weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Nice take on the Environment theme. The green is striking in the rest of the image.

As an aside, how the uniform has changed - my late dad was active in SJA all his life, from a first aider at Cheltenham racecourse (in black military style tunic and trousers with white SJA haversack) to Hong Kong as Head of Cadet Training (with khaki military-style uniform with leather Same Browne).

Thanks both :)

Great shot, lovely use of DOF :)

Week 47 : Far

He's come far - from The Cairngorms - to help with Santa's Reindeer Parade today :)

i-xTdns8R.jpg

Great Image Dave and I thought they came from Lapland.
Excellant Focus and plenty of sharp details, Thumbs up from me.

Pete

What a beautiful image for Far Dave, a lovely cute looking thing too.

Thanks Dave :)

Great Image Dave and I thought they came from Lapland.
Excellant Focus and plenty of sharp details, Thumbs up from me.

Pete

Cheers Pete. Santa has outsourced to Scotland :)

Hi Dave

Spooky - I think you need to change your Diet, Far too much detail for me...

Short, excellant backgroud, highlight the short holly tree.

Environment, another excellant shot Dave, lots of details in St John and the OOF girls give context to the Saturday night crowd.

Pete

Hi Dave

Spooky - I think you need to change your Diet, Far too much detail for me...

Short, excellant backgroud, highlight the short holly tree.

Environment, another excellant shot Dave, lots of details in St John and the OOF girls give context to the Saturday night crowd.

Pete

Cheers Pete :)

Week 48 : Playing

Carols in Cambridge at the weekend.

i-Spn5DJT.jpg

Glory be, that's a hairstyle from the forties!! Lovely composition though!

Another nice musician shot. I might have shot something similar, but our carols in my local aren't until the 23rd.

Glory be, that's a hairstyle from the forties!! Lovely composition though!

Thanks Joan :)

So many musicians playing posts this week. I like this one for the composition and the mono conversion.

Cheers Stan ;)

Another nice musician shot. I might have shot something similar, but our carols in my local aren't until the 23rd.

Carols somewhere 24/7 at the moment in Cambridge it seems :)

Hi Dave

Great B&W Image, lots of details in the Black areas and the white as well. Nice reflections in the Instrument ( I was going to say trumpet but it proberly isn't)

Pete

Hi Dave

Great B&W Image, lots of details in the Black areas and the white as well. Nice reflections in the Instrument ( I was going to say trumpet but it proberly isn't)

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

looks like a cornet to me.

Very well taken image Dave!:clap:
I love the concentration on his face!
He's playing like a boss with those thick(ish) gloves on too...what a pro!
Excellent B&W processing.

Thanks Gareth :)

Hi Dave,

Far is super cute and a very nice and fitting shot to boot.

Playing is simply fantastic. Super sharp and works perfectly in mono.

The look of concentration on his face, I thought initially that he might have been playing the last post, not carols...
Great capture and the mono processing suits his overall look.

Thanks Tim.

Hi Dave,

Far is super cute and a very nice and fitting shot to boot.

Playing is simply fantastic. Super sharp and works perfectly in mono.

Cheers Lee.

Really nice portrait and very good conversion? to black and white

Week 49 : Below

From below No52322. Taken yesterday with a Santa Special at Summerseat on the East Lancashire Railway.

L&Y Railway Aspinall Class 27 built in 1896. They were designed by John Aspinall and 484 were built between 1889 – 1918 at Horwich works. The Class 27 was the standard goods engine of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway

i-NWrwCjr.jpg

That's a nice shot and you have captured the essence of the theme. The low angle of approach is perfect too.

Thanks Stan :)

Great image, love the low angle and the colours and use iof light are really nice.

Lovely low shot. I used to love standing on a small bridge over the railway when I was a kid,the smell and the warm steam, the noise, marvelous electric and diesel can't compete.

Below, great shot there, well taken :)

That`s a cracking low angle shot Dave, love it.

Thanks Dave :)

Great image, love the low angle and the colours and use iof light are really nice.

Cheers Jim ;)

Lovely low shot. I used to love standing on a small bridge over the railway when I was a kid,the smell and the warm steam, the noise, marvelous electric and diesel can't compete.

Thanks Clive - I like to do that now and I'm 57 next week :D

Below, great shot there, well taken :)

Thanks Rick :)

Ah, the SATAN season ;)
Cool shot of the Victorian design and a nice low perspective. Unusual to get that sort of view without a PTS, though I can think of a couple of spots on the Bluebell and GCR where that's do-able.

Back