Monthly Macs' 2013 ETC Thread - NOW WITHDRAWN...

are you going to do one of each?

you definitely should, they really are easy.

The middle one is quite hypnotising if you stare at it long enough *rubs eyes*. Lots of different patterns and shapes. Dots, herringbone patterns and lines...

I like it!

The top one suffers a bit from having the edges cut off, but having had a play around myself, I know it can be tough to get the arcs all caught in the frame.

Do we have more to come?

Ian.

I like the dotted effect, I thought it might have been a blinking light?

Hi Rich. Good start. For me, number one is a little too undefined, and number three has a little too much, but number two is lovely. Great colours, and a very nice pattern which works well with the layering.

I think the dotted effect comes from the way some LEDs are regulated, so that they flicker even though you can't see it with the naked eye.

Last edited:
Hey Rich, I agree with Mark about the physiograms. Number 2 is very nice, the dotted pattern gives it something extra. Look forward to seeing your night/city lights.

Hi, there physiograms...liking the symmetry but they seem over exposed?

The night shot is a cracker, good detail and the star burst really make a strong image.

Cheers.

Nice take on the theme for night lights and well executed. On the pitch next to the water logged one you can see the blur from the players. Nice shot.

Nice shot Rich, and good rationale. Great colours and star bursts :)

Your physiograms are very interesting, I found it quite hard to get mine central in the frame without accidentally incorporating furniture!

The football lights is amazing, I love the motion blurred players, and I think having movement in there really works, would be the same after closing time!

I don't know how you managed those orbs without breaking anything! Amazing

It's a shame you couldn't get the whole orb in the frame on the second image, I guess you were short for space. The mirror adds something different to the image, I've never seen that either. On to next month!

A very nice start to February's themes (y)

I've tried similar shots in the past but never had any success, sky too bright, or foreground too dark. Did you do any processing on this or did you just use an nd grad?

Hi Rich. As actual orbs, yours are good, but I think the photo's need more context to make them interesting.

Your contre jour shot is fantastic though; almost perfect! All I'd say is that it'd be nice with the sun just a touch less blown, but that's all.

Last edited:
Hi, your obs are very well formed just need some work on the focus.

Contre hour is a cracker. Really like the flare. Tad off the top, maybe.

Cheers.

Yep i have to agree with most comments here, orbs need a little work but good spins, and the Contre Jour is a cracker.

Nice and simple and it works. I find it difficult to take that kind of shot, well done!

Back