Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

First one for me, I like the perspective and how the lines all lead into the distance. It's a nice take on the power of mother nature on that tree (although it looks like it's been chainsawed) or perhaps how nature has reclaimed the tree.

Last edited:
My preference would be #3 too.. mother nature is all around us so I would say fits with the theme.

A nice low perspective on the 4x4 Kell.
But #1 log is the clear winner as far as I'm concerned.
It shows off a nice desolate beach (y)

Something about that second shot (the one in the main thread) - I feel like I'm there lying in the sand. I like the low viewpoint in all of these. Lovely reflections too.

I like no. 3 best, but I think you chose the right one for the main thread for the theme.

The driftwood in no. 1 is my favorite out of a good set of beach images.

Such a fab collection of shots in such a gorgeous place. I love the second shot and the contrast of the three colours in each third.

I like the first log shot and the B&W beach shot. Can't decide between the two.
If the beach shot was square, loosing some of the beach at the bottom (car on the bottom right 3rd) I think it would have squeaked in as the winner.

Two great shots for the theme, where in the world do they walk big cats?
Where we live they put a sign on the roundabout saying "No board games" instead of no ball games. So my daughter and her friends sat on the roundabout playing monopoly!

Hi Clive - This was at a place in South Africa called Tenikwa.

It was an incredible experience, which they no longer do - or at least they now do it without the leads and you sort of shadow the Cheetahs.

As they are a genuine rehabilitation centre, I think they were getting flack for allowing people to walk with them in this way. Mostly because a lot of places will let you sit with Tigers and Lions and pet them when they're cubs, but then they sell them to canned hunting lodges.

This place doesn't and didn't want to be thought of in that way, so have stopped doing the walks in this way.

We spent a full day there. And it was utterly, utterly amazing.

Two bang on theme images Kell.

"No Standing" for me, bang on for theme & tech.
I love the look on her face, it embodies "what are you going to do about it" :)
Not sure that you need the full height of the shot, I may have cropped a little below the beam as I'm not sure it adds anything.

Two nice shots. No1 is better for me.

I like the gritty, urban attitude in the first one. Must have been amazing to walk the big cat.

I like the gritty, urban attitude in the first one. Must have been amazing to walk the big cat.

It really was. We feel very lucky to have been able to do it at that time.

I've often thought that if I won the lottery, I'd love to be some sort of ranger or work with animals.

IMG_2130.JPG

MN: First one for me. Framing and detail are great.

Signs: Works well on theme and technique.

It really was. We feel very lucky to have been able to do it at that time.

I've often thought that if I won the lottery, I'd love to be some sort of ranger or work with animals.

Definitely. Some form of rescue or welfare/rehab would be amazing. At the moment I'm loving Honey Badgers! I knew they were fearless, but I didn't realise they were so intelligent:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI
:eek::D

Definitely. Some form of rescue or welfare/rehab would be amazing. At the moment I'm loving Honey Badgers! I knew they were fearless, but I didn't realise they were so intelligent:
:eek::D

They had a Honey Badger at Tenikwa. Funnily enough, we didn't go in with it. The rangers were saying that it would happily take on a Lion.

A couple of good shots there. I think I prefer the girl standing under the sign.

Last edited:
Nice bracelet Kell, but I'm going with the 1st "colour image" nice use of DoF

Lock No1 for me too ;)

More iPhone shots for me this week.

Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away last Wednesday and we were down in Devon with my mother-in-law to sort some things out.

In many ways, it was perfect timing as they'd sold their old house (where they lived when I first met my wife) and downsized to somewhere brand new.

He went in to hospital on the day of the move and never came out again - so he never got to see their new place,

I say it's ideal timing as it means there aren't too many painful memories every time you go around a corner. So it's very strange to find little odds and sods dotted around an entirely new house, that still say 'Baz' without him ever being there.

Like this little knick-knack my wife bought for him some 30-odd years ago.

The first one is my favourite one for a number of reasons. He wasn't that tall - and worried about it his entire life - so the low angle gives this figurine a stature that goes some way to reflecting his larger-than-life personality. And it's not too cluttered. I love that in an immaculately clean house, it still has 30 years of accumulated grease in the folds of the chef's jacket.

And it's funny because he was old enough to have done National Service where he worked as a cook and always said that he made "eggs for 500 in the army".

IMG_7192-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_7190-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_7191-Edit by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_7198-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I should think it's quite nice for you to be able to use that very personal item for your 52.

Condolences of course but that's a really quirky shot and take as well as a lovely story.

Back