Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Still trying to figure out if it's a real bonsai, but love the idea and the lighting under the left side works well; could it have been from the right as well?:)

#Photoshop :)

I like the concept for sure but not keen on the lighting from underneath, liking the detail of the skin/finger print and the soil too, good effort for a gay phone ;)

Gay....GAY.....and you use a Windows Phone :p

Nightmare trying to keep Isabelle interested......I failed :banghead:

Cheers.

BTW, you been camping or have you yet to go??

Lighting isnt "quite" right, but for me its the stand out pic for this theme, mainly because its original and not a field shot.

Was it Isabelle's finger then? not yours. I really like the concept of the picture and the execution works for me.
The lighting from the underside would often be what you see for trees close up, not problem with that.
(y)

Oh, and I guess a fruit based phone is on theme for agriculture too ;)

Gay....GAY.....and you use a Windows Phone :p
:D

Windows Phone is dead... mine is a windows 10 mobile, a limited edition, well okay not many people have them so limited in a way, and nearly dead too :LOL:

Nightmare trying to keep Isabelle interested......I failed :banghead:

Cheers.

BTW, you been camping or have you yet to go??
We are still camping now, as usual poor mobile signal, and poor site Wi-Fi which is a shame as was hoping to catch up on lots of threads :)

It's a great concept for the theme and a striking image, nicely done.

The tree doesn't look very edible as agricultural products do. ;)

But nice job, finger/soil detail .... and top idea. (y)

Lighting isnt "quite" right, but for me its the stand out pic for this theme, mainly because its original and not a field shot.

Was it Isabelle's finger then? not yours. I really like the concept of the picture and the execution works for me.
The lighting from the underside would often be what you see for trees close up, not problem with that.
(y)

Oh, and I guess a fruit based phone is on theme for agriculture too ;)

Bonsai agriculture, like it Andy and on theme :)

It's a great concept for the theme and a striking image, nicely done.

The tree doesn't look very edible as agricultural products do. ;)

But nice job, finger/soil detail .... and top idea. (y)

Thanks, all. Lighting is off.

Appreciate the FB especially considering my lack of activity recently.

Cheers.

So, I am now a former Nikon user after moving over to........Olympus :) Camera arrives tomorrow. I can leave my iPhone behind, helpful it has been, though.

I was after a serial killer/drunkard/horror film result (aargggggg it's 23:52!!!!).

Anyway, this is me after a few drinks, after around 8 hours camera researching (believe it or not I am sober :))

Submission deadline in 2 minutes....

Enough waffling.

Comments appreciated but not expected (y)

Cheers.

Graceful...NOT by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Olympus eh ... interesting. A friend's got a Pen F and I'm envious. But you're probably going for a Pro job(?)

Graceful ...yes very. :D ... Those eyes! and the dribbles ... Yikes ... clever processing, all round deathly feel.

Olympus eh ... interesting. A friend's got a Pen F and I'm envious. But you're probably going for a Pro job(?)

Graceful ...yes very. :D ... Those eyes! and the dribbles ... Yikes ... clever processing, all round deathly feel.

Yeah, Jackie, convinced me to go for an OM-D E-M1 Mark II :)

Cheers.

Graceful yeah right :D Like the eyes rolling back in the shot. Glad to hear you are getting a better camera too :)

Cheers, Dave.

Thats quite a grim shot tbf....

Grim, my work is done (y)

Cheers.

I think this is a bit more like disgraceful :p
It's the eyes in the back of the head, zombie like:eek:

Hi Andy I am having a catch up on comments and realise I have not commented on yours since practice week
I have had a look through and it is certainly a wierd and wonderful selection, with some interesting twists on the
themes, and a lot of effort put in I feel bad at my lack of comments earlier. Your whole picture saddens me that
people are so thoughtless sadly we see too much of it, and your Evolve, face triptic and Arcitecture made me
smile. I really like your photos for dark and Power.

Hi Andy I am having a catch up on comments and realise I have not commented on yours since practice week
I have had a look through and it is certainly a wierd and wonderful selection, with some interesting twists on the
themes, and a lot of effort put in I feel bad at my lack of comments earlier. Your whole picture saddens me that
people are so thoughtless sadly we see too much of it, and your Evolve, face triptic and Arcitecture made me
smile. I really like your photos for dark and Power.

Not easy commenting and I appreciate you popping by.

Regards.

Sorry to read about your camera woes, Andy, but hopefully you'll enjoy your new one. It's a catch-up from me as I've only just got up to date again.

I really like your botanical shot for Pleasure; the contrasting colours and especially the dramatic way it seems to be pointing out of the screen.
Tiny - good idea, love the framing, probably prefer #2 as the extra white space seems to suit the series.
Face - another effective collection for #1 but the face in the tree is my favourite for this one. Well spotted :)
Agriculture - I'd never guess this was done with a mobile phone camera, and it's a great concept. Super sharp details throughout.
Graceful - or should that be DISgraceful? The exact opposite of the theme, quite dark indeed, and well captured (y)

IMG_0734.jpg

Today Andy is on holiday and had a few of these ( fermented though) and so asked for help for his fruity theme, so here goes

Last edited:
Ewwwwe what an odd one :D

Glad to see you are "normal" after all Andy and can miss a week due to being busy :clap:

I would have preferred the word in focus due to the theme linkimagerythingymygig but still liking it because of the acute angle and the mixture of textures !!!

Nice gritty looking vehicle shot Andy, nice in mono and like the texture :)

Ewwwwe what an odd one :D

Glad to see you are "normal" after all Andy and can miss a week due to being busy :clap:

I would have preferred the word in focus due to the theme linkimagerythingymygig but still liking it because of the acute angle and the mixture of textures !!!

Thanks all...gutted I posted late :(

Right, decided to pull my finger out and get back in here :)

Now, I know it's Piece, but I misread the title :)

My new Olympus 40-150 arrived on Monday with my 1.4 teleconverter :)

I'll used the word SEXY, because it is :D

Went for a walk in the park and bored Jackie to death with specs on the lens :geek:

Photographed at 150mm which I believe is 300mm FF equivalent at F2.8.

Wonderful sunset light.

Off over to comment...been a while :)

Cheers all.

Peace by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Went for a walk in the park and bored Jackie to death with specs on the lens :geek:
My wife (Jane) pretty much turns off when I start talking about camera gear, in the same way I do when she talks about equestrian gear:D

Glad you are back in the game and enjoying the new toy, is that f2.8 FF equivalent (f1.4 MFT) or f5.6 FF? Either way, just shows you can get a nice shallow DoF with MFT, .good light and focus on the peace sign.

all these equivalents, I don't know, but that is a super bit a gear you've got there. Wasn't it John Lennon who said "give peas a chance"? another spelling mistake, no doubt.

My wife (Jane) pretty much turns off when I start talking about camera gear, in the same way I do when she talks about equestrian gear:D

Cheers, he loved it really :)

Some here too, the wife switchers right off now when I talk about my new camera :D Nice shot too Andy, hope you enjoy the camera :)

Indeed. Enjoying it lots :)

Glad you are back in the game and enjoying the new toy, is that f2.8 FF equivalent (f1.4 MFT) or f5.6 FF? Either way, just shows you can get a nice shallow DoF with MFT, .good light and focus on the peace sign.

Not sure if the aperture if effected between FF and MFT. I know the focal length is.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, like the pp of the sign, great textures and love the b+w. Peace, nice separation, the 40-150 is indeed a sext lens, 300mm equiv in such a small package.

You should try out the 75mm f1.8 (150 equiv).

How are you finding the new kit?

Bloody amazing :)

I don't need any moorrrrreeee lens :thinking:

You never gave piece a chance! ;) :D The light is beautiful as you say. Great detail on Jackie's hand and love the shallow dof here. Looking forward to seeing more from your new toy (y)

:eek:

It was great light and a great subject :)

Cheers.

all these equivalents, I don't know, but that is a super bit a gear you've got there. Wasn't it John Lennon who said "give peas a chance"? another spelling mistake, no doubt.

:eek: Cheers for popping by.

Hi Andy,
Graceful - 8 hours of research would drive me to drink too. Your iPhone has served well capturing the story you wanted to portray.
OM-D E-M1 Mark II eh? Interesting choice coming from your Nikon. 60fps though, that should be interesting for action shots.
Looking forward to seeing images from it.

Vehicle - Erm... :) Well, the captured detail looks good, and considering your subject matter, I'm glad it was the road sign.

Piece - You're hiding the exif, it would be really interesting to know the iso as the oof background doesn't seem to show any pixelation, even at full res. How are you finding the E-M1 ?

Good to see you getting back in Andy ...you were always so enthusiastic!

Graceful ...well if you're sober you're doing a great act ...you've certainly captured the effect you were after.
Vehicle ...not sure on this one ...but I guess everything gets transported somewhere :thinking:
Peace ...and why not ...it sounds the same ..really nice lighting for an image that suits Peace perfectly.

To be fair I am surprised no one else thought of it nice sunlight

Hi Andy,
Graceful - 8 hours of research would drive me to drink too. Your iPhone has served well capturing the story you wanted to portray.
OM-D E-M1 Mark II eh? Interesting choice coming from your Nikon. 60fps though, that should be interesting for action shots.
Looking forward to seeing images from it.

Vehicle - Erm... :) Well, the captured detail looks good, and considering your subject matter, I'm glad it was the road sign.

Piece - You're hiding the exif, it would be really interesting to know the iso as the oof background doesn't seem to show any pixelation, even at full res. How are you finding the E-M1 ?

Cheers, I had a teleconvertor so I suspect it stripped exit. It was native iso 200.

It's WONDERFUL :D

Good to see you getting back in Andy ...you were always so enthusiastic!

Graceful ...well if you're sober you're doing a great act ...you've certainly captured the effect you were after.
Vehicle ...not sure on this one ...but I guess everything gets transported somewhere :thinking:
Peace ...and why not ...it sounds the same ..really nice lighting for an image that suits Peace perfectly.

Thanks, Susie, glad to be back. Was pretty meh for a few weeks.

Cheers.

To be fair I am surprised no one else thought of it nice sunlight

Cheers, Allan.

Back