weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Here we go! Week 1 of Year 6!

Week 1 : Your Local Area

The iconic Eric Morecambe Statue and surrounding artwork. A tribute to a legendary commedian and entertainer. Unvieled by Her Majesty The Queen 23rd July 1999. 2min from our house.

52612644430_aebda573f7_h.jpg

I like the shot but IMO there's way too much haloing around Eric and the pillars at the top of the steps. Possibly a touch too much sharpening after resizing.

Where do you live Dave :exit:

iconic indeed, I like the low viewpoint.

Excellent Dave - no doubt where your area is!

Lovely framing and processing (y)

Nice one, Dave, to start another challenge, Like the B&W treatment it suits the image.

I like the shot but IMO there's way too much haloing around Eric and the pillars at the top of the steps. Possibly a touch too much sharpening after resizing.

Iconic Statue and a real Celeb

Where do you live Dave :exit:

iconic indeed, I like the low viewpoint.

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
Great compostition and suits the mono treatment.

good B/W processing Dave. It's not rubbish.
He was one of the best.

Well composed, I thought it was going to be a real person before I saw it was Eric Morecambe.
Haloing around the statue jumped out to me too, but only detracts if you zoom in.

Well composed, I thought it was going to be a real person before I saw it was Eric Morecambe.
Haloing around the statue jumped out to me too, but only detracts if you zoom in.

Ta - pixel peeping is the spawn of the devil haha!!!

Great shot Dave, really like how you've processed it. The b&w suits it well.

Lovely viewpoint and framing Dave. The black and white processing really works a treat.

Works really well in mono and you've captured a lovely tonal range. Great shot.

What a shame you haven't taken it in 'sunshine'. ;)

Lovely viewpoint and framing Dave. The black and white processing really works a treat.

Cheers Pete :)

Definitely iconic, Pete. We sometimes visit Morecambe if we're early for the Heysham boat and it's a real feature of the seafront. Love your choice of B&W for this and your composition to include the foreground details. Good luck with your 52.

Thanks Doris :naughty:

Works really well in mono and you've captured a lovely tonal range. Great shot.

Ta Helen :)

What a shame you haven't taken it in 'sunshine'. ;)

:LOL: Sunshine starts here in April

I've seen the statue before, but personally never seen this viewpoint. So for me it really works.

Thanks Kell :)

Week 2 - Incomplete

Incomplete Street Portrait - Manchester

i-KxvBdrw-X3.jpg

And incomplete graffiti! You got a two-fer! Good shot Dave.

Nice start to your 52 Dave. Nice composition and view point for Your Area and well thought out shot for Incomplete.
Thanks Lee :)

Area:

Great shot. Black and white gives it far more than colour could. The first ever photo I got in my local paper's photography group page was of Eric's statue. It's a great subject.

Incomplete:

Assuming it's not posed, this is a great capture and a fantastic take on the subject.

Area:

Great shot. Black and white gives it far more than colour could. The first ever photo I got in my local paper's photography group page was of Eric's statue. It's a great subject.

Incomplete:

Assuming it's not posed, this is a great capture and a fantastic take on the subject.
Cheers - incomplete is candid from a street photography day on Friday :)

Nicely picked out Dave. Another good theme interpretation.

Back