weekly Manxmaid's 52 for 2016 - 52 Celebration added

52 - Celebration

I was hoping to finish off with a couple of the last themes just to get me back into the swing of things, but only managed one. The owners of this yacht did a great job of decorating it for Christmas and it seems a fitting image for the Celebrate/Celebration theme and to end my thread:

52 - Celebration
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Now onwards to 2017 and hopefully this time a full year of images!

Last edited:
That's a lovely bright boat, first time I have seen a festive lit one to that extent, cool reflection too :)

Thanks Dean, there were a few boats with lights on them this year but this was by far the most colourful and striking. I think the reflection is my favourite thing about it :)

That's a brilliant image for the theme Andrea nice one to finish you 52 challenge with too!

That's a brilliant image for the theme Andrea nice one to finish you 52 challenge with too!

Thank you, Mark. I wish there wasn't a massive gap in the middle of the 52, but I wanted to get back into the swing of it before starting this year's and this one seemed ideal to finish with :)

Hi Andrea.
I love the colourful reflections, that really does look a lot of fun.
I do hope that isn't 115/240/415v AC quite so close to the water though.

Thanks, Tim, it was a great sight. I must admit I hadn't thought about how they powered the lights and you're right - some of them look awfully close to the water!

Back