Monthly Posiview's 2013 ETC thread - December Dome (ish) added and project FINISHED...maybe :)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, all, well I currently have an active 52, but I like the idea of having a month to make and post a themed set of photographs.

I'll in all likelihood stick to 6 of the same theme and I've booked a night to photograph my first 6.

Good luck all.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Andy and welcome to another madhouse, I think quite a few of us are attempting both

Cheers, having a month to plan...then panic is quite refreshing :D

Hi Andy,

There's no stopping you, third consecutive year of 52 and you are here too. Is the camera becomes part of you now? ;)

Cheers, if Jackie has her way it will become an intimate part of me :help:

I'm also trying to do the 52 and this, the hardest part is finding the time to make lots of comments.

I'm also trying to do the 52 and this, the hardest part is finding the time to make lots of comments.

I found that last year and the year before people drop out quite quickly, which is a shame, but it does make commenting easier. In the initial phase of a 52 I tend to keep comments simple, but I do try to offer some comments. You simply can't give each post 5 minutes. 100 members - 500 minutes a week :nuts:

Cheers.

Photos Andy. We want photos :bat:

I've done more than 6 shots, but only three etc's :)

Popular is a relative term! ;)

Hi, all.

Went on a TP meet last night and bellow are my submissions for month 1.

C&C welcome and I'll have a look at other members 2013 ETC after I upload. I have noticed some guff on lens from the snow :bonk:

Cheers.

Light painting by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Orb snowflakes by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Orb + by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Orb stairs by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Double orb by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Folly by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

All very good, I love the third one Andy, perfectly exposed and the orb is brilliant. If you don't mind me asking, what was used for the dome like effect but in a straight line?

Some great shots Andy, like the red and blue of the orbs. The one in the stairs is good, is that where we did wire wool spinning last year?

Cheers, Alex, yeah, same place as the wire wool last year.

All very good, I love the third one Andy, perfectly exposed and the orb is brilliant. If you don't mind me asking, what was used for the dome like effect but in a straight line?

Cheers, the dome was a light dome wheel, I just turned on the lights and rolled it across the floor.

Cheers.

Nice set Andy and well done for completing the first month all in one go. :clap: This is one of the main reason I'm trying this 12 Project this year rather than taking on another 52 which I found was quite intense back in 2011. But I'm glad I did it.

the dome was a light dome wheel, I just turned on the lights and rolled it across the floor.

Just what I though how you did it and I'll give that a go sometimnes. I like the odd red/pink light.

No 2 is excellent, the added snow just finished off the image for me, they look like tiny astroids!

Great work.

Matt

Hi Andy, I like all of those, but think maybe number one is my favourite, just because I think the light painted shape suits the architecture best :)

Three would win it if the orb were central though.

Southdowns said:
Hi Andy, I like all of those, but think maybe number one is my favourite, just because I think the light painted shape suits the architecture best :)

Three would win it if the orb were central though.

Cheers, Peter. #1 is my favourite as well.

beckyboy1 said:
These are really cool can't wait to try myself.

Cheers, it's great fun :)

Darn that autocorrect!

Of course, if you knew anything at all about high quality beverages, you'd know I was talking about Australian meths; myths. It has a lovely little nose :)

Nice shot Andy i wish i can get my head around PS ..... was that from crime watch by any chance :)

Hi Andy, that's very well thought out and taken :) The only improvement I'd suggest would be having the two side parts of your face turned to match the rotation of the panels they're in. I think that would look great!

Hi Andy, that's very well thought out and taken :) The only improvement I'd suggest would be having the two side parts of your face turned to match the rotation of the panels they're in. I think that would look great!

Sometimes the obvious escapes me :bonk:

I'm sure I can do it in PS. Doing it in camera would be a 'mare without help.

Cheers.

I like the original shot Andy and what you've done. But... I don't like the way it's made your face wider by putting in two gaps into your face. If you could make it so your head is in proportion, with just 2 black panels where the gaps are I think it'd look better. It might not, but i'd like to see it if you give it a go!

Nice one.

I would also like to see it with the face rotated to match the panel.

Looks good as it is though.

Very jealous of your orbs and light painting. I had a go at some myself but the results were so bad they never even made it off the memory card let alone went anywhere near this forum :)

A nice idea for the triptych theme too, I seem to be trying to over do it with my ideas so maybe I need to simplify it a bit given the time constraints we have!

I like the original shot Andy and what you've done. But... I don't like the way it's made your face wider by putting in two gaps into your face. If you could make it so your head is in proportion, with just 2 black panels where the gaps are I think it'd look better. It might not, but i'd like to see it if you give it a go!

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Unfortuntly not time for an edit :bonk:

Nice one.

I would also like to see it with the face rotated to match the panel.

Looks good as it is though.

Thanks, as above (y)

Very jealous of your orbs and light painting. I had a go at some myself but the results were so bad they never even made it off the memory card let alone went anywhere near this forum :)

A nice idea for the triptych theme too, I seem to be trying to over do it with my ideas so maybe I need to simplify it a bit given the time constraints we have!

Cheers and KISS is often the way forward (y)

Hi Andy, contre jour is great; I love the colours, the texture and the depth, though the blown sun does bother me a bit, especially in contrast to that lovely dark sky.

Water drops are very very good, with lovely well defined drops, but I'm not so keen on what they're dripping off!

Back