weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Sorry to have been comentarily remiss!

Entertainment is fab....funny.

Spirals are grand too....love the spring reflection.

Sillhouette?....The second shot, for me, is an absolute winner.

Hi Andy, have to say the second one for me, the first one the more I look at it the more the copied birds? and the mirrored sky? seem to stand out. it's a great idea but not sure it's quite working for me

the second one is superb :clap:

I love the texture on the surface of the screw, nice lighting, and the central composition works well.

Both silhouettes are good, but the grass is something special. Great spot and really nicely done.

Sorry to have been comentarily remiss!

Entertainment is fab....funny.

Spirals are grand too....love the spring reflection.

Sillhouette?....The second shot, for me, is an absolute winner.

I love both silhouette shots. Cracking images and that's all I can say. :clap:

Hi Andy, have to say the second one for me, the first one the more I look at it the more the copied birds? and the mirrored sky? seem to stand out. it's a great idea but not sure it's quite working for me

the second one is superb :clap:

Thanks, all, and well spotted @alsjazzera regarding #1. Sky is as it was, but I did do some dirty PPing and copied a few birds. More time and ya would not have noticed :whistle:

Overall, it's #2 for me as well. It's so peaceful :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy,
A fair old catch up from me...

Crowd - I like the crowd of Zombie eyes. Especially as some of the eyes are partially obscured by the curtains. Cracking shot.
Close up - Neither work for me I'm afraid. The composition of the first helps it but the pp takes the edge off them sadly - sorry.
Alphabet - Interesting concept. Not sure I see the link to the theme though.
Machine - Fantastic image. I would like to see a touch more top and bottom though.
Sound - Lovely shot. Your daughter seems really immersed in sound. The subtle lighting works really well.
Experiment - I know you say it was a rush job but I think that is fantastic (y)
Heat - I like this. Subtle mirrored match head and flame. Very nice and spot on theme.
Figures - A grab shot it may be but it is on theme and does get the grey matter stirring. As a photo, it looks a touch flat.
Household - Very clever - spot on theme and the second is very well done :)
Limit - Very funny :D Poor chap has definitely reached his limit!
Bizarre - Very clever again but maybe a touch too fringe for me...
Broken - Poor Froggy. It's only the eyes that give it away. Good use of shallow DoF.
Entertain - Another one that made me smile despite it's faults :)
Spiral - The spring for me. The reflection makes it (y)
Silhouette - The copied gulls and mirrored sky doesn't work for me but the grass does :)

Hi Andy,
A fair old catch up from me...

Crowd - I like the crowd of Zombie eyes. Especially as some of the eyes are partially obscured by the curtains. Cracking shot.
Close up - Neither work for me I'm afraid. The composition of the first helps it but the pp takes the edge off them sadly - sorry.
Alphabet - Interesting concept. Not sure I see the link to the theme though.
Machine - Fantastic image. I would like to see a touch more top and bottom though.
Sound - Lovely shot. Your daughter seems really immersed in sound. The subtle lighting works really well.
Experiment - I know you say it was a rush job but I think that is fantastic (y)
Heat - I like this. Subtle mirrored match head and flame. Very nice and spot on theme.
Figures - A grab shot it may be but it is on theme and does get the grey matter stirring. As a photo, it looks a touch flat.
Household - Very clever - spot on theme and the second is very well done :)
Limit - Very funny :D Poor chap has definitely reached his limit!
Bizarre - Very clever again but maybe a touch too fringe for me...
Broken - Poor Froggy. It's only the eyes that give it away. Good use of shallow DoF.
Entertain - Another one that made me smile despite it's faults :)
Spiral - The spring for me. The reflection makes it (y)
Silhouette - The copied gulls and mirrored sky doesn't work for me but the grass does :)

Cheers, Lee, appreciate the mega catch up (y)

Silhouette with gulls, yeah, very lazy with the processing. No idea want happened with sky, don't recall mirroring it :thinking:

Thanks again.

Cheers.

I recognise a squirabbit when I see one but not sure of #2 ... could it be nessie !?! Great bg's especially the "soft" water Andy.

Hi Andy, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in Whitley Bay :)

The first silhouette is a great shot, very hitchcock-esque (if there is such a word), but ave to say I prefer the second of the two - I think I'd have that on my wall :clap:

Cool. Love the background on the 2nd shot. Nice lighting on the... erm... thing, too!

Well certainly unusual, nothing wrong with a bit of paper folding at your age, I think the first one works better, but thats rather irrelevant it's the thought that counts

... obviously a seal, now you mention it. :LOL: ... liking #2 ... good BG, good contrasting colours, good idea.

EDIT #2 is Animals 1

Last edited:
Seal? no surely it's a puppy dawg.
Loved the first one Andy, the bright blue counterpointing the subdued tones of the scenery.
But I prefer the second (Animals 1). The colours are just so much richer.

Silhouette: Both shots have their merits but on balance I prefer the birds as there are no OOF parts to distract [me] from the image. Not that the OOF bits are a bad thing but it is the decider between the two pictures for me.

... obviously a seal, now you mention it. :LOL: ... liking #2 ... good BG, good contrasting colours, good idea.

EDIT #2 is Animals 1

Seal? no surely it's a puppy dawg.
Loved the first one Andy, the bright blue counterpointing the subdued tones of the scenery.
But I prefer the second (Animals 1). The colours are just so much richer.

Silhouette: Both shots have their merits but on balance I prefer the birds as there are no OOF parts to distract [me] from the image. Not that the OOF bits are a bad thing but it is the decider between the two pictures for me.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

(y)

Right, onto Medical.

As soon as I saw the theme I knew what I was going to do and a big thanks to Jackie for being my model, especially considering the fact that the lighting and processing are far from flattering :kiss:

Processed for a cold and sinister feeling. Used Analogue Efex Pro to embellish the sinister feel.

Cheers all.

Week 26 Medical by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Phwoar!

I always act suspicious at the airport but no luck yet... any tips?

B. :cow:

GULP ! (I'm mentally back to the wall creeping towards the exit door). Nicely done Andy - great response to the theme.:clap:

Phwoar!

I always act suspicious at the airport but no luck yet... any tips?

B. :cow:

Well, if you don't get pulled over for an 'inspection' no one will :)

GULP ! (I'm mentally back to the wall creeping towards the exit door). Nicely done Andy - great response to the theme.:clap:

Cheers, Carl, Jackie really is a star and always helps when I need a model.

Hi Andy, that's excellent, don't even think it needs the reddened eyes, you have got the pose just right and the tightness in the frame the old kind of film edging works too

excellent :clap:

Ah, the gloves strike again; it's becoming quite a theme in itself. Darkly threatening (y)

Hi Andy, that's excellent, don't even think it needs the reddened eyes, you have got the pose just right and the tightness in the frame the old kind of film edging works too

excellent :clap:

Cheers, Allan, yeah, red eyes, I have have both versions and can't make my mind up.

Ah, the gloves strike again; it's becoming quite a theme in itself. Darkly threatening (y)

Threatening indeed. I don't recal using this gloves before but have another 39 pairs so they will, I'm sure, appear again :)

Cheers.

This is a grower. Wasn't sure about the frame nor the OOF hand at first ... but yes. (y)

Hey Andy :)

Quick catch up....

Entertainment - Nice idea, love how this is lit and the great look on your face (y)

Spiral - A couple of great mono images, for me it's the spring, love the dark background and the reflection :)

Silhouette - Another couple of nice images, for me the second shot is a clear winner, super detail !!!

Animal - Good to see yet another two too choose from, and again i'm going for the second shot, love the rocks, smooth water and the bold animal shape... cracking idea :clap:

Medical - I had the exact same idea... well with Mrs Dk in the shot not your Jackie... nice processing, liking the look, sure looks like she means business :D

Hey Andy :)

Quick catch up....

Entertainment - Nice idea, love how this is lit and the great look on your face (y)

Spiral - A couple of great mono images, for me it's the spring, love the dark background and the reflection :)

Silhouette - Another couple of nice images, for me the second shot is a clear winner, super detail !!!

Animal - Good to see yet another two too choose from, and again i'm going for the second shot, love the rocks, smooth water and the bold animal shape... cracking idea :clap:

Medical - I had the exact same idea... well with Mrs Dk in the shot not your Jackie... nice processing, liking the look, sure looks like she means business :D

Cheers, Dean, appreciate the feedback, considering how busy you are (y)

Well, I might have my Proverb. It's food related and yes, I'm in it :pbut it's a family photograph.

Nearly didn't happen, though. I set up with two OCF in soft boxes, turned around and a gust of wind caught one and it toppld over on to all the food. Jackie and the title took it well :bat:

I was after better composition, ideally triangular, but thought I'd better not start directing them :exit:

Anyways, better finish the sausages :woot:

Cheers.

Week 28 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 28 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

... nice to see lovely people having a good time, but the old geezer on the left seems to be struggling. :exit:

Hi Andy. I prefer #1 with it's slightly reddier tint - love the slightly rustic feel; terrific lighting by the way.

Back