weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Very nice Dave, shadow patterns, Arch Patterns and the patterns on the hills and on top of that really pleasing to look at.

Thanks Clive :)

Graceful - Ah, the other Swan shot I was told about :) Nicely done young Dave. he has his beady eye on you.
Static - Well that's bloody brilliant. Very fortunate that she was as still as she was for your shot. great movement around her.
Pattern - Great shot of the viaduct and teh pattern of light on the brickwork.
The train seems a little overpowered for 4 mk3s and a mk1

Thanks for those. I'm guessing the 2 locos is so they don't have to do a loco run-around at each end. Also, the Mk1 is apparently the Covid-19 coach in case they get a case onboard. Maybe the 2 locos is so that they can separate the train and go back to base with it if they need to? I'll ask next weekend - we have tickets! :D

Static
Lovely shot, I don't have anything else too add.

Patterns
Good light and shadow in the arches.

Cheers :)

great image, there are certainly plenty of patterns there!

I'm guessing the 2 locos is so they don't have to do a loco run-around at each end. Also, the Mk1 is apparently the Covid-19 coach in case they get a case onboard. Maybe the 2 locos is so that they can separate the train and go back to base with it if they need to? I'll ask next weekend - we have tickets!
Makes sense ref the running round. I bet a lot of termini don't have the ability to release the loco as passenger haulage is mostly MU these days.
Enjoy the train. Try to stay in the mk3s (they have air con ;) )

Can`t fault it at all Dave, a cracker of a shot.

Cheers Dave

Great shot and the shadows under the arches really add something to it. (y)

Thanks - yeah they grabbed me too ;)

Makes sense ref the running round. I bet a lot of termini don't have the ability to release the loco as passenger haulage is mostly MU these days.
Enjoy the train. Try to stay in the mk3s (they have air con ;) )

We have our tickets - and seat allocation :)

Lovely shot for patters - the train is perfectly placed on the viaduct (almost like you planned it...)

Thanks - I sure did plan it :)

STATIC - What an absolute corker!!!Superb technique and execution. Reminiscent of Koen Jacobs' stuff on flickr

PATTERNS - another stunner!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

STATIC - What an absolute corker!!!Superb technique and execution. Reminiscent of Koen Jacobs' stuff on flickr

PATTERNS - another stunner!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cheers Bob :)

Patterns, I suggest you stop looking at @LC2 threads it seems to be rubbing off :D

Nice image as is, Dave even without the Patterns.

That's a cracker of an image you've captured, Dave. Nice patterns of the arches and their shadows too. The stone texture and timing of the train at mid-crossing just add another level or two.

Very well done :clap:

Thanks Stan - we have tickets to go on that train next weekend so fingers crossed an appropriate theme or at least a shoehornable one :D

Reactions: rpn
Thanks Stan - we have tickets to go on that train next weekend so fingers crossed an appropriate theme or at least a shoehornable one :D

Lucky you, I'm still in lockdown. Not a good news day for Aberdeen today. One week extension to our local lockdown also the train crash not too far from here.

Lucky you, I'm still in lockdown. Not a good news day for Aberdeen today. One week extension to our local lockdown also the train crash not too far from here.

Tragic that train crash - been following it on BBC News :(

Great shot Dave. I love that viaduct - apart from spending ages waiting for a train to cross.. never did see one :)

Great shot Dave. I love that viaduct - apart from spending ages waiting for a train to cross.. never did see one :)

Thanks - there's an app for that :D

Week 33 : Camouflage

Or is that CamOYflage?

Bit of fun combining two shots I got on my evening walk tonight :)

Camouflage by Dave Green, on Flickr

Rambo... First Blood eat your heart out.
Totally love this Dave, really is a cracker and clever one for the theme.

Cheers Dave - I like to chuck in a bonkers shot every so often :D

Camouflage
You mean that's not real :ROFLMAO:
It's like something out of Dr who.
A good bit of thinking outside of the box.

That's clever Dave, you'll have to write a howto, as that's an interesting effect :)

Easy peasy.

Two shots obviously.
make a rough selection of face with a decent feather - I used 200px.
Paste the face onto the tree pic.
Scale and adjust to fit the desired area.
Reduce it's opacity to suit - I used 75%.
Use a feathered layer mask to erase the edges of the face to fit the shape of the tree surface.
Flatter layers and save.
Resize for web ans save a copy.
Total edit time - about 10min.

Camouflage
You mean that's not real :ROFLMAO:
It's like something out of Dr who.
A good bit of thinking outside of the box.

Ta :)

Reactions: LC2
Well it scared the crap outta me Dave :D

Nice processing.

Week 34 : Tiny (and tech)

Tiny Wifey at Ripley Castle yesterday :)

Tiny Wifey by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back