weekly PSPDan's 52 for 2016 - Week 17 "Rough" added!

Two more great shots for artificial and personal Dan. Great use of dof in the first and the vibrant reds work very well. I hadn't thought at all about the title linking to the condolence messages - the flowers seem to be absolutely the subject. I love the framing of the second - with the passersby having their backs to the door it makes it all the more a private opening to a very personal world.

Good fir for the theme Dan. Like the composition - the figures seem to be spurning the open door invitation to enter and that itself implies a Personal choice.

Good interpretation for personal. Nice bright colours bring the eye to the sign. I like the composition too with the two people walking away on each side of the shot.

Good street, nice depth. If it needs anything I'd say a bit off the top.

I was going to say that's a decent street shot dan, but d00d appears to have beaten me to it.
I wonder what the ladies in the shot would think of having their picture taken in said location ;)

Dan

Artificial - Nice composition for flowers and beautifully lighting & DoF. Really like your Personal image, something I would have loved to take a picture of.

Artificial is a great spot, the lighting on the Artificial flowers is really well captured and the shallow dof makes them stand out from the cluttered background.

Personal is another good spot and to capture people walking away on each side gives a balanced composition.

Dangerous - no explanation needed for that image.

Topical - fits the theme, nicely composed.

Living world - lovely duck shot, no crit needed for this image.

Artificial - a really good find for the theme, really love the vibrancy of the red on the flowers.

Personal - I can't fault you for that image, I don't think you can get much more personal than that.

artificial - the flowers certainly take the attention despite the busy background. I like the colour and light on the flowers.
Personal - so you just found yourself in soho I guess that better than loosing yourself in soho. certainly fits the theme

Great shot for personal Dan, your right what could be more personal than that

Week 13 - Effort

So I've been away in Malta and have started to fall behind again. Oops.

Not sure if this is technically allowed but my shot for week 13 is actually a picture of me... I did do a lot of processing on it though! My girlfriend has been trying to get me to learn to ride for the last 4 years and I finally caved, so here I am on my second lesson, putting a lot of effort in!

TP 52 Week 13 - Effort by Dan Griffiths, on Flickr

Hi Dan :)

I'd prefer the guy (you) & Horse trotting into the frame rather than out of it, but I must say the detail on the horses coat is lovely and a nice unusual choice fort the theme, having your girlfriend take it is nice if you ask me, you look well in control :)

You look a natural Dan .. .in fact, dare I say, you seem to be riding without a great deal of noticeable effort. I agree with Dean - the glossy sheen on the horse is lovely.

Hi Dan,

Good on you for having a go at learning something new. Agree that it would be nice having the horse coming into the frame. Looks like your girlfriend did well exposing it with what looks like fairly bright sunlight.

I've missed a few weeks commenting but also wanted to mention that I really liked your spiky shot, saw it a few weeks ago but didn't get chance to comment.

Hi Dan. Yep, CCTV definitely fits Technology. Good composition with the empty space and excellent blue/yellow contrast. :clap:

Nice take on effort I would agree it would have been better with you and the horse coming into the frame.

Technology yep works for me. Love the contrasting colours but for me the white is a little to bright maybe needs toning down a little

Hi Dan, those both work for me. Lighting on the flank of the horse is good - great use of fairly hard sunlight to bring out the definition. Agree with your own crit as well, but that's great to be identifying how best to improve. Technology is a good spot, definitely on theme and as others have said, a nice contrast of colours. Good job!

Hi Dan,
Going to agree with DK regarding the horse, but hell, it was only your second lesson so I'm sure the horse was going where it wanted and not where you were pointing it ;)
Technology - the cctv didn't jump out at me, I was too busy enjoying the graduated sky. Is it part of a ship?

Fabulous image for Horizontal - love all those textures, intricate detailing and colours and the worn and weary look throughout ... even the belisha beacon. As for Vast, nicely composed with that ship on the horizon helping give scale. :clap:

Both horizontal and vast on topic for me and I like them both, though preferably the former (I love buildings / architecture type shots).

Vast almost looks too blue to me, though without introducing colour yourself you're a bit stuck there :)

Some great shots since my last visit I hope you enjoyed the Horse riding
My favorite is your Horizontal shot, lots of horizontals in there and plenty of interest

I agree with the other comments Dan, both are good shots.
There are wonky horizontals and verticals in the Horizontal shot, but judging from the way they diverge, it's simply that the road is on a slope so it's an accurate representation.
I really like the blue of the sea in Vast, and as others have commented, the inclusion of the ship provides a scale. Well done on avoiding a hazy image.

another liking your Horizontal ... great colour & detail. I didn't notice the zebra till you mentioned it.

Hi Dan

Love the muted colours in horizontal and the markings for the crossing puling you in to the picture

Vast yep works for me

Back