weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

You need a 16mm f1.4 :D
Maybe after Xmas, I have one or two things to sort first, but I think I am resigned to the 16 rather than the 23 now... you have cost me a fortune :D

I just love this misty shot. Perhaps I would have taken half the field off at the bottom and did it more like a letterbox. But it is still rather nice!

Wow, that looks quite an intense fire. Nice contrast between the dark black smoke and the yellow-white flame.
Yeah, it was pretty big for a few moments, Jet fuel burns quite well :D

When I saw this cracking image in the Fuji thread I did wonder if you`d put it in as Playing with Fire, a great choice of subject and to me one of the best for the theme as imo it is a great image and well taken too.
Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

I think this is a remarkable shot Rick!
I just love the subtle colours and the mist really gives a sense of how (far too) cold it is.
Great work!:clap:

Thanks Gareth, very kind of you to say :)
I just love this misty shot. Perhaps I would have taken half the field off at the bottom and did it more like a letterbox. But it is still rather nice!

Thanks, much appreciated.

BOOM! Love it!

Rick

That's an unusual shot, but maybe not for you. Love the action and the colours captured.

Pete

Wow, that's an amazing image Rick!:clap:
I do hope it's a practice exercise!?
It's a really action packed image and a well controlled exposure with terrific colours!
I thought about doing something with 'playing with fire'....quite glad I didn't now, there's no way I could compete with this!
Excellent work!

Rick

That's an unusual shot, but maybe not for you. Love the action and the colours captured.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I am Lucy to have these facilities within my job role. It fitted nicely into the theme for me :)

It's a really action packed image and a well controlled exposure with terrific colours!
I thought about doing something with 'playing with fire'....quite glad I didn't now, there's no way I could compete with this!
Excellent work!

Thanks Gareth,

It was indeed a training ing exercise, we carry out quite a few of these to ensure we have the necessary level of competence, though we limit the amount to fuel related burns as obviously this creates an environmental hazard, though we do need to have these to test the application of the correct firefighting techniques.

Excellent work!

Here are a few more without the black smoke... these are LPG fired. Makes my gas hob seem cheap with this at around £130 / minute!

DSCF1988 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1873 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1975 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1971 by rick phillips, on Flickr

They're great Rick!!:clap:
I love the action, and that big, Kronenburg is an impressive bit of kit!
That's half the size if the 2 new ones I have on order, that one is actually air transportable in a C130. I can assure you these things aren't cheap...

That's half the size if the 2 new ones I have on order, that one is actually air transportable in a C130.

Blimey!
Them C130s are hugely impressive, and impressively huge for that matter....the 'transit van' of the skies...though that's doing them a disservice I feel!:LOL:

rick448 also said:
I can assure you these things aren't cheap...

I can certainly believe that!
It's reassuring to know that all this time and effort is being put into air (and ground) safety...though I have only ever flown once and don't plan to again anytime soon!!
I guess I'm a bit of a wuss!!:sorry::LOL:

I agree with the other comments, I love the vibrancy of the colours.
This needed to be taken on a bright day like that for it to pop quite so well :clap:
Thanks Tim,

I was very lucky with the weather considering the time of year.

Far - Fits the bill and nice yellows caught there.
Environment - I think I'll plump for the colour shot over the monos because blues.
Short - I didn't even know plastic ice cubes were a thing (outside of kids character ones). Works nicely in mono and the DoF very quickly loses the edges.

Far - Fits the bill and nice yellows caught there.
Environment - I think I'll plump for the colour shot over the monos because blues.
Short - I didn't even know plastic ice cubes were a thing (outside of kids character ones). Works nicely in mono and the DoF very quickly loses the edges.
Thanks for the feedback Tim :)

My below image is going to be late :( I got all set up and ready to go out just now and then it started pouring down. Never mind, I'll catch up, hopefully tomorrow.

I can just picture more Fuji boxes under the tree :D
It`s on theme so well done for getting a shot in, like that you got the candles in view too.
Nice work for a quick grab Rick.
Bright and colourful, and I like the symmetry too.
On-themeness = spot on!(y)
Thanks guys :) I really didn't want to get behind as things are manic here at the moment...

You definitely need to get your Christmas shopping done Rick and pile those presents up. But very nice (and very nice floorboards as well!)

You definitely need to get your Christmas shopping done Rick and pile those presents up. But very nice (and very nice floorboards as well!)
Thanks, the presents will be under there shortly I should imagine. I’ll update the picture with an after shot :)

Fits the theme and lets you keep up, so no complaints on that front.
Did you consider other angles though, say from "below" ;) to give it a more interesting look?
It was a quick grab and I didn't think of getting below no. :)

Back