weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2018 - Week 52 : Showcase (Complete)

Bright
The first photo does the job for me. It's a good pov and I really like the colourful flowers at the bottom, with the clear blue sky above.

Two good take, I think I prefer the Goldwing, lots of brightwork

Tanks - the starburst literally caught my eye as I walked past :)

Hi Dave.
Very starbursty, both of them.
I like the starburst and how the metal frame points at it in the first, the starburst reflection on the GL1500 shows how cared for the bike is.
One of the few bikes with a reverse gear that!

Cheers :)

Week 26 : Elegant

...well usually :)

i-RqBmDRr.jpg

Ok ok - the more usual angle :)

i-2TfPNVf.jpg

Week 26 : Elegant

...well usually
:):):) good diversion of the theme dave.

The cat is not in the best place (bright spot on part of face), but try telling the cat to move is not going to work.

Pete

Dave

Rural, well spotted. nice red poppy in the green wheat field. Looks better on Flickr. The green on a lot of the leaves looks a bit faded / washed out which is a niggle. Did you take it midday?, but I guess nothing you could do about it.

Bright, 2 very nice Images, both very bright. Flowers with flare wins it for me.Nice Compostion, blue sky and very bright flowers to fit the theme.
Pete

Yes cats are very elegant aren’t they what a delight they are, great first pic

Elegant
In not sure the first one is elegant but the second one is better.

On my phone this morning I was thinking how on earth has the cat got a red nose??? well, until I zoomed in.
Love the shot, it's fun and you can just imagine where that tongue has been!
As Pete says, the light is a bit problematic, but nowt you can do about that, cats like the sun and I think you've dealt with it nicely.

Thanks all - you defo get what you get with cats lol :)

Personally, I'd pick the first one. I prefer the slightly more prominent subject, and the less busy background, but I know that you don't get much choice with where a pet sits. Maybe it's just my monitor but is the focus slightly off the eye in the first? The fur on the top of the leg looks sharper than the eye.

Fanx for the kitty thoughts folks :)

Week 27 : Derelict

Arnside Viaduct Linesman's Box

i-6RJF5j8.jpg

Oy! geroffmy patch:D

a different take on the viaduct. I'm viewing it on a phone but the sky looks a little over saturated for me and it's not yelling dereliction but well composed though

I think you have probably made the best shot you could, the signal box is a bit lost, I agree very well composed though

Like that Dave, great composition and choice of subject for the theme. Wouldn't do anything different with it. Looks a nice spot to catch a train or 2.

Cheers Michael!

Oy! geroffmy patch:D

a different take on the viaduct. I'm viewing it on a phone but the sky looks a little over saturated for me and it's not yelling dereliction but well composed though

Ta - YOUR patch? I've been going there for the last 45 years :) We had a caravan at Far Arnside when I was a nipper :)

Derelict, a very nicely taken shot Dave, good composition and having the tracks going from R to L while having a sharp clear box.

Thank you Dave :)

I think you have probably made the best shot you could, the signal box is a bit lost, I agree very well composed though

Cheers - will add a closer shot for you :)

A closer look from the other end.

i-wtMJTbJ.jpg

Derelict
The second one cos the theme better, but i do like the first one as a photo (if you see what I mean). The sky is a little bit too blue though.

Thats quite a bug house, very good B+W conversion the tones and textures work very well

Second shot for me on derelict, in the first one the eye is taken away from the building by the railway lines.

Home, great picture of an interesting subject works very well in black and white.

Hi Dave

Derelict
2nd shot is better for me but would like to see a bit more on the left hand side. Can't help but think what it would look like from the other side.
Maybe Chris "Sirch" could show us.

Home
That Image works well in B&W, plenty of sharp detail.

Pete

Hi Dave, those are two good images for Bright and I like the bright starburst of light above the brightly coloured flowers in your first one, but the second one tops it with the bold colours, reflections and another great starburst. Good choice for the theme!
I laughed at the first image for Elegant and your comment. The second one is closer to the theme although there's probably a more elegant image to be found, but cats don't usually comply with our wishes, do they? :D
You picked a great location for Derelict and my pick would be the first image because I like the lines and the added interest of the textures and colours in the wall and the track.
Home is an interesting subject for the theme and full of details. B&W is a good choice for PP as it helps to bring out the details and itextures (y)

Thanks for the comments and thoughts folks - very much appreciated!

Hi Dave,

Derelict - Really like the bright colours you've captured in those 2 shots, a Fujiesque image 9except the blues are better in yours).
Whilst I really like the first, I think the second pips it as there is more detail (though of course you don't get the leading lines).

Home - Nice and contrasty and fun to look at. Definitely works well in B&W. Nothing really to add to the other comments.

Thanks folks :)

Three

DRS Open Day at Crewe today :geek::geek::geek:

i-xp56mJr.jpg

Like the idea but find the guy on the left very distracting.

I am undecided about the people I kind of like them there but they do kind of take your eye away from the round elements

I don't mind the people as they are all slightly oof (apart from the bag and shoulder in the bottom right that's a bit annoying. Lol). Doesn't really detract from the 3 round lights. Nice colours and details in the front of the train. The only bit I'm not too keen of is the little bit of green in the top right, could it maybe be cropped to get rid of that? Other than that, great image.

I don't mind the people as they are all slightly oof (apart from the bag and shoulder in the bottom right that's a bit annoying. Lol). Doesn't really detract from the 3 round lights. Nice colours and details in the front of the train. The only bit I'm not too keen of is the little bit of green in the top right, could it maybe be cropped to get rid of that? Other than that, great image.

A slight tweak...

i-3wVjmnW.jpg

Back