weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

Nice image Stan! I've got one very similar somewhere and I had to do a double take!!!

Nice stump - and some dappled light too!

Reactions: rpn
Yepp, dappled light and not a full tree. you could argue that the roots make up half the tree.

Pete

Nice one Stan, I like how you've separated the stump from the background.

Nice stump - and some dappled light too!

Yepp, dappled light and not a full tree. you could argue that the roots make up half the tree.

Pete

Thanks, Dave and Pete. I thought about claiming the Technique too but still plenty of weeks left yet.

Nice one Stan, I like how you've separated the stump from the background.

Thanks, Bill. I set a smallish (f4) aperture to get the background out of focus in camera and then add the Orton Effect and masked out the tree stump during post processing to get the final result.

I like that Stan. I had to remind myself what the Orton Effect was and it works nicely for this subject.

#3 for me.

#1 is a bit "water for the sake of water" IMO and the muddy bit in #2 draws the eye too much - again, IMO.

#3 for me.

#1 is a bit "water for the sake of water" IMO and the muddy bit in #2 draws the eye too much - again, IMO.

Cheers, Nod. I tend to agree with you. I think is the small bridge, known as Grandpa Bridge built by a group of OAPs within the estate, that adds more interest to the image.

Certainly helps a bit.

I like your chose shot Stan it's a lovely image as is, but I'd like to see a closer shot of the little bridge in the distance.

You are spoilt for choice. The waterfall shot under the bridge would have been my pick.

Posts or stumps.. fits the bill either way ;)
I like the shots including the bridge... #2 my preference.

I particularly like the 2nd bridge shot. The redness in the leaves is lovely.

I like the first one of the first set and the second one of the second Stan. If that makes any sense!

Back