weekly Reanimated 52 2014 - Massive update to darkness

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Place holder in case I get around to actually doing an index.

Those of you who know me know that this is going to be like. It'll be fairly eclectic, if nothing else. I'm intending to have at least one more project on the go as well - based around the tropes of Gothic Film - and I'll try to interleave them where the themes allow.

Here's odd. The thought process is fairly simple:

Odd One Out
by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

In the process of setting up I shot something that I quite liked:

Burn

As per usual, alternate takes on my Flickr.

I would have preferred another match on the left to have the odd one in the centre, other than that I like everything about it.

I also like the smoke on the second image but feel the burnt match works better.

Good b/w image. Think the DOF chosen with sharp focus on the match heads works very well.

I like the composition and feel of the image. I think I would have tried a wider depth of field but I wasn't there to try it out so I don't know if it would have worked. I lil the processing too, I look forward to the rest of your 52.

Hi
I like them both smoke looks really good in 2 but the lighting in 1 is spot on so that would have to be my choice

& another addict back for more torture :wave:

2nd image for me....mainly cos I like the frame & the whisp of smoke (y)

The 1st is good but being picky & suffering with OCD...the match's don't appear quite level at the bottom.....I'll get me coat :coat:

#3 for me too please. Straight lines, curved lines and symetry - what's not to like.

3 for me too, just love the lines and shapes in there, you could look at that for ages and still see something different

Odd - I like both shot although for me the first one with the burnt match just wins for me. Both have been excellently converted to mono.
Linear/Line - #3 is interesting because of the patterns but I can't help think #1 would look great in a series of similar images.

Number 3 is certainly different but I do like number 1 especially the intentional lo-fi

Thanks all for your comments. Just to confuse things further, here's #4:

Last go at line:

The Shortest Distance

The intention for this was to set up a labyrinth and have him smashing through. I used the maze from the Shining as the model, built it and hated the final shots so much i binned them off the camera; the scale was simply all wrong. I then used the offcuts of card to do this variation on the same theme.

On my Flickr you can see a variation with slightly different lighting and angle.

I did do another version, but the composition was much more effective with him moving away from the camera:

Hulk SMASH

Liking the first hulk shot peering through - an unusual but creative take on a theme. Executed superbly too!

you're right.. #4 by a looong way.

lovely light, the depth and the vertical lines of the corrugations working great . (y)

Hi Tony

I did not comment on your 52 in 2013 cos I fell behind and could not do all. I find the typing very difficult and slow. But i did see your shots and they impressed. Anyway I have subscribed this year so will try to keep up.

Like others, i admire Hulk #1 - original and well set up and executed. Maybe the head is a little lost but that's all(y)

Back