Minx 52 for 2020

Nice steps are they at a race course? I like the wrong horizontal works well.
They are the steps of the Handyside bridge. Which appeared in the Films "Elizabethen Express", "The The Thirty Nine Steps" and the "Harry Potter" series it used to be at Kings Cross but is now at the Mid Hants Railway.

Last edited:
Nice budgie Alison :)

Your Dutch angled handrail had me putting a ruler up to the screen - it's a properly trippy shot because the handrail is perfectly level, yet I have the optical illusion that it is lower at the lower end (if that makes any kind of sense...) Very nicely done and thought through.

And your silhouetted acorn is a fabulous shot - great sky and a great silhouette.

Tiny - 2 very nice images, it's the silhouette for me.
Free choice - lovely colourful image, those colours are very nice and wonderfully rich.

Tiny
I like the silhouette you've taken. The shapes of the leaves and Acorn standout nicely.

Choice
Very colourful, these people are very talented.

I really love the first one (Acorn), such creamy tones and the strong contrast of the silhouette. Catches my eye every time I scroll down the main thread!

Last edited:
Little acorns, a nice and simple image, less = more, great spot.
The Parrot is a great work of art out of a spray can.

Pete

Hi Ali,

Personal - Interesting idea, certainly works. The background is out of kilter though. Deliberate to place the lids where you wanted them?
Graceful - Definitely an inspired Swan shot. Very Ballet posed. Like that :) (y)

Graceful, nice posing swan, well timed, was it landing, taking off or just posing for you?
It was ballet dancing of course.... actually it was raised up Flapping is wings

Persian safety shows a pleasing lack of masks, hand sanitiser, etc. A nice picture of "normality" - or at least what I remember of normality...

Perfect timing for your swan! It's beautiful! Great timing, and probably patience and anticipation as well.

Same location for your static duck? Nicely posed [emoji2] And it's nice to see a sparrow so clear as well - well camouflaged birds, but very clear here.

But the pick has to be the artificial light on your textures - it can't be easy getting the light colours so clearly delineated - well done! It's a very effective abstract picture - I like it a lot.

Personal: I rather like the idea, though I would have straightened the back wall.
Graceful: Great timing and a beautiful subject.
Static: Looks good and I might have just cropped a bit off the bottom edge.
Camouflage. I really like this one.
Texture: l love this one. A clever use of the two coloured lights really brings out the textures and the shadows are effective too for showing up the pattern. (y)

Hi Alison

Sharp - I think the angle is wrong, as the needle point is going into the light part of the machine, I feel there would be more detail if the point was all in the black background.

Food - Nice Apple in the tree, it has good exposure and colour.

Activity - nice touch having a tog in the picture, I wonder who it may be.

Autumn - nice colours, no preference to the 2 shown.

Pete

Sharp: I'd have to agree with the comment above, in that if you'd have moved the angle of view down just a fraction you'd have got some nice separation on the needle - and maybe even try to include the whole foot mechanism as it seems a shame to chop the screw head in half on the left?. That said, it's a great idea for the theme and really nicely lit with perfect DoF.

Nice catch up Alison.

That needle looks viciously sharp, though I agree with the angle comments above.
I like Activity. It's a little bit different and intriguing.

Back