weekly Mandys TP 52 2017 Week 11 Dark Added

I agree with Susie just slightly crooked but a very rustic clock, I like clocks.

Roman numbers works well for the numeral theme ... I was going to do it - I know a building with the year it was built carved in stone in Roman numerals over the door - but got sidetracked.

I like that image Mandy, far better subject than the backup (Waterloo Station Clock) I image Image I took as t's far more interesting.
I don't mind the angle, though if you wanted to adjust it, it does seem to be a crop so there might have been scope in pp (or maybe not judging by your comments on the difficulty getting the shot) and Bristol isn't very car friendly either is it...

Agree with Steve, you got the shot in and that is good. I have rushed shots too just to get, so onto the next one :)

Lovely clock and nice brickwork Mandy but I feel it looks crooked, that might be due to your rushed shot, or it could be me o_O

I agree with Susie just slightly crooked but a very rustic clock, I like clocks.

That's a lovely old clock against the stone. I wish I had a pound for every time I've taken a shot without checking my settings :banghead:

Roman numbers works well for the numeral theme ... I was going to do it - I know a building with the year it was built carved in stone in Roman numerals over the door - but got sidetracked.

I like that image Mandy, far better subject than the backup (Waterloo Station Clock) I image Image I took as t's far more interesting.
I don't mind the angle, though if you wanted to adjust it, it does seem to be a crop so there might have been scope in pp (or maybe not judging by your comments on the difficulty getting the shot) and Bristol isn't very car friendly either is it...

Thanks all for the comments

Week 10 Attractive I went off out in my car today with my friend and we went to the Cotswold wildlife park for our first visit of the 2017 season. Weather stayed dry tho a bit chilly, and most of the animals were playing hide and seek with us. We had a good time despite it being a bit chilly, enjoyed a good lunch and I came away with another couple of souvenirs. When I got back home to look at my photos I had taken, I couldn't resit posting this for my " Attractive " image. I must get round to visiting peoples threads this week, but work has been hectic and I have my driving test on the 29th of March after the mess up in January.

Attractive Meerkat.

Attractive by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Who doesn't love a meerkat! Nicely composed, very sharp and nice DoF (y)

Like the numbers shot, black and gold works so well against that brickwork. Hope you popped in the Packhorse for a beer whilst in Bristol.
Really like the attractive shot, great detail, you caught that fierce intelligence in its eyes and I like the texture of whatever it is standing on. Great Shot.

stands out well from the BG even tho it is all the same colour.

Who doesn't love a meerkat! Nicely composed, very sharp and nice DoF (y)

A nice meerkat shot Mandy, but have to say shutter speed of 1/60 and aperture of f/14 ? It is a really good try but needed a faster SP :)

Like the numbers shot, black and gold works so well against that brickwork. Hope you popped in the Packhorse for a beer whilst in Bristol.
Really like the attractive shot, great detail, you caught that fierce intelligence in its eyes and I like the texture of whatever it is standing on. Great Shot.

Sounds like a great day out Mandy. You got some great texture in the fur, but as David said a higher shutter speed might have nailed the sharpness on the head too. Such wonderful characters to watch :)

Aweee sweet, my boy used to love these sooooo much :D

stands out well from the BG even tho it is all the same colour.

Meerkats are great, one of my kids favourites. Good detail in the fur and nice to have eye contact. Good luck with the driving test.

Very nice Mandy. Sharp, eye contact, oof background, well composed.
Oh, and cute.
:clap:

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Well it is time for a bit of a massive catch up from me with getting round to others threads, and a couple of themes for me to catch up on. I have been really busy with work, but my last day with Wickes was on the 25th of March. Then I had two days driving with my instructor on the 28th and 29th of March as my driving test was at 11.21 that day, but sadly I failed as I got a serious for traffic lights. Nerves got the better of me and i had the mother of all headaches, if I could of cancelled and got another date later on I would of done, in terms of minors I only got 3. So now i have to wait until the 8th of May as that was the earliest date I could get. In other news Im on holiday for 2 months now, so plenty of time to put into my photography amongst other things. I was going to go into tree surgery but the cost of everything I need is working out to expensive for me, so I am doing a forklift course instead, which will start in June.

Week 10 Theme Dark

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for this theme, then an idea came to me to do something with my Line 6 amp. Tho sadly it has not come out the way I wanted, But for now it is another box ticked,and it is one I may come back to on the next re-shoot.

Dark

Dark by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

My first visit since the first week, Mandy, so it's been a proper catch-up from me! My favourites so far are Hairy for the unusual subject and texture - I haven't seen those for ages and they always reminded me of cats' paws so a great choice- and the second image for Structure, which is well composed and interesting as it shows the whole long series of lock gates. You're doing well to keep up with all that you have going on at the moment, and good luck with the new course.

Dark, quite like this Mandy as just enough light on the subject, as you say another one ticked :)

I like the light on the dials but maybe a little to dark overall. Well done for getting back into it, sounds like you have a lot happening right now. Good luck with the forklift course.

My first visit since the first week, Mandy, so it's been a proper catch-up from me! My favourites so far are Hairy for the unusual subject and texture - I haven't seen those for ages and they always reminded me of cats' paws so a great choice- and the second image for Structure, which is well composed and interesting as it shows the whole long series of lock gates. You're doing well to keep up with all that you have going on at the moment, and good luck with the new course.

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Hi Mandy,

As Steve says, you've got the knobs highlighted which gives a focal point with the rest in darkness, so I think thsi works well for the theme. Be interested to see your vision for the shot when you re-shoot.

Back