tough weeks, getting past them with some dignity intact is the aim. (y)

Hi, caught the smoke really well and it has something other than smoke in it, a very good effort

Hi Jason, good effort I say (y)
You've captured the smoke well, I like the ambient light just coming from the candles, its got lovely tones.
Small crit, I would like to have seen a little separation between the candle flames on the lefthand side but apart from that (y)

Super idea. I like the use of the unlit candle (hence the smoke) and the three lit ones. I was about to add the same crit as Iain regarding the two flames but that's a niggle and maybe difficult to do to keep the symmetry.

Doh...took me a while to get the smoke. I wondered why the smoke was so far left then saw the LH extinguished candle :)

Yup, like it. WB is a tad of, I did an edit and preferred whiter smoke. I think it could stand having black FG, as in the bottom section.

Good show.

Cheers.

... so many great piccies, no time for comments, but this one caught my eye,

in a word: beautiful.

Like Phil-D, I'm guessing the only lighting was from the candles??

Back