Monthly Posiview's 2013 ETC thread - December Dome (ish) added and project FINISHED...maybe :)

Ooops, missed the new scale shot. Great concept, but there's something about it that not quite ringing true. It's very very subtle, but I think it's to do with the lighting, or maybe just WB, on the fingers not quite matching the shoes. It's very very close, but just a touch off I think.

By the way, your daughter seems to have a lot of shoes. That should not be allowed and you MUST stop her, because you're storing up huge problems for any future husband. Girls must be taught at an early age to loath shoes, for the sake of mankind.

Looked again, and WB is off a bit. The fingers look warmer. Strange. Take under same lighting :thinking:

Shoes....yeah, I have 3 daughters and a wife. Damn things are everywhere. The men in their life can sort it out themselves....I had to :D

Cheers.

Looked again, and WB is off a bit. The fingers look warmer. Strange. Take under same lighting :thinking:

Shoes....yeah, I have 3 daughters and a wife. Damn things are everywhere. The men in their life can sort it out themselves....I had to :D

Cheers.

Also, looked again and I didn't do under Isabelle's chin right in #1. Looks better in #2 :D

The texture shots have come out really well, good effort on the Jigsaw It looks like a really hard theme. I noticed the piece lying on top of the jigsaw looks like its inside the jigsaw not sure if that was intentional or not,

Andy, you got three outstanding shots so far this month. Prefer the snake skin texture shot of the two.

The jigsaw pp sounds difficult, will look it up sometime.

Cheers.

This is the jigsaw video I watched and found the easiest too follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JewjwWvEoWY

The texture shots have come out really well, good effort on the Jigsaw It looks like a really hard theme. I noticed the piece lying on top of the jigsaw looks like its inside the jigsaw not sure if that was intentional or not,

Cheers. Jigsaw :bonk: That was one of the point Gavin Hoey mentions in the video above.

Might edit if I have time.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, just made it here within the month!

Your texture shots are amazing! The contour is a tiny bit off on the first one, but other than that they're impossible to fault!

Jigsaw works, but it hasn't resulted in an exceptionally interesting shot IMHO. Still, as you say it is a good way to learn :)

"Write" I love the idea, but the text doesn't look realistic enough for me I'm afraid. If you could fix that, it's get a truly great image :)

Hi Andy, just made it here within the month! Your texture shots are amazing! The contour is a tiny bit off on the first one, but other than that they're impossible to fault! Jigsaw works, but it hasn't resulted in an exceptionally interesting shot IMHO. Still, as you say it is a good way to learn :) "Write" I love the idea, but the text doesn't look realistic enough for me I'm afraid. If you could fix that, it's get a truly great image :)

Lastminute.com :D Yeah, I'd did enjoy doing the textures. Jigsaw, having seen yours on Flickr I realise how much more I could have done. Think I should have taken more time. Write, as soon as I'd flattened and saved the photograph, I realised more work was needed on the text, a slight fade or blur, maybe. Anyways, another month tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Took me quite a few visits but in the end understand what your 'text' shot is about. :bonk: Agree with your own comment about the font.

Very good I like it....... in the end.

Cheers, Stan.

This project rally has improved my photoshop skills, and to a lesser extent my photography skills

Nice idea done well.

You've just clipped the edge with the toilet seat though.

I like the red of the rose, it gives a really good contrast to the black and whites.

Two excellent takes on this month's themes, Andy.

Film poster; took me a while to notice the 'B' instead of 'G' and the red rose works well to break up the mono tone.

CD cover; not really into current music scene, call me old if you want and I know I'm :LOL: but from a photographer/photoshop pov you've done an excellent job. (y)

Hi Andy.

The BogFather; brilliant, just brilliant! Mind you, shouldn't the hand be holding a toilet brush?

CD Cover, I'm not so sure. The blown top to Isabelle's head doesn't look right to me, and I can see a selection outline around "California" that extends beyond the actual insert. Bet she likes it though :)

Two excellent takes on this month's themes, Andy.

Film poster; took me a while to notice the 'B' instead of 'G' and the red rose works well to break up the mono tone.

CD cover; not really into current music scene, call me old if you want and I know I'm :LOL: but from a photographer/photoshop pov you've done an excellent job. (y)

Cheers.

I won't be posting the minimum of 3 this month.

Well done you (y)

Hi Andy.

The BogFather; brilliant, just brilliant! Mind you, shouldn't the hand be holding a toilet brush?

CD Cover, I'm not so sure. The blown top to Isabelle's head doesn't look right to me, and I can see a selection outline around "California" that extends beyond the actual insert. Bet she likes it though :)

Cheers, Mark. I enjoyed the movie poster.

The blown head was on purpose but I missed the outline :bang:

Looking forward to yours.

I love that Andy :). Great colours, and it's beautifully lit: care to share your setup?

Can't fault it :)

:clap: Like that, Andy. Beautiful colour and brilliant light on the camera. Balance well with the colour of the leafs. However, I'm trying to work out the 'Creative Still Life' theme :confused: :thinking:

Nice camera btw :love: and would love to own one too.

Thanks. I thought the mechanical juxtaposed with the natural was a different take on the theme.

They are cracking camera. I bought it from Fuji as a refurb. Came as new for quite a lot less than actually new :)

Good focus, light and composition, I really like that (y)

Thanks. Took me a while, even thought it does look quite straight forward.

I love that Andy :). Great colours, and it's beautifully lit: care to share your setup?

Can't fault it :)

Light painted the leaves, then Light painted the camera. Imported into PS. Blurred the leaves and masked in the camera. Hardest part was trying to sort out the reflections.

Cheer all.

Brilliant Andy, I love it!

To get it on Flickr, you have to export it (only in Flixel Pro I think), then convert it from the .mov format to a gif. Full Photoshop might do that, or there are plenty of free/cheap apps, or at least there are on the Mac.

Great phone shot too :)

Last edited:
Brilliant Andy, I love it!

To get it on Flickr, you have to export it (only in Flixel Pro I think), then convert it from the .mov format to a gif. Full Photoshop might do that, or there are plenty of free/cheap apps, or at least there are on the Mac.

Great phone shot too :)

Cheers. I can't work out how to export! I'm trying to save 'to camera role' but keep getting 'user denied access' error message. I've submitted a help ticket.

Brilliant :)

Nice deer skull too

Cheers.

Once more to the breach :)

You got there! It would be better as a gif as then there's no end to it, but it works as it is :)

Back