weekly PSPDan's 52 for 2016 - Week 17 "Rough" added!

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Dan.
I think the angle is fine, it allows you to get the other beam in.
If you get a chance to re-shoot it, reduce the aperture to increase the depth of field in focus. You 'ought' to be able to come down to 1/80th or 1/50th of a sec shutter speed at 50mm and still handhold so plenty of scope to reduce the size of the 'ole at the front.

To be honest though, to me the shallow DoF is absolutely fine.

Interesting shot which certainly fits the theme. Particularly like the red contrast to the muted colours.
Liz

Hi Dan, the DoF is suited to the image I think but I can understand your frustration at having some words out of focus... We've all been there :) Good take on the theme though

Hi Dan. A lot of metal up there. Like the mix of horizontals and diagonals and verticals. Nice one for the theme. :clap:

Liking your image Dan, i can read several different tings from the obvious banging head, head banging to metal music, Good luck completing your 52

Hi, Dan, well spotted with the mind your head and the disabled sticker. I'd like a slightly closer crop to remove some of the lower section.

WElcome aboard :)

Cheers.

Hi Dan, I also like the DOF holding my attention on the sign, and hence reinforcing the narrative. In contrast to Andy I'd like to see MORE of what's below!
Keep up the good work. (y)

Nice subject for metal, lots of interest with the signs and different angles of the beams. I don't mind that the whole of the sign is not in focus, think it works like this.

Like it although the blacks are vey black if that makes sense?
What's going on in the window on the far left? It looks a bit suspicious and spooky to me!

Maybe I'm being thick...it is late, but what is your interpretation of the theme, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Like it although the blacks are vey black if that makes sense?
What's going on in the window on the far left? It looks a bit suspicious and spooky to me!

Maybe I'm being thick...it is late, but what is your interpretation of the theme, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Thanks Chris.

I guess it's a more metaphorical interpretation. I took the photo quite late at night and everywhere else in the street was closed, but I noticed these two still working... almost as though being held captive in there!

I originally cropped out the left hand side, not really sure what it is. Some kind of creepy mannequin behind bars maybe? But I thought it added to the theme, but if not I still think it gives the shot a weird creepy dimension!

I like your first one, with nice clear links to the theme whilst still being something more than just metal. I liked the captive and saw it as some kind of zoo exhibit if you get me.

Nice start, good luck finishing,
Oscar

The first one is well on theme, it's all about metal so the sign not being completely in focus doesn't matter to me.

Love the "Captive" pic.

Maybe they were locked in :exit:

Dan Hi, really like shop image for the captive theme. What i get from this image is the sense of lateness in the day and the last shopper holding the shop keeper captive. Great exposure and plenty of detail.

Hi nice take on the theme its good to see something different

Like the story behind the picture, I see it as the people in front are free and the people behind the wire framed window are captives,
and to have gone out and found this hats off to you well done.

I quite like the added interest on the lhs - breaks up the black anyway, but the main part of the image is well themed and nicely taken.

Like that very much as a picture. The very dark surround with the bright interior and the two workers looks good to me. The link to the theme might have worked a bit better if they had been obviously working (say at desks or something) but you obviously had no control over that.

Liking the concept and think you have captured it admirably. There is something very street about this pic and I think the characters in the left of the frame add a certain interest. It certainly is unique this week and inspiring to see an original, thoughtful interpretation.

Back