weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2023 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added and Complete

I had a D800 and loved it—great pic of another oldie but a goodie.

Not a shoe-horn at all! Very well executed, and a great Black and White shot. Just the right amount of DOF to have most all of it super sharp, but just falling out at the back.

Thanks, Graham. I set the aperture at f/8 for maximum sharpness.

I got it. Nice pic :)

Cheers, Dave. I bought the camera back in the mid-'70s and kept it ever since.

#1 is a textbook example of this type of image!

Perfect verticals and horizontals. The change in scenery at the bottom, and the subtle differences in each window make you want to look more closely.

Great idea, and wonderfully executed.

Reactions: rpn
#1 is a textbook example of this type of image!

Perfect verticals and horizontals. The change in scenery at the bottom, and the subtle differences in each window make you want to look more closely.

Great idea, and wonderfully executed.

Thanks, Graham. The same reason I choose that one over the others is because of the different shapes and sizes of repeating patterns.

All good shots but I prefer your chosen shot as it's more interesting with the extra context. The windows on their own aren't as appealing for me.

Fantastic set Stan, I can't decide if I like #1 (for it's change in patterns at the bottom) or #2 (for the strong contrasty black lines).

All good shots but I prefer your chosen shot as it's more interesting with the extra context. The windows on their own aren't as appealing for me.

Thanks, Helen.

Fantastic set Stan, I can't decide if I like #1 (for it's change in patterns at the bottom) or #2 (for the strong contrasty black lines).

Cheers, Bill. I think each has its own merits.

Nice one Stan. Tricky theme - Gard to get good visible access to some tunnels. You've got it spot on here. Hope you didn't fall over the wall!

Nice one Stan. Tricky theme - Gard to get good visible access to some tunnels. You've got it spot on here. Hope you didn't fall over the wall!

Thanks, Simon. It's a high wall and I have to hold the camera above my shoulder good job I took the X-T4 with the articulated screen.

Nice tunnel - but - no train! :)

Good composition - like the oof stone wall in the foreground also helps to draw the eye up the frame.

A train could have helped it along as Dave says above.

A good industrial landscape Stan. The positioning of the railway line leads into the shot nicely.

The image fits the theme and I share your thoughts on the theme

A great urban scene. Reminds me of many a train ride through London.

Nice tunnel - but - no train! :)

Good composition - like the oof stone wall in the foreground also helps to draw the eye up the frame.

A train could have helped it along as Dave says above.

Thanks, Dave & Graham. That's the Aberdeen to Inverness line and trains are every 2 hours. I've to wait a while for one.

A great urban scene. Reminds me of many a train ride through London.

Thanks, Helen. I can't remember the last time I travelled on a train, which must be over 15 ago.
xLw1xX5.gif

Two nice shots Stan, I prefer your second shot but the first one definitely fits the brief best.

Thanks, Colin. Difficult to choose between the two I think the background in the first one is less distracting.
Yes it definitely highlights what the picture is of more and so for me is a better fit for the theme. The second shot is a more interesting shot for me to look at but less obvious that the springs are the point of the shot ( if my ramblings make sense :) )

Nice springy stuffs :)

Back