weekly Phil S 52 in 2021 - Week 8 - Half

That is a lovely image, really nice warm colours and great to have the interest of the person in the image.

That's a great start Phil. Lovely warm colours, it could almost be a late summer's evening just before a storm.
Liking that you have subjects at either end of the leading lines too.

Great shot Phil. Walking into a new and more promising year!

Warm light offset by the wooly hat. Works well!

as above a very nice image an excellent start to the year

Very pleasing.
Nice start Phil.

Yep a belter to start with :)

Looks like a gorgeous place to move to. Good luck. Lovely sunset displaying that lovely reflected light on the surroundings.

Hi Phil

Glorious light, nice compo, love it. (y)

That is a lovely image, really nice warm colours and great to have the interest of the person in the image.
I think the way the road reflects the sky really makes this composition.
That's a great start Phil. Lovely warm colours, it could almost be a late summer's evening just before a storm.
Liking that you have subjects at either end of the leading lines too.
Lovely lines and composition, nice with the person for interest, and what a lovely sky!

Great start Phil [emoji16]
Great shot Phil. Walking into a new and more promising year!
Warm light offset by the wooly hat. Works well!
as above a very nice image an excellent start to the year
Very pleasing.
Nice start Phil.
Yep a belter to start with :)
Looks like a gorgeous place to move to. Good luck. Lovely sunset displaying that lovely reflected light on the surroundings.
Hi Phil

Glorious light, nice compo, love it. (y)
lovely image you have caught the light well.
That's beautiful Phil. Great start.
Thanks for all the comments.

Oooh, very close (not sure I like it - the subject not the image - it makes me uneasy :D ) Good lighting on it but is the main part of the fruit a bit soft where the skin on lower right is sharp (or is it my monitor)? Nice frame filler too :)

Nice and close, and plenty of detail.

It looks a little like the under side of a starfish :D

I like the folded skin on the left, and the light on the edible banana bit .... I might have cropped it tighter.

I don't like the bite, a clean cut would look unrealistic but more interesting. Hmmmm ...

OMG that would not have been possible in my house, my dog can hear a banana being unwrapped from 100yds. I would have been lucky to have got a bite out of it let alone pose it for a photo..

Fruit
I like the way you've arranged the peeled skin. Good positioning in the frame too.

Bananas actually set my teeth on edge so you can image my reaction to this! A good shot all the same.

Oooh, very close (not sure I like it - the subject not the image - it makes me uneasy :D ) Good lighting on it but is the main part of the fruit a bit soft where the skin on lower right is sharp (or is it my monitor)? Nice frame filler too :)

Thanks - I found it difficult to keep the banana in the right posiiton and ended up holding it so I might have moved slightly.

Nice and close, and plenty of detail.

It looks a little like the under side of a starfish :D
I like the folded skin on the left, and the light on the edible banana bit .... I might have cropped it tighter.

I don't like the bite, a clean cut would look unrealistic but more interesting. Hmmmm ...
Thanks, I tried it clean cut but wanted something a bit different.

lots of texture and well lit.
Hi Phil, did you want the technique for this shot, as it would seem to fit the bill for that as well as the theme..
Happy for that, thanks.

OMG that would not have been possible in my house, my dog can hear a banana being unwrapped from 100yds. I would have been lucky to have got a bite out of it let alone pose it for a photo..

Fruit
I like the way you've arranged the peeled skin. Good positioning in the frame too.
Bananas actually set my teeth on edge so you can image my reaction to this! A good shot all the same.
Hit's the mark for the subject and technique that's for certain! Nicely done.

Thanks folks for the comments.

Upgrade? A moist cloth will do! That doesn't fit the brief because the brief is 'dirty' and that is bloody filthy, yuck! :)

I would say that swiitch has got character.

I like the framing with the space on the left.

That's a great shot. Some people overthink the theme.

This is an interesting old switch that's dirty, nicely framed.

Just one thing ... it's a bit shallow.

Dirty
I like the old style of switch.
I like the textures in the dark wood and the white (well nearly white) of the switch contrast well.

excellent interpretation of the theme, don't upgrade its stylish

Yep that's Dirty, a good interesting subject and the textures of the wood work well. So long as its Safe I seen no reason to upgrade it.

Back