Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

love it as I said on another it always makes me think spring is coming to see the 1st greens coming through.

Hi Dominic

I agree the dry shot is better. I like the the motion in the drops but not at the expense of the texture and colour of the soil. Maybe if there had been some reflections in the water.

I'd have cropped it tighter but then again I'd crop everything tighter!

Good luck with keeping up.

Nick

Excellent interpretation of the theme.
Great use of the punchy green colour.
I think you made the right choice with the first image, though both are great however.
The textures in the compost are terrific, and are somewhat lost in the second image...though I do like the captured droplets!
(y)

1st shot for me too Dominic, just looks a lot better agree about a tighter crop and maybe lower down.

Excellent interpretation of the theme.
Great use of the punchy green colour.
I think you made the right choice with the first image, though both are great however.
The textures in the compost are terrific, and are somewhat lost in the second image...though I do like the captured droplets!
(y)

Hi Dominic

I agree the dry shot is better. I like the the motion in the drops but not at the expense of the texture and colour of the soil. Maybe if there had been some reflections in the water.

I'd have cropped it tighter but then again I'd crop everything tighter!

Good luck with keeping up.

Nick

love it as I said on another it always makes me think spring is coming to see the 1st greens coming through.

Thanks all
I would have gone a bit lower down, but i had the camera on a tripod and couldn't get it any lower without changing the centre column for a shorter one (which I didn't have with me), also I had nowhere else to stand the beans on other than the floor.
I like to use a tripod for this sort of thing, as it means my composition stays the same when trying out different apertures or shutter speeds etc, but this does mean I sometimes forget about changing the composition. Oh well I'll just need to slow down and think a bit more (n)

Gosh you are early sowing seeds. I assume you are 'down south' somewhere and don't expect snow and frost?? Or are broad beans as hard as nails? And I liked the first one best.

I prefer the dry shot. Nicely on theme with the new shoots - who knows if you get to use them again later in the 52 weeks for another subject, as they grow

Always good th see new growth of plants especially at this time of the year. Some good detail in the compost. Prefer the first image. I like how you’ve caught the water spray in the second image though.

Hi Dominic, I agree with the majority of the comments so far; I love your idea and prefer the first one for the more saturated colours and texture in the compost, although I do like the captured water drops in the second. The subject is perfect for the theme and good luck in keeping up-to-date with your images and comments - that's my aim too this year :)

Hi Dominic, I'll just say welcome back as I agree with the comments that have already been made :D

Nice bit of motion there - just the right amount!

Yep, a good image for the theme. I like that we can't see the woman's face, as it draws attention to the brush.

Appreciate the point of the shot is about the act of cleaning, and that it was a deliberate choice to cut off the top half of the lady, but somehow I feel it would have been better if she was in it fully.

Appreciate the point of the shot is about the act of cleaning, and that it was a deliberate choice to cut off the top half of the lady, but somehow I feel it would have been better if she was in it fully.
I sort of agree with you. After looking at the photos on the computer, I wish I had taken a photo encompassing all of the the lady. Then I would have had the option to decide whether to crop or not.
This is where my photography falls down, I'm so intent on filling the frame with my main subject. It's probably why I like macro and close up, where the subject is meant to fill the frame.

I sort of agree with you. After looking at the photos on the computer, I wish I had taken a photo encompassing all of the the lady. Then I would have had the option to decide whether to crop or not.
This is where my photography falls down, I'm so intent on filling the frame with my main subject. It's probably why I like macro and close up, where the subject is meant to fill the frame.
That's the beauty of doing the 52, isn't it... Garnering other's views and then deciding whether you want to employ the ideas or not / based on whether it's the style . genre you want to try.
There are no wrongs or rights, but differing viewpoints :)
I guess my viewpoint is coloured by the fact I do so much people photography.

Dominic

1st is the better of the 2 New themes, nice green against the dry soil. I would have like a bit more in good focus and a tighter crop.
Clean Image works well, colours bring the scene to lift as does the movement in the brush.

Pete

Nice image, someone always gets the dirty jobs....

New.... good idea with the shoots the first one works better without the water
Clean....works well not my favourite job I do a lot of it though so very fitting for me

Nice one Dominic, That was very good of her to fit into your theme, good motion blur but my first thought was where is the rest of her :D

I too like the motion blur having read the comments about the crop I had another look and I can't decide if it would be better with all of her or with a a letter box crop and less of her

Back