weekly Nostromo TP52 (2017) Wk 52: Weather

:agree: with Andy on both counts.

Nice job ... what shadow there is is good.

Gut instinct is what I go with, even if the shot doesnt work that well. Gets the shot done and if time, then can always re shoot if required.
FWIW, I like that for the theme and its nicely done.

As much as I like the image as it is presented....I feel this is enlarge than just large... now..if u can find a large print dictionary and a magnifying glass without the glass... that could work.... ?

I think large is a great idea and well executed. Excellent lighting and DoF.

Very well done, and a great idea for the theme :plus1:

I've seen this sort of thing done before in the 52s ... focusing on the word in the dictionary. But here it works a treat with the magnifier "enlarging" the word. (y)

Architecture, i haven't been looking forward to this as i live in the a**e end of know where, don't leave home very often (that makes me sound like a hermit or something) and i'm not very good at this type of photography. It also meant using my kit lens and that's not the sharpest tool in the bag. Well here it is anyway, this is my bosses house, set in 125 acres of gardens and fields. It was built in the 1700s and has gone a through a few changes in that time. it's been in the family for about 35yrs.

untitled-16-2 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I thought about using this building (my house, it comes with the job) but think its a little less interesting.

2-1-2 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Hi Dominic

Vivid - I'm pleased that you kept the shadows as with the white background there would have been danger of the plant 'floating'.
Good choice.

Large - As Allan says, it works on two levels, so good job and well taken.

Architecture - Difficult... I prefer the building in #2, it's the more interesting of the two in my view, but the blown sky lets it down. I wonder if there is opportunity for some creative editing.

Nicely handled images Dominic considering the conditions, all the verticals up straight, nice composition on both, shame about the sky on your house but nothing you can do with that, the path leads up nicely though, and the sky in the top one fill the frame nicely with detail too, a real nice place to live :)

First one for me because he sky is nicely exposed as well as a good photo of the building.

#1 for this theme. It's a well composed architecture shot!

Architecture - #1 for me, the dark sky is nicely captured whilst the building is still nicely exposed.

Creepy was what i was going for. Although i do think i might re-edit it, it's just not quite how i want it.

Second one for me its a better crop, very horror movie like, excellent

1st one for me as second shot makes it look like the perp has huge ears, sorry !

I like #1 for the theme but #2 is very well done. Two good photos with good mono covnersions

Both great takes on the theme, but #2 is cleaner and has in my opinion more impact. It is also creepier :)

Wooo ... I like both those Brokens ... what fun (y)

maybe the first could be cropped to the single pane. Hmmmm ...

My first visit for a few weeks, Dominic, and a theme is developing with your 52 of clean, clear images that meet the theme very well. Hold and Vivid are both examples, a clear well-lit subject with clean background and no distractions, and the same for your Smoke image with some nice textures and shapes in that one. Unusual to use the dandelion, too (y)

Both Architecture shots are interesting images of two lovely buildings and I like your home the best, with those lovely arches and interesting design. Shame about the sky but sometimes that can't be helped, and the strong leading line works very well. Two more strong images for Broken and #2 is my favourite because the dark contrasts and the fingers gripping through the wire make it so moody and thought-provoking. I could see it being used on a book cover!

I'm really enjoying your thread. Don't worry about falling behind and do stick with it (y)

Back