weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

I like the complexity of the Mini mirror shot. (y)

Thanks, Mark. The car is a Mini 50 Cooper S, my third Mini including a classic Mini in the early '80s. Love every one of them.

Very nice indeed. Our current fleet stands at 7! one MINI and 5 classics I think I have a problem!

Oval

It's the second one for me (and I not a fan of Porsche). The red is so crisp that it really frames the headlight.

Oval - I quite like the white one but agree its a bit busy, so red pips it to the post

Stan,

Juxaposition, good spot, nice colours in the stone and strong lines in the modern.
Oval, Prefer the red car just for the colour, but the white one is more oval.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Agree, the red is a simpler and cleaner image but the Mini is a better shape for Oval.

Red here too Stan. There are less distractions and the blacks and silvers really stand out against the red bodywork.

Cheers, Tim.

Taken this morning at a level crossing. (No train service on Sundays) I have to shoot into the sun so I hold the camera at eye level and pointing down slightly to avoid any flares and also to include the timber planks as foreground interest.

Week 14 - Straight

Straight Run by Stan, on Flickr

Your straight shot is exactly what I had in my head too Satn, but sadly me memory tricked me and the location I went to had curves in it....
Great take, I like it, and the forground interest as well.

Reactions: rpn
Your straight shot is exactly what I had in my head too Satn, but sadly me memory tricked me and the location I went to had curves in it....
Great take, I like it, and the forground interest as well.

Thanks, Mark. I had this in mind when the theme came out and although I crossed this level crossing many times I never paid any attention to the track layout. I used Google map to check there's a straight run of track before I headed out this morning.

Doesn't come much straighter than the rails, I wonder if it would work in mono. I really like the trees, on theme or not it makes an interesting image

Railway lines is perfect but I too would like to see a mono version, the trees is an interesting effect not quite sure it works but certainly catches your eye

Railway lines is good for the theme, as has been said, you can`t get much straighter.

Thanks, Dave.

Railway lines is perfect but I too would like to see a mono version, the trees is an interesting effect not quite sure it works but certainly catches your eye

Thanks, Allan. Mono version on its way soon.

... makes me wonder if a bit of blur on the trackside might add. o_O on second thoughts ... No
Nice and straight.

Love those trees. (y)

Hi Stan

B&W Straight image works very well. On the colour version the brown of the building distracts a bit. ICM is one thing, but the PS motion blur does not work at all for me.

Pete

... makes me wonder if a bit of blur on the trackside might add. o_O on second thoughts ... No
Nice and straight.

Love those trees. (y)

Thanks, David.

Hi Stan

B&W Straight image works very well. On the colour version the brown of the building distracts a bit. ICM is one thing, but the PS motion blur does not work at all for me.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Very good points about the building in the colour version. Appreciate that motion blur was never going to be for everyone, I just enjoyed playing around in Photoshop occasionally.

The motion blur trees is superb!

The motion blur trees is superb!

Thanks, Dave.

I love them both Stan, I much prefer the colour one, I might be tempted to nip a bit off the top, but I really like colour and textures in it. Those trees :clap: now they’re right up my street, love it.

Thanks, Susie. Excellent comments about cropping the top. Always open to suggestions.

Straight
The colour version for me and the foreground really is improved by having the planks.

Hi Stan, Trying to have a big catch up again!

Wet - Very nice abstract, nice coloured bokeh spots
Juxtaposition - Second one for me as it really shows the contrast.
Oval - Red one for me, the red really pops
Straight - I like the wood and the rails and prefer them in colour but its a shame about the not very appealing buildings on each side but not much you can do about them.:(

:D

The train line is nice and straight, but I prefer the motion blur trees!

Hi Stan I like the B&W version of your take on straight best for me it adds a bit more depth I also like the trees image something a little different

First one for me, I like the bin in the middle of the shot surrounded by litter

Both work, always a nice sight. I used to work most Sunday mornings thats exactly what its like

Both work for the theme Stan but it's got to be the first one for me like Chris I like the bin in the middle of the image surrounded by the litter

They're both good at portraying Unattractive. Second shot RHS bin is a nice find ... might look good without the other bin. o_O

First one for me, I like the bin in the middle of the shot surrounded by litter

Thanks, Chris. People just can't be bothered to open the bin hatch, I guess.

Litter is very unattractive and you took the shoot well, like the first as nice DOF and love the 3 cups on the bin.

Cheers, Dave. Laziness or bin is full.

Both work, always a nice sight. I used to work most Sunday mornings thats exactly what its like

Thanks, Allan.

Both work for the theme Stan but it's got to be the first one for me like Chris I like the bin in the middle of the image surrounded by the litter

Thanks, Mark.

Back