weekly Mr.Si's 52 Week Challenge - Final Photos Added

I can add no more great colours and well composed.
I would say my fav shot of this weeks round.:clap:

On theme, nice colours and interesting composition. Diffused light would have softened the shadows and perhaps lessens the hot spots.

Cheers.

Hi Simon

I've obviously missed something here....who is/are the "we" & " our" you mention ?....doesn't take much to confuse me !

Mineral...what are they ? Nicely laid out & positioned in the frame :)...maybe a little soft as others mentioned & ,not sure how , but diffusing the light a little may have lost the highlights ?

Ah, the we is my wife and I. She joined in on bubble week. It's nice to do it together. This one was all her as the ideas I had weren't able to be done.

Wow, are they all yours? I opresume you are awaiting a theme on 'cars' or some such, especially remote control ones.

Nothing bad to say about the photograph, it fits the theme well.

Thank you and yes they are (from about a decade ago and before lol) :)

I love RC Cars, I still have one but it's in the loft and the technology's moved on somewhat considerably since I used to race.

Hi, definitely a sense of achievement there
fits the topic, lighting looks good with all those shiny objects,a little too busy maybe would be my only crit

Well done, fits the theme well Simon, well lit, good bg (y) it could just do with a bit of cw rotation :)

Obviously you're a high achiever! Not sure I quite go with the medals pushing out of the frame. Perhaps needs a re-think on the composition as it is very busy.

Hi, good overall lighting and well composed with good detail.

If I were to be very critical. I'd say a tad close at the top, and although well composed, a few more moments would who've ironed out the odd angle.

Cheers and well done indeed :clap:

A good take on the theme and a very impressive collection - I think I'd probably have got down a bit lower.

Well on theme you've certainly achieved quite a lot there, I can imagine it was a nightmare to light though!

My friend used to do a lot of RC racing, he used to do the touring car nationals and something in europe as well?..

Well done mate (y)

Hi
Sense- well done on good job with all those shiny surfaces, though as has been said a bit 'busy'. Think I would have been tempted to just use the larger trophies?

Mineral - Lighting and sharpness is the main factor here. I like the boldness of the colours though

Sense - A bit closely cropped at the top but the lighting has been well handled and I like this as a take on the theme. Good thinking - and driving given the number of trophies.

Sense: Brialliant idea Si. photography talk aside now, you should be proud of these....too many people these days are couch potatoes and never have interests and hobbies outside of work. I always commend people who buck this trend as I strongly believe this keeps us 'young' and in good frame of mind.

Photography wise, you've done well with the lighting of a tricky subject and I dont feel its too busy. The wonky angel (to the left?) lets it down a touch :(

Here's my Ending shot :)

For the record, I thought of this on Friday night shortly after the theme had been announced. I had a few other ideas but since I'm in to model trains...

Ending1
by Mr_Si, on Flickr

Shame Andy had to do a train track shot first, but as he said - great minds!

Well that's three of us with buffers in their photos, glad I found a couple of alternatives too otherwise we'd accused of plagiarism.

I like the composition although that algular bit in the background is a bit distracting.

Hi, not really sure about the composition would like to see more of the train as it is it looks unbalanced to me

It conveys the theme but the composition as mentioned above needs a little tweak.

Works well Simon (y) Possibly a slightly different angle, another engine on the closer track but with focus on the far engine, would offer a little more interest :thinking: :)

Hi Simon

Definitely a collection to be proud of there , well lit ( must have been a a nightmare with all those reflective surfaces ):) Good black bg as well .
I do feel it's a little busy though , maybe just pick a few of them out ? & again , it may be the angle you shot at but it appears to be listing to the left a little ?

Ending , yup , on theme but lacking a little something....context or surrounds ?

Back