Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk:6 Waiting

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice cold shots - lovely dof - the first wins it for me.

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in with the rest of the crowd here. First image is definitely better. well worth looking at it on flickr. Can see he details of the ice better.

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Well done, Dominic, they are really striking images and you'd never know they were 'rushed'. I like the contrast of the autumnal browns with the crisp white of the ice, and the restricted DOF works in your favour to bring the eye straight to the frosty fingers. The first is my choice but they are both excellent :clap:

OP
OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk:6 Waiting

So i've made this into a triptych, it's all about the first photo, but it doesn't work without the other two (it would just look like a portrait of my dog).
I hope you all get it. This took some doing, not the feeding treats to Ruby (that's easy), but when you're on your own, it means holding the camera in one hand, whilst laying on the floor, throwing treats with the other hand at the same time as trying to focus and looking through the view finder.

untitled-435-Edit-2.jpg
by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

OP
OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
I know it is not easy at all to take images like you have with Ruby tried it with Susie and gave up. To me you have totally nailed it, and with Ruby being black too it must of made it harder.
Thanks Dave
Beautiful image, lighting well balanced, question is did she catch it?
Yes she did, it's a rare day that she doesn't catch a treat :)

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Great image for waiting Dominic! You're right, I don't think it would work as well without the other two images even though I can still understand the first one for the theme, the other two just make it work better!