weekly mjmountain's 52's - Curves added

It took me a while to spot it, but yes he's cleaning his face :) He must have very sticky feet and you must have amazing eyesight!
Nice detail and composition.

36184880785_b3402e473b_c.jpg

DSC03208

Curves

Really like the contrast of the curves of the fan against the straight lines of the blind. Also the composition works really well for me with all that negative space.

Clean is a very good macro shot and a good, different take on the theme.
Love curves, the straight lines of of the blind really emphasise the curves of the fan, very well lit

Thanks again guys. Would love to say I put a lot of thought into it but it's the view from my desk at work. We always have the blinds down as the sun shines directly through our windows. I just liked the geometry and took a snap when my Helios lens arrived from eBay as a test pic. but really liked the results.

Hi MJMountain,

Firstly, welcome to the nut house :)

Clean - The horrible bug thing really does look like it's cleaning itself, well found and well taken.
Curves - Nice counterpoint of the curved blades and casing vs the straight lines of the blinds. B&W suits it. (y)

Hi, and welcome aboard! You're off to a great start with your first two images; the macro details in Clean are incredible and it's clear what's going on, and Curves is a super image full of contrasting light and shapes, with the lines of the blinds setting off the shape of the fan (y)

Back