weekly Purplepleasers 2016 52 Flora

I agree, I prefer the first because it is a stronger image but the second says "sign" a bit moire, as usual two very strong mono conversions

First shot for me too Lee probably as there is a certain arty style about it ... which goes with the product being advertised I suppose. (Think I'll pass on the free treatments offer though ;))

The fist on for me too Lee love the B&W conversion. The only slight crit would be it not quite level

Hi Lee.

Simple - I prefer the imagery of #2, but I think #1 is the better of the two technically. The dark spot on #2 doesn't help.
Signs - #1... I like urban art and that comes across well. #2 has too many distractions. I think it would have worked better with subtly shallow dof. Enough to remove the distractions, but deep enough that you make out what the background was.

Nice graffiti job, it all stands out really well. And B&W (I know we don't have a choice) is just perfect. :D

First one for me Lee, the flowers stand out really well, is that a floral dress reflected in the mirror? If so, well seen.

I know what you mean about flickr, it's been up and down for a week or more.

Agree with Chris Lee the first one is spot on, especially the dresses reflection in the mirror. Like the B&W conversion as well

I like #1 although it's a rather complex image. I think the same sort of scene but just with slightly less clutter work work even better.

The second image is an interesting idea, but I find the highlight centre top of frame competing for attention with the in focus flowers. Could have been an opportunity to move position and get the sun backlighting those flowers perhaps?!

Hi Lee, I do hope you manage to hang on in there as this is one of my favourite threads, your images are always so unique. I like both of those, the first one is cluttered, but it's also very effective, the second one has a real ghostly look to it as it disappears on the left hand side ....well done with them both :clap:

#1 for me, great composition, I like the out-of-focusness of the middle part

Two good pics for Sign Lee and I prefer the first one as the gritty b&w just works really well.

Flora, it's the first one for me again, nicely spotted.

Hope you get your mojo back soon. Mine has been up and down all year this time but you just have to keep slogging away.

I reckon if I get one shot from my 52 thatI would put on my wall then it has been a good year.

#1 ... quite daring of you to shoot and post such an image ... but it works. (y) ... always nice to see unusual takes.

Simple - I prefer the first one too
Sign - Again I like the first one best great sign
Flora - both work well for the theme I can't pick a favourite

Back