Photo52 2011 - Wk 48 Cute added

Still trying to get up to date, here is my submission for Blur

6131222852_0a35abc2c2_b.jpg

My friend and I were trying to take photos in a local park...not sure I was very successful

Tell me how to do this properly....please :help:

Smell, no one, if I recall, did a photograph of a nose, and you've captured plenty of detail. Just a bit yucky to me - typical townie...

Sensual, I'd like to see an even closer crop and possibly increase the noise to give it an aged feel.

Record, I quite like the paining but it feels as lazy as my record...:shake:

Wind, now I had a quick flick through your new posts and this one really stuck out for me. (y) I saw something similar recently, from America, and it was a great photograph. Now if the sign was straight it wouldn't work for me. Possible push the vibrancy. Bit well done from me.

Evolution, nice idea, but looks a tad soft and lacking colour. Nice eye contact.

Weird, I don't get it.....:thinking:

Celebrate, nowt better that dogs who are having a great play. OOF is a major drawback.

Blur, is indeed, blurred but not enough for me. Closer crop, I'd like to see, and as with a few of your photographs more colour.

Work, well captured. Bit noisy from the crop, I suspect, but some nice colour and I really like the bg flowers.

(y) for catching up.

Cheers.

Good detail in the wings Tina.
Is the image a crop, there looks to be some noise in it.

Both hit the theme

The bee is quite a big crop so there is loadsa noise :D i haven't any removal software so just have to live with it. :(

Thanks for your comments.

Smell, no one, if I recall, did a photograph of a nose, and you've captured plenty of detail. Just a bit yucky to me - typical townie...

Sensual, I'd like to see an even closer crop and possibly increase the noise to give it an aged feel.

Record, I quite like the paining but it feels as lazy as my record...:shake:

Wind, now I had a quick flick through your new posts and this one really stuck out for me. (y) I saw something similar recently, from America, and it was a great photograph. Now if the sign was straight it wouldn't work for me. Possible push the vibrancy. Bit well done from me.

Evolution, nice idea, but looks a tad soft and lacking colour. Nice eye contact.

Weird, I don't get it.....:thinking:

Celebrate, nowt better that dogs who are having a great play. OOF is a major drawback.

Blur, is indeed, blurred but not enough for me. Closer crop, I'd like to see, and as with a few of your photographs more colour.

Work, well captured. Bit noisy from the crop, I suspect, but some nice colour and I really like the bg flowers.

(y) for catching up.

Cheers.

Andy, I'm sorry you found the nose so yucky ;)

I hadn't thought of ADDING noise as a positive...might give that a punt as I'm SURE I can do that ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Glad you like my wind (or lack of it) shot. I'm working on a lil netbook at the mo so am reluctant to do much in the way of editing, but, never say never is my policy ;)

Evolution is one I wasn't sure about. the link I'm happy with and the composition just this silly lil machine...

Weird, I didn't get it either. I suspect it is some sort of disease. That is on a willow branch.

Celebrate, yer, oof is bad :confused: Will try harder

Blur, I didn't realise I used so little colour; I think I'm nervous of playing with colour as i know this isn't calibrated and so many seem to view with better monitors. Maybe I should just bite the bullet.

Work, Maybe I should have a go at some macro tubes? But I never plan my shoots as others seem to, I just go and see what I find on the day.

Still a few to do but getting there - thanks for the encouragement

This could be taken so many ways so I chose to attempt to depict the passage of time....

6137866750_d9bca88941_b.jpg

This tree is now 135 years old and in it's entirity looks magnificent. It is a Sequoia Gigantica planted in Bodnant Gardens, North Wales, in 1876.

Too much colour in that one...:exit:

Looks like an elephant's foot.

I like it, especially how you've composed it to emphasise the size of the tree.

Minor points but I'd like to see the bottom of the sign.

Nice one....

The bee is quite a big crop so there is loadsa noise :D i haven't any removal software so just have to live with it. :(

Tina,

Have a look at Noiseware Community Edition.
It's free and has some control options even in the free version.

I use it (the free version) and find I get good results.

Noise removal can soften the image, but have a play with the sliding bars and you'll get something you're happy with.

Tina,

Have a look at Noiseware Community Edition.
It's free and has some control options even in the free version.

I use it (the free version) and find I get good results.

Noise removal can soften the image, but have a play with the sliding bars and you'll get something you're happy with.

Thanks Neil, I'll have a dekko.

p.s. There was no base to the sign on my tree :bang: Must try harder :bonk:

Hi Tina, that is one impressive looking tree. Perfect for the theme. (y)

Thanks Michael

Hiya Tina,

My apologies, I seem to have missed quite a few of your weeks.

Some of the earlier photos since my last post seem to be a tad dark (perhaps because I am viewing on my netbook at my mum's), and also I'm trying to see how they fit with the theme.

However I do like your blur shot with the duck and the idea behind work with the bee.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Tina,

My apologies, I seem to have missed quite a few of your weeks.

Some of the earlier photos since my last post seem to be a tad dark (perhaps because I am viewing on my netbook at my mum's), and also I'm trying to see how they fit with the theme.

However I do like your blur shot with the duck and the idea behind work with the bee.

Cheers

Hi Dawn

My brain works - on a different plane at times :eek: So I understand when folk don't follow me :nuts:

I, too am currently using a netbook so...it is more than feasible that the images are...not right :bonk: must sort out better machine and use it :bonk:

Tina...

record...nothing for me..sorry its a bit dull....

especially when you scroll down to Wind..and got hit by the colour... love the blurring.. the sign placed to the side... good shot there girl..

evolution... you seemed to have caught a sad moment in the horse's day... it looks down.. [sniff]...

blur IS good... good capture on the wings, yet body is motionless almost...

work... bees.. got to love them (y) hardest workers of us all... never see a bee on strike or refusing to work....though some are getting paid employment for vodafone i noticed...

celebrate... i'm not sure the boy weren;t celebrating something else.. but thats just me..

and for time... not sure.. 1876 was a good year for me..and i do like these trees... i've seen General Sherman in the US...and tried to photograph it too... should have taken your advice and got the base.. (y) the sign does add a little something but is disappearing... nice colour though..lovely colour in fact..

Hi Tina

quick catch up from me :)

Blur....nice focus on the duck & great blur to the background..maybe lose some of the foreground & lighten it a bit ?

Time...thats a great tree & bang on the theme with its age...would have liked to see more detail in the bark...looks a touch dark to the left & a touch light to the right ?

Keep going Tina...the end is in sight...then we can start all over again next year :LOL:

Tina...

record...nothing for me..sorry its a bit dull....

especially when you scroll down to Wind..and got hit by the colour... love the blurring.. the sign placed to the side... good shot there girl..

evolution... you seemed to have caught a sad moment in the horse's day... it looks down.. [sniff]...

blur IS good... good capture on the wings, yet body is motionless almost...

work... bees.. got to love them (y) hardest workers of us all... never see a bee on strike or refusing to work....though some are getting paid employment for vodafone i noticed...

celebrate... i'm not sure the boy weren;t celebrating something else.. but thats just me..

and for time... not sure.. 1876 was a good year for me..and i do like these trees... i've seen General Sherman in the US...and tried to photograph it too... should have taken your advice and got the base.. (y) the sign does add a little something but is disappearing... nice colour though..lovely colour in fact..

Thanks for your time and comments, Kev. It is great to have the feedback as sitting here we don't always see what others do!

Hi Tina

quick catch up from me :)

Blur....nice focus on the duck & great blur to the background..maybe lose some of the foreground & lighten it a bit ?

Time...thats a great tree & bang on the theme with its age...would have liked to see more detail in the bark...looks a touch dark to the left & a touch light to the right ?

Keep going Tina...the end is in sight...then we can start all over again next year :LOL:

Hi Lynne, I think I will be revisiting the duck and if not that one then the pond ;)

I loved the tree but will have another look at more advanced processing as soon as i sort myself out ... maybe in time for next year :LOL:

Sorry I've not commented for a while, but I have been away. I'm leaving the comments on your last few shots, as everyone else has already said what needed to be said.
Your FUN pic somehow says fun to me, despite the seal's head only just visible. I think it is the combination of the blue water, and the fact they swim and eat fish all day that does it :LOL:

The reflections are a little distracting, and using a polariser at the time could have helped with that, but the composition needs tightening up a little IMHO.
Just a crop, losing the right hand side after the seal's tail, losing a bit from the top above the ripple rings, and losing a bit from the left. At the moment, it shot looks a little "long". But that aside (and a minor point at that) I like this (y):clap:

Lovely pic Tina. Certainly a fun creature!

A real teaser it was! Thanks for looking

Sorry I've not commented for a while, but I have been away. I'm leaving the comments on your last few shots, as everyone else has already said what needed to be said.
Your FUN pic somehow says fun to me, despite the seal's head only just visible. I think it is the combination of the blue water, and the fact they swim and eat fish all day that does it :LOL:

The reflections are a little distracting, and using a polariser at the time could have helped with that, but the composition needs tightening up a little IMHO.
Just a crop, losing the right hand side after the seal's tail, losing a bit from the top above the ripple rings, and losing a bit from the left. At the moment, it shot looks a little "long". But that aside (and a minor point at that) I like this (y):clap:

Thanks Adie, I agree about the polariser but it was at the top of teh steps (I'm told there are 365 but I didn't count!)

I'll try your crop suggestion, I wasn't too sure myself as I took, a number :confused:, and only a few were worth even pretending to keep!

I like the crop Tina, works very well (y)

With thanks to Adie, I think I do also :LOL:

Work - Lovely colorus and great interpretation
Time - Like the composition though would have been nice to get all the signs post in perhaps
Fun - I too prefer the tighter crop

Thanks Jeff, for looking back, I also wish I fitted the whole of the sign in Time...:thinking:

Last edited:
Hiya Tina,

I can see the link between seal and fun ... just need to visit a zoo to realise the fun tricks they can perform, not to mention how playful they are in the water.

Not a bad shot considering the seal is in the water and almost camouflaged.

Cheers

Although I will not achieve this I won't give up entirely.

My family and I took the dogs to walk Crosby beach las Sunday. I've been wanting to see Another Place but this was my first visit. Harsh light so many others there but we had a lovely morning.

I decided this fellow was desperately in need of a rescue ;)

Crosby 0018 by ButlersKeeper, on Flickr

This looks much darker suddenly :eek:

Glad to see you're not throwing the towel in yet.

Is he leaning in real life or does it need a rotate?

I like the light coming in from the right and placing his left half in shadow.
I may have been tempted to get him more face on.

Sky looks a little grainy, is that the upload?

He and a few of the others certainly had leanings ;) I took a few face on but this seemed more...:shrug: right?

Grainy sky? Shouldn't be as not much done in conversion so could be upload.

Thanks for dropping by

Back