Mozthecat TP52 2018 week 5,6 and 7 catchup

Good B&W treatment Jon. Like the way the sky is lighter behind the church tower. Looks a desolate place in that shot.:)

Week 3 - Stark - That works, monochrome suits the theme. One possible way to make it feel even colder (and starker) would to add a slight cold blue tint in PP.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week.

People - I quite like the cheerful sunniness you have given over the dreariness of the original.
Stark - The b/w suits the theme, I like the lighter sky around the tower

So following some car issues(new clutch going in this week), a brief work trip abroad, and a trip out that resulted in some dull and uninspiring images I came up with a much better subject a few days late - Over.

week 4 over
by Mozthecat on Talk Photography

Feels softer than I 100% like on the laptop and will undoubtedly look different again on the ipad...

Yup, that's well and truly 'over' - i'd have been there like a shot for the wood

Fit the theme, but perhaps there is a better shot in there?
A few feet to your left and you could probably have both obscured the cars in the background and not had the tree growing out of the top of your subject. (Mind you, I don't know what else that may have brought into the frame).

I like the idea, maybe a shallower dof would have helped to isolate the fallen tree.

Good idea, but I find the background a bit busy. Maybe you could have moved a bit (to the left or closer to the tree) and/or used a shallower DoF?

Good choice for the theme great subject, but I agree about the back ground.

Thank you for the comments all, I was using a 35mm fixed and moving to the left would have bought 4 more cars into view... I think DOF would have been the way to got to improve it.

Thanks for the comments, I went to steam in Swindon to catch up. Ageing is the remains of a curtain in the royal carriage.

Sharp is certainly something a bit different, intriguing too. :)

Out of the 3 catch up shots I prefer Guard, could have been a tad over to the right as you have cut the edge of the motor off.

Like the colours and details in the rest of the Image.

Pete

Hi Jon,

Aged - Certainly on theme :) I'm wondering if there isn't a better shot in there though, by perhaps focusing closely on a smaller part of the subject. Dunno though, perhaps you'd lose the context doing that...
Sharp - Like that. Having the pick axe as primary, rather than a part of a larger shot definitely works.
Guard - Well, I certainly agree with that notice after getting a piece of swarf, whilst angle grinding, in my eye and having to have it removed with tweezers at Moorfields.

Great catch up, Jon! The one that stands out for me is sharp, although I feel the crop is not ideal.

Nice catch up I particularly like your Sharp shot the light fits the style

Back